“Enjoyable Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Enjoyable Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The MBOR is a very nice, clean, pleasant resort. We had a 2 bedroom suite for the 5 of us. Our 11yr old son slept on the pull out couch. The air conditioning worked in the living room area, but not very well in the bedrooms. Paulie and his fellow valet co-workers were awesome! Every time one of them pulled the car around, they would ask if directions or reccomendations were needed! Very, very nice gentlemen! All other employee's we encountered were pleasant and helpful. The guys escorting you to the beach chairs were nice enough, but the drink and food service on the beach was VERY hit and miss. Not sure how they determined who they would wait on, but they walked right by us a few times. I finally went to the bar myself and Mary Kaye set me up w Funky Monkey's!! An awesome drink! All and all, a good time was had by all, we would stay there again. The pool is very small, but never had a problem getting a chair. Beach is wonderful for sunsets and shelling. The island is extremely easy to navigate. We did walk down to the Marriott one night for a drink. While the pool area is awesome, the waitress was very snotty! The MBOR would DEFINITELY benefit from some sort of coffee kiosk, whether it be Starbuck's or Seattle's Best. That area they are certainly lacking in. It is not always convenient to walk over to Sale e Pepe for a mere cup of coffee, nor do you always want to make a pot in your room! Stephen and Ivan were definite "stand-outs" at Sale e Pepe, mostly they are there for breakfast. For the most part a very good experience!

Room Tip: Upper floors, above 6th floor is best for Gulf views.
2 Thank charlotte r
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to pass on your compliments to Paulie. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Iselin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

MBOR lived up to its reviews. The property is very nice with a large beach. It is well taken care of and extremely clean in the rooms and around the resort. Although it was fully booked, it never felt crowded and you never had to wait to have breakfast or lunch. All members of the staff went out of their way to accommodate you, were very pleasant and made you feel welcome. Each night a member of the housekeeping staff came by to ask if you wanted turn down service, extra towels, etc. The concierge actually phoned me a week before our arrival to ask if there was anything they could do in advance of our arrival. There are also very good restaurants minutes away. This was our second trip to Marco Island and we had forgotten how really nice it was. We will be back and will stay at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mario T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Tranquil place to go for adults with wonderful staff. All the staff here were so great. Great service is something we love when we travel and this hotel has it down pat! Quick room service as well, with whatever we needed. Not one rude one in the bunch. Every one of them was friendly and smiling. Which isn't always the case. There were just a couple of kids here, but it is mainly an adult type hotel. Pavel is an amazing doorman/bellman/valet. So friendly and courteous. Tatiana gave me an amazing massage in the spa. She didn't talk unless she asked me if this or that was ok. Warm table with moist warm towels on my back and feet. I recommend her and the swedish massage. So relaxing. Vessy & adorable french waiter Christopher at Sale de Pepe...precious, so fun to talk to. It is a boutique hotel so it is smaller than the Marriott a few doors down, however...my husband and I wanted a quiet adult type setting with beach time and amazing food & service and a beautiful beach. This met that for us. There is a little bar area/lunch cove area on the pathway to the beach. We loved it. It's like a little bungalow quiet secret. There are waterfall sounds from the neighboring property as you sit as your table and eat. Beautiful landscape for privacy as you eat. I had a chicken caesar salad and my husband had mahi mahi and fried cocoanut shrimp. Yum. The Sale de Pepe restaurant is in a word, fantastic. Upscale and eating on the terrace at sunset overlooking the ocean...a must for adults. We were probably some of the youngest people there. I am 42 yrs. Old and my husband is 40, and lots of 50plus there. Only saw one family at dinner with children. the food is not kid friendly food. So. heads up, and pricey, but worth every penny. The island shuts down at 10pm, so if you want nightlife, head to Naples. We rented a mustang convertible for the week, again a must if you come from cold climate like we did. Hotel is a little odd shaped but...we were on the beach whole time. And...as far as pool, it is tiny. Marriotts is beautiful down the street but lots of kids. We never sat at pool, only ocean. Waiters will bring drinks to you on beach and food to. Hope this helped. Its beautiful.
And thank you to the staff at this hotel, you made a wonderful atmosphere here for us to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank stephieroo
Thank you for your kind words about our staff members. Our staff thrives off of comments like these, and we are happy we made a lasting impression on you. Please come back and see us again soon, we look forward to your return.
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in my friend's wedding about a week ago at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. The rooms were great as they were all suites instead of normal hotel rooms--that makes a big difference when you have a lot of girls getting ready in the same rooms! We arrived early and our room wasn' t ready so they took my cell number and called me in less than hour so that I could come check in. The staff was very accommodating and the ceremony was absolutely beautiful! The reception was a great set up and everyone had so much fun. Nice work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RSN_DC
Thank you for your staying with us at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our services. Please come back and see us again soon.
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in my sister’s wedding at the MBOR on April 13th, and also stayed at MBOR for the week leading up to the wedding. The resort was beautiful, and very well kept. The entirety of the staff was very friendly, and accommodating.

