“My Favorite Hotel in Florida”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Akron, Ohio
“My Favorite Hotel in Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have traveled to this hotel both for leisure and business, but in this instance I was at the Marriott for a conference. This is an absolutely lovely hotel! I recommend it highly. The staff is fantastic and almost every room in the hotel has an excellent view of the beach and sunset. (Just specify that you want to be the fourth floor or above and you should be able to see something . . .) Even if its only a partial view, the rest of the view is the excellent landscaping and pools. The rooms are large and laid out nicely. The spa is great too. Sure, its expensive - its a resort. ( I got a "bamboo massage" - very nice. )

The only issue I have is that I have never been a fan of the food at Quinn's - too expensive for the type of food there and not enough waitresses for the crowds that like to eat there because it is right on the beach. I preferred the food at Tropiks. Also, the waitresses at Tropiks were excellent, friendly, and there was good french onion soup and the largest shrimp ever in the shrimp cocktail. Off property - on the road leading to it - there is an Italian Restaurant called Joey's that is good (not great, but certainly good) and more reasonably priced.

Wonderful shells at the beach and dolphins were swimming nearby, not to mention I love watching the birds along the beach. I CANNOT recommend this hotel enough. It is my favorite of all the hotels in Florida that I have stayed at. I cannot wait to return and hope the conference is here every year. :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Occoquan, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I cannot say enough about the SPA services at this Marriott. I am in Marco Island a few times a year visiting family. This year I decided to stay for a few nights at the Marriott and enjoy the SPA services. Excellent. The fitness/gym area is typical for a hotel but was modern, had lots of good equipment and was well staffed. The SPA itself was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Marriott Marco Island is a great place to vacation with children! There are several pools, a playground, game room, beach views from every room, many restaurants to choose from and several within walking distance. On Friday and Saturday, there were even Nickelodeon characters, and some free kids events on the beach. My children loved the pool and the beach. We even went parasailing for the first time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kgator6
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I used to points to stay at the Marco Island Marriott for 4 nights in July 2010. We arrived and received a room in the Island Tower overlooking the pool and ocean. It was a gorgeous property that would suit tons of interests, be it couples, singles, families, etc. We spent a lot of time on both the beach and the pool and ate at Quinn's, which was better than most on-property eateries. We especially enjoyed the free chairs on the beach and took advantage of an umbrella one day. The part of the beach that the Marriott sits on is gorgeous and way larger than expected (we typically goto FL panhandle beaches, which are way smaller). Rooms were nice and large and consistent with the nicer Marriott properties I've stayed at before. Service was excellent throughout, from valet to room service to front desk to restaurant staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We have been going to the Marco Island Marriott about twice a year for a while now. This is a very nice hotel, the beach is great at Marco, and the pools the resort are wonderful. It a very relaxing place to just hang out and have a good time. Crescent Beach at Marco is one of the best beaches in the country. Soft white sand, calm waters, lots of shelling and interesting sea life. We had a dolphin swimming about 25 feet away from us in the ocean today. There are two pools - the Tiki pool is great for small kids, with a water slide and water fall. Quinn's pool is more relaxing and a great place to hang out. There are several restaurants on sight so you never have to leave if you don't want too....however watch out because you can drop a lot of money at the restaurants and bars at the hotel. You pay a premium for having everything right there. I would recommend this hotel for families or anyone that wants to relax. One word of warning - if you are looking for an adult oriented experience this might not be your place. Because of the great resort there are a lot of families.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank caryon1
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

Wow, it had only been two years since I last vacationed at this extraordinary resort. Ooops, I mean attend a conference :-}. This was my fifth trip to Marco Island and I have stayed here each time. This stay ranked at the very top. The renovations were finally complete and there was so many people there for the 4th of July weekend that you could hardly seen the water in the pools, yes there are two pools (one just for kids which I really liked). If you have kids, this is the resort to take them. The renovations included an entire section of the hotel and outside just for kids. Upon check-in you are presented with a calendar of events for the week for the kids...okay there are few things for us "old" people too :-}. The weather was a drag - you know it's easy to tell the time of day just by when the rain comes. It always seemed to come between 3-4pm. A couple of days we did get a good down pour, but the moment it stopped, people flooded the beach area and pools. I will say that this resort has to have some of the best trained restaurant staff and room service staff in the business. Never a "NO" just let me see what I can do...who wouldn't like that. Oh yeah, there is a sushi bar across from the front desk. Did I mention it is absolutely excellent sushi and the sushi chefs were very accommodating. I don't eat very much white rice, so he used a tofu wrap and it was delicious. The rooms were extremely well kept and the housekeeping staff took great pride in making sure everything was in it's place. Oh yeah, watch out for the mini-bar it has sensors so they know when you move something whether you eat/drink it or not. And you get charged immediately. The parking - well let's say I've always had an issue with resorts who charge high dollar for their rooms and then expect you to pay for parking. Well, what can you do. Valet was $20 per day and self was $12. If you're disabled you get valet for $12 - just have your placard or plates and make sure you tell the front desk or you'll get over charged. This is by far one of the best resorts I enjoy vacationing in the US.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ask R
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

We checked in for what was going to be a week of VACATION, it turned out, you could not sit at the pool, beach or on your balcony without the fly's being all over you. I counted 35 in 1/2 hour. Too much for me, it was disgusting, the resort told us they were in a tropical location, and we would just have to deal with it. I think NOT.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples Bay Resort
#5 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,516 reviews
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!