Marco Island is a quietly booming vacation area that is totally different than the Central Florida (Orlando) and Eastern Florida (Miami, Jacksonville, Daytona) areas that we have visited before. The Southern Gulf Coast has soft waves to soak in and Sand Bars to picnic on - and to snorkel and collect shells. The Marriott is redone and seems brand new. It has great pools (too bad no diving boards or life guards) and an amazing beach (again, no life guards). The rooms are clean, dry, perfectly A/Ceed, but they are a bit on the small size (a family of 4 will feel squeezed). There are "Gulf View Rooms" that have great views and others that have fair views so I'm not sure it was worth the extra $. Forget the restaurants at the hotel (other than the poolside ones, like Quinns) and instead go down the block to the Restuarant Plaza that includes Konrads (the best Prime Rib in the USA), Irish Pub, Captain Brians, Sushi, Rookies Sports Bar and Giavonnis. These restaurants are all great - and fairly reasonable. The Marriott Concierges are great! They set us up with an independent charter, Captain Corey and his catamarran. We had hours of dolphins, manitees, shelling, snokeling and swimming for a fraction of what the Marriott boating charges. We also did Marriott Parasailing and Waverunners which were incredible (but very expensive). The Marriott is very fair in that you can spend as little, or as much as you want - there are no surprises. Forget the Bahamas, you have to try Marco Island, and the Marriott is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our Marco Island, Florida hotel offering newly renovated guest rooms and suites that pay homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provide leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida