“Among the best I've ever chartered”

Unreel Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offshore and backwater sport fishing in the Gulf of Mexico with Unreel Charters. Located on Marco Island, we offer 3 hr, 1/2, 3/4, & full day offshore fishing trips aboard a fast, comfortable 29' Hydra-Sport with twin 275 hp Mercury Verado engines to get you there fast The boat is fully equipped to take advantage of all the great fish catching opportunities this area has to offer (including a head, all safety gear & emergency locator device). All backcountry fishing, wildlife, dolphin and eco tours are done aboard our custom 23' Tremblay. A boat specifically designed for stability and a very shallow draft of 8". This enables us to reach more remote areas. Expect to see dolphins, manatees, ospreys, egrets, herons and many others. All you need to bring is food and drink. We welcome families and fisher persons of all ages and experience levels. Offshore species include grouper, snapper, king and spanish mackerel, cobia, goliath grouper, permit, tarpon, sharks and many others Backwater species include snook, tarpon, redfish, sea trout, pompano, snapper, sheepshead, jack crevalle, sharks and others Wildlife tours species include dolphins, manatees, ibis, roseate spoonbills, snowy egrets, blue and green herons, white pelicans, kingfishers, anhingas and ospreys. Just want to ride to a private beach and/or watch the sunset, we can handle that too. Please feel free to call or email with any questions. We can customize any trip to suit your needs Thank you, Capt. Joe Cacaro
ND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Among the best I've ever chartered”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Took a 3/4 trip with Capt. Joe in February. I've taken many charters from the Keys to the Atlantic Coast and Mexico to Alaska - this was by far the most enjoyable trip I have ever taken! His boat is extremely comfortable - there were five of us along with the Capt. We were on fish in no time - lots of 'em. And even landed a huge one. He is very knowledgeable, has great gear, and works to keep you on the fish. He's also a pleasure to visit with. I hope to make another trip to Marco Island some day to fish with him again. I can say, without a doubt, that you will not be disappointed by chartering with him!!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank NodakNd

New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“top-notch "once in a lifetime" fishing excursion”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

fished with Capt. Joe Cacaro on unreel charters.....had an unbelievable time......really good boat and equipment and a capt. that really knows where the fish are. we started our day bottom fishing some of capt joes secret wrecks where we caught lots of red and gag grouper. At times we tusseled with their big brother the goliath grouper as well, but had no luck landing one (they were in the 2-400lb class) as they gave us all we could handle and more. later in the day I mentioned to Capt. Joe that i was intersted in catching a Permit, which I have tried to catch in the past, but never had any luck.....he drove us out to another one of his awesome spots and put me on, not one, but two fish that bent the rod in a big way....the first was a Permit that was about 15lbs, the second was a hog that weighed 36lbs.....it was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget...1st class all the way

Visited June 2011
4 Thank David F
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fishing trip!”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had a memorable trip - we caught MANY fish and the biggest fish any of us have ever seen outside an aquarium. Joe was an excellent guide and support - and gave us the best customer experience. We were actively fishing and laughing all day. We will return!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Shelly A
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Nothing like fishing with Captain Joe”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My family goes down to Marco 4 times a year and we always go fishing at least once that week were down. Last year during the summer we went 2 times in a week. Each day we went shark and tarpon fishing. We caught 15 sharks the first day and hooked 1 tarpon however we had about 3 tarpon run offs. The next day we caught 9 sharks. Nothing like i've ever done before, Capt. Joe works really hard and great guy to talk to while going out the an epic spot to catch some fish. We have been with him for 2 years now. Every time we go out, we always have a good day of fishing. Last time we went was this thanksgiving about 2 and a half weeks ago. It was very rough and we were planning on going deep sea fishing. Though we got half way out and it was getting very rough Capt. Joe said he would run us out there to catch some fish, we said we're alright and only want to go this far. So, even on a very windy day he knew right where to go and we caught a big kobia and macreal which Capt. Joe fillet for us for part of our thanksgiving dinner. My Family lives in Marco and i have been down atleast 4 times every year for my life now, when you go fishing in Marco choose Captain Joe because, Nothing like a day of fishing with Capt. Joe.

Visited November 2011
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was my wife and I's first trip to Marco Island. She really wanted to go charter fishing. I did some searching and decided to go with Unreel because of the reviews and I am glad we did. We were out hitting fish within 5 minutes of leaving the dock. We stayed out past the end of our trip because the fishing was so good. Joe was a ton of fun and great to talk to. We learned a lot about the area and the fish we were catching. He even managed to get us a shark before the trip was over. Anyone looking for a great day on the water can't go wrong with Unreel!