“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!”

Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent 6 nights on Marco Island recently. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was very reasonably priced. Very Clean and beautiful in the rooms. We had great weather. Food on the island was great and I loved Bistro Soleil. Hotel was near cute shops and bar, which we loved. Our room had a small kitchen that we did not use but seemed very nice. The breakfast place, Petit Soleil was wonderful and they had yummy waffles!!! We spent much time by the lovely shaded pool! Great Price, great vacation!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly F
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for the "Excellent, Excellent, Excellent" review of our hotel! We are so pleased that you found all aspects of the property to your liking and took the time to share such wonderful comments!
We'll look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent two nights on Marco Island. This hotel was one of the most reasonably priced. It was clean and spacious. We would definitely stay there again. Wish they would accept dogs, but Marco is a very dog unfriendly place if you're vacationing. The restaurant does not serve breakfast, but each suite has a kitchenette in it.

Room Tip: Try for a water facing suite on the west side. Otherwise all locations are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl B
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased to read you found our accommodations clean and spacious. I'm sorry we do not allow pets as each suite is privately owned and therefore we cannot accommodate pets. During your next visit, stop by the Petit Soleil restaurant adjacent to the hotel that serves both breakfast and lunch; a short walk from your suite!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Upon arrival at 2:00 p. m., greeting was cold and we were told our room would not be ready for another hour. It was actually after four until our room was ready. I told the desk person I was concerned about refrigeration for my husband's insulin and all I got was a blank stare. Even the smallest of chain hotels have offered to help with refrigeration. We were meeting cousins for a little reunion so the two bedroom suite was great. The suite was clean, comfortable and well-appointed, actually quite lovely. The location, nex to shops, bars, etc was wonderful. The desk person was very busy, but some guests appeared more equal than others and were given information and a warm reception. All four of us found this rather puzzling, as we were very polite. If you're in the hospitality industry and other guests are nearby, you need to offer everyone the same hospitality. Other employees also flitted by without acknowledging us, although there was a feeling that the place was very under-employed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank EdithR514
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your response regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you found the accommodations clean and comfortable. However, I was disappointed to read that the service levels you encountered were not up to our standards. Rest assured, I will discuss your concerns with our staff to insure we will continue to provide consistent, friendly service to all of our guests.
I truly hope you enjoyed your stay and choose to return to The Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the suite, the view , and the location. The service needs some help. On the first full day, I called the front desk for towels and was told I needed to find the maid in my building and ask for towels. I did so, as did many others. The maids do not speak a word of English, and were surrounded by vacationers who believed they could yell at these poor women enough to make them speak English. The third day, we went to the restaurant for the happy hour advertised in the elevators. We were told there was no such thing and that they were having a private party. We were ushered out of the restaurant like common criminals and the front desk had no idea what was going on. They gave their rehearsed answer of, 'not my problem'. Love the place. They really need new staff, then I would return for an extended stay.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank brwb

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the accommodations a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to read that the service levels from our staff were not up to our standards. As you know, without receiving a high level of service throughout your stay can lead to an overall disappointing stay.
I will discuss your comments with our staff and with our partners in restaurant as well.
I truly hope you will return for an extended stay in the future and allow us to provide you the level of service to which we are both accustomed.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, specifically unit 405. The accommodations were clean and roomy for our family of 4. Our girls loved having their own queen size bed and not having to sleep with one another! :) The lanai was a great place to eat and take in the view. We all enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The heated pool was great! It was a relaxing and quiet place. There was never more than a few people by the pool. It made you feel like the pool was yours! We liked that the hotel was on the quiet end of town which made it even better! Marco Island was beautiful and a place I would love to vacation @ again. Hopefully, see you next yr. I will recommend the Inn to friends & family!

Room Tip: We stayed in 405. It was well maintained and perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula C

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your relaxing stay with us! It is always a pleasure to read that our Inn has exceeded the expectations of our guests.

I certainly hope to see you again in the future and thank you for recommending our resort to your family and friends!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Marco Island. I made a reservation to stay at the Olde Marco Island Inn six months ago, mainly based on price. We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious, clean attractive accommodations and friendly staff. Located in the historic Marco Island district, all rooms have a view of the blue waters in the near distance. Local businesses are within walking distance, including the popular Snooks Inn, a great spot for happy hour, fresh seafood, and sunsets. You can rent a bike for $10 for the whole day from the Inn, and Marco island is terrific for biking with large sidewalks and flat roads--Tigertail Beach is about a 15 minute bike ride from the inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hat465

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at The Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites!
I'm glad to read you were surprised with the accommodations and found our location made it easy for your to explore our beautiful island!
Our friendly staff looks forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Marco Island!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a most wonderful time on Marco Island, FL. We had a large 2 bedroom suite with a king size bed, a comfortable well furnished lanai, well-stocked kitchen and a palm lined street view. I can recommend this secret to both newly weds as well as those married for more than 40 years like myself and my wife. I departed the Inn with the thought, again next year but longer.

Room Tip: Request a suite on Palm Street on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travers E
Dan S, Director of Sales at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your experience at the Olde Marco Island Inn & Suites. We couldn't agree with you more. Newlyweds new and experienced will enjoy their time here on Marco Island. Hurry back soon for a longer stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!