Upon our check in, the bell staff delivered the wonderful gift baskets, carefully prepared by the bride and groom, with perfect accuracy to each of the wedding guests. Corrin, the wedding coordinator at the hotel, did an outstanding job keeping the whole wedding party informed, and making sure we were all exactly where we needed to be throughout the evening.

The seating set up for the actual ceremony was a circle, which was very unique and well thought out. It didn’t separate the families, as is traditional, but rather united us all in love around the beautiful couple. I applaud the person who came up with this seating arrangement for their ingenuity. The hotel staff was prepared with shade umbrellas for guests who requested them, my Grandfather being one of them.

Cocktail hour was outside, and with the beautiful sunset and the cool breeze coming off of the gulf, it was a perfect evening. The hors d' oeuvres were delicious, served beautifully, and they were plentiful. Dinner was divine perfection, and the wait staff was incredibly friendly. We were all having so much fun at the end of the evening, that the hotel allowed us to stay in the ballroom for an additional hour, without hesitation.

The entire week was delightful, and the wedding thoughtfully planned and executed. I want to express my most sincere thanks to MBOR, especially Corrin, as well as to the bride and groom, for making this special day so memorable for all who attended.

1 Thank Jaimie F
Jennifer N, Front Office Manager at Marco Beach Ocean Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Marco Beach Ocean Resort. Our staff is delighted to hear you enjoyed the wedding as well as your stay. We will look forward to your return.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding for our niece at the hotel. We arrived on Thursday and stayed for a week. The hotel was clean (big factor for me personally) and tastefully decorated with everything I could possibly want. The view was spectacular and the staff in all areas were very accommodating. We were travelling with my in-laws and my father in-law has m.s. All the staff was aware of all of our needs and made sure the wheelchairs, etc. were where they needed to be and at what time. They also allowed us to extend our stay because of our circumstances.

The wedding was also spectacular! I loved the setting on the beach, the casual atmosphere and of course our bride and groom looked beautiful and happy. The reception was amazing with plenty to drink, plenty of dancing and the food was the best ever. I don't think you could top what they did and provided for all of their guests.

I was thrilled to be there and can't wait to get back!

Dory & John Blakey
Chagrin Falls, Ohio

2 Thank Doreen B
Thank you for your recent visit to Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the wedding. We are happy to hear you would like to come and visit us again, we will look forward to welcoming you.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I truly mean it when we say that our wedding here was AMAZING. If you appreciate beautiful views of the Gulf, kind people, a beautiful sunset and genuinely good times, consider having your wedding here. The staff at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort treated our family and friends with constant smiles and exceptional service. A wedding isn’t about the hotel, the seating, the sun, or the semantics. That said, those things are important if you are looking for a place to have a wedding. Everything the MBOR staff did for us with regards to our wedding surpassed our expectations. They went above and beyond to not only be helpful, but to be genuinely pleasant and kind to us and our guests.

