Lovely 98 room luxury full service resort. Valet parking required and costs $18.00 per day, but soooo worth it. car is parked under hotel so stays cool, and it is nice during torrential evening storms to have someone bring your car. Valets are very friendly and good at recommending places to eat. From valet, walk into immaculate lobby, lots of marble, scents of pot pourri in the air. Valet takes your luggage to room. We stayed in one bedroom king suite. Living area had a sofa bed for our 16 year old son. Next time, we will spring for two bedrooms, because son was always sleeping and in our way in living area. We had full view from balcony of the ocean. Large window in bedroom gave us full view of the ocean, also. We also had clear view from the balcony of the pool, which was nice. We were on the tenth floor.
Food at the pool bar and the food at the bar area near the walk to the beach is outstanding. Fresh and delicious every time. We tried the fruit platter, pizza, clam chowder, hoummous, chips and salsa, turkey wrap, quesadillas - all were very good. Do not waste your time going anywhere else for lunch. (Do not, I repeat, do not be tempted to eat two buildings down at the Marriott. Food at the Marriot's Quinn's is horrible. Quinn's is dirty and smells bad, too.).
Service on the beach is so friendly. Guys get you an umbrella, put towels on the chairs, provide unlimited ice cold lemon flavored water, pass out fruit slushies every day at 3:00, and bring drink orders. Housekeeping is consistent. They wash dirty dishes for us! They provide turn down each night with chocolates and a little card with an inspirational quote. They even turn down the sofa bed for my son! Only complaint is there are no nonstick pans and I have no metal spatula to scrape off sticking food. If you intend to cook a lot, bring paper towels and a nonstick pan. Has an electric cooktop, oven, and microwave, very good exhaust system so I made bacon for breakfast.
We really love this place. It is like a mini Ritz Carlton. It is calm and quiet, much nicer than the Marriot which was hosting a large convention of drunk realtors!
Exercise room is three stair steppers, three recumbent(sp?) bikes, three treadmills, all with TV's. Free weights, exercise ball, eight weight machines. Bring headphones for TV.
Don't expect any special stuff for little ones, but there are quite a few couples with very young ones and they seem very happy.
Ok, now I need to give it a rest and hit the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort epitomizes the AAA Five-Diamond standards. Marco Beach Ocean Resort features casual and elegant dining, a spa and fitness center, pool and hot tub, rooftop gardens, four miles of white sand beach and nearby golf, tennis and shopping. Complimentary smoothies on the beach and pool offered daily at 3pm. Wireless internet available complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marco Beach Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Beach Ocean Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Beach Resort
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Hotel
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort Marco Island, Florida