“Excellent Service in every Department”

Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service in every Department”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Fantastic service levels set this hotel apart. Every member of staff, from reception to the pool bar, went out of their way to be helpful.
Unusually laid out, with restaurant and bar set behind the hotel, but it creates a very relaxed dining atmosphere with lovely views over the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DaveManchester_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Second day in our stay and it's been GREAT. Service it's outstanding! Ask Paul at the beach bar good fellow. But anyone else it's good.
Peep e Sale has great food and the view for dinner it's amazing.
Definitely a place we will return to in our future travels to Marco Island

• Stayed September 2012
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

You know something is a little different when you pull your car in front of the hotel and 3 guys jump out to help you before the car stops rolling ! What a great first impression ! From checking in to the room, bellhops, poolside bar, beach side bar, all the staff went above and beyond !

Robert Keane the office manager really stood out as someone who looked after you personally. He helped me out with a few things on Marco and was really Excellent !

I stayed on the south side of the hotel which has nicer view of the beach in my opinion. Had a bit of RnR time at the pool and beach. Everythng was very clean and the staff was very attentive !

I had a nice breakfast at Sale'e Pepe with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. It was really good and what a view !

I hope to be back to Marco Ocean Beach Resort soon !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel have a better view of the beach and ocean !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This has to be the most peaceful & relaxing vacation we have had! The staff, room, beach, grounds...all amaxing. Ralaxing by the pool or beach, enjoying our afternoon smoothie! Walking the beach, collecting shells. Beautiful sunsets...ahhhh, breathe deep. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynnie M
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

For our 2nd wedding anniversary my wife and I chose the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. A great choice! We are always on the lookout for a getaway close to home but just far enough away. You can always tell a great hotel by it's staff. A happy attentive staff will always lead to a good experience. From the initial experience of the Bell staff to the front desk to Paul at the poolside grill, we were very impressed. The grounds were very well maintained and the rooms were polished. As a comparison, we walked down to the Marriott to see what more money would offer and the feeling was a "time warp". It was like walking into a 1970's airport terminal. The Marco Beach is not only the best of the best on Marco but a great bang for the buck! We will return!

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors and if you can specify, any rooms ending in 06 or 07 as they are in the mi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rupert4500
Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just returned from this resort, it is a great trip to take for couples. The service and staff are friendly, personable and most accommodating. The grounds are beautiful, and there are so many little things that the staff does to remind you that you are in a beautiful resort and they want you to feel welcome. Not a great deal to do on the grounds - pool, restaurants, beach, bar - but if you're a couple, you may love that. The beach was fantastic - the sand is like powder and is very flat and packed in; you don't feel like your treading to get through it. I loved that. I was able to walk the entire area in my flip flops and sand didn't kick up everywhere -- just to give you a visual. Beach chairs are well kept, staff is friendly and walk you over with towels. My only warning is the birds - they are just waiting for you to order some food, and I heard they can get aggressive! So I passed ;)
For the room - I am going to say beforehand that I know that I am very fussy - the room was just not as much as I expected for a 4-Diamond, and for the price. It wasn't by any means bad at all, just not fantastic. We had a full ocean view (10th floor) and the view itself was amazing, nice furnishings, just a bit small. I loved that we had a full kitchen - stove, oven, etc.; I didn't love that we had to walk through it to get in the suite. I loved the size of the bathroom, separate shower and tub, double sinks; I didn't love that the floor tile was freezing when I woke up in the middle of the night, something I haven't felt in a hotel in a long time. Nothing spectacular about the bedroom - the bed is too hard and it doesn't have access to the balcony to enjoy the view. Once again, I know I'm fussy, I just think that for the prices of this hotel, the rooms could have been a little more. But the staff, the beach, the view and the overall experience made up for it plenty. I knew all the staff by name, from the cleaning staff, to the bartender, to the lady from in room dining. They care if you have a good time, and it shows. I read one of the reviews that said they were rude, I can't even imagine from the people we encountered.
Sale Pepe (Italian) was magnificent, from the wine to the homemade pasta, huge shrimp and well-made desserts. Would highly recommend, just wish they had a bit more choices. In-room breakfast was good and very affordable.
Overall a great experience and I would recommend, just can't give it 5 stars because of the few shortcomings of the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Camille0911
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was here for a friend's wedding from September 5-9. From the moment I arrived, I knew I would enjoy my time here just from the service from the valets. They were very curteous and helpful! The rooms were absolutely fantastic, and big! The pool and the beach were very clean and the employees made sure you had everything you needed. The Pool Bar had excellent food and excellent drinks! Paul, the excellent bartender at the Pool Bar, made the experience that much better! I would recommend this resort to everyone looking to get away for a few days!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#13 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Beach Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!