Countless people kept coming up to my husband and I the day after the wedding to rave about how great the food was and many told us it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. We care very much about what our guests’ experience would be so we were concerned about the food going into the wedding. When a kitchen has to prepare over 70 filet mignons at one time, we were worried that the filets may come out dry, or over cooked. THAT was NOT the case here. Every single person we asked during and after the wedding said their filet was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. As far as the hors d’oeuvres, they were delicious and after the wedding, our friends and family couldn’t stop raving about the beef wellington and mini-crab cones. We have many male friends with large appetites and they said they were almost full just from the tasty hors d’oeuvres at cocktail hour, so the staff had plenty in supply. When you pay for unlimited hors d’oeuvres, it’s nice to hear people had their fill and we “got what we paid for.” My husband and I were too busy taking photos to make it to cocktail hour, but the staff was nice enough to bring some leftovers to our dinner table. My husband complimented Page (I believe he is the F&B director-SUPER polite and helpful) on the beef wellington, so then, completely unsolicited, Page brought my husband another two-tiered tray of beef wellington. Gestures like that showed how much the people who helped with my wedding at this resort truly cared about our experience. Page went above and beyond the entire evening to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed.

The wedding staff here was very eager to please and incredibly helpful throughout my planning process. Corrin, the wedding coordinator is nothing short of amazing. I was overwhelmed at many points during our planning since I have a very busy career and live out of town, but she made things so easy for me. She helped me think about details of the day I hadn’t even considered yet, and I truly appreciated her taking the time to run through all of these items with me. It seems like I bugged her a million times, but she always answered me promptly and with a great attitude. The day of the wedding, she kept everything moving and paid attention to the tiniest details that I as the bride couldn’t dream to remember on my big day. She worked around our schedule for the rehearsal even though she had another wedding that night and I really appreciated that. As soon as my husband and I finished saying our vows, she greeted both of us at the edge of the beach with a glass of champagne. It was a lovely touch and exactly what I wanted at the time even though I didn’t even realize it until she handed it to me.

I directed the hotel wedding staff to set our chairs up in three concentric circles instead of the typical straight rows behind the bride and groom. I have never been to a wedding ceremony with straight rows where I could hear much of what was being said (unless you’re in the front couple of rows). I wanted my family and friends to literally surround us. I wanted them to be able to hear us and to have better views to see us which is why I chose the circle. It made for a very intimate setting and many of our guests complimented it. They thought it was a lovely change from the normal and that they could hear us clearly and were able to get great photos, so I highly recommend this seating for a beach wedding.

A beach ceremony in Florida during the spring or summer will most likely be hot, so I’m sure if I had asked for shade or cover for our guests, Corrin would have arranged something for us. However, we didn’t want to block people’s views or take away from the ambiance of a sunset ceremony. It’s a Florida beach after all, so people should be prepared that it may be warm just before sunset. We were very lucky that it cooled off substantially compared to the evening before, but just in case, we made our programs into fans to help keep our guests a bit cooler.
The valet were incredibly kind and helpful and we appreciated their efforts very much. They were always prompt and available. The beach servers were super friendly with wonderful attitudes. My husband and I specifically dealt with Dwight and he was always at our beck and call with a smile. The restaurant, Sale E Pepe is fantastic and the service was amazing, I would recommend the specials they offer—we had an excellent Osso Bucco. The front desk was incredibly helpful when my grandfather (who needed a wheelchair access room) wanted to stay an extra two days since he loved the resort so much. They rearranged the guests after him to accommodate his request and I greatly appreciated that. Additionally, my mother wasn’t feeling well the morning she was supposed to check out and the hotel graciously let her leave at 1:30pm.

My husband I both travel a lot for work and have stayed at many Ritz Carltons and other five-star resorts. For a smaller property on a tiny island in Southwest FL, this hotel’s service was stellar and we were nothing short of impressed. We highly recommend the Marco Beach Ocean Resort and are grateful for their contribution to our amazing wedding experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#13 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!