“great for the whole family!”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 17, 2007

we went back three times and had a wonderful stay every time! the food is okay, but the beach is wonderful and the activites are endless!!!

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank standish91
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort

Reviewed March 15, 2007

The room was perfect. The service was excellent and the grounds are so beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cjjjbugs
Reviewed March 13, 2007

My wife and I always stay in Fort Lauderdale at our Marriott timeshares for two weeks, we decided to trade some points and go to Marco for first time. Wow great staff, excellent facility, best beach in Florida. I have been staying in
Marriotts for 28 years and this is one of their best. We loved it and will go back next year.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank nuttyIndianapolis
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I am just back today from a fabulous four-day weekend at the Marco Island Marriott Resort. This hotel has great amenities that include three outdoor heated pools and a spa, ping pong tables, three restaurants and a beautiful beach.

The beach is clearly the best asset of this property. It's white sand that is never hot to the touch and beautiful shells (a shell collector's dream).

The rooms are big and almost all have some view of the Gulf of Mexico. The staff were friendly, and it was a family-friendly hotel (I was there with my wife and two children, one of which is autistic).

As mentioned in other reviews, everything is expensive. I just didn't see that as a big issue - it's a bit expected when one is on vacation. The drinks are $10 each but they are well proportioned and they will bring them to you while you sit on the beach.

There are just a few negatives. First, parking (across the street) is $10/day, which seems a tad bit excessive. The walk is uphill - which I didn't mind since I could use the exercise, but I could see how others might find it annoying.

Don't bother to eat at the restaurants at the hotel. The food is average and way overpriced. For breakfast, I went to NeNe's Kitchen, which is a few blocks away and had a wonderful breakfast each morning for the same price as it would cost for one person in my family at the Marriott.

If you do eat at the restaurants, and Tropiks specifically, don't get the buffet. It's slim pickings and it costs $21. There isn't even french fries for the kids. You're better off with the Grouper Sandwich, which was quite good and only cost $13.

Finally, there was indeed construction going on. However because I did a four-day weekend, and got in Friday afternoon, I only heard if Monday morning when I was checking out. I am guessing that if I had stayed during the week, it might have been an issue for me.

All in all, I gave the hotel four stars, with the only sleights being the restaurants and the parking fee. Everything else was fantastic, and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank theskaven
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Just returned from Marriot Marco Island and can't wait to go back.
The first time I went I stayed at the Hilton and the Marriot is a far better choice.

Let me start off by saying Marco Island is very expensive. If you're not looking to spend a lot of money on your room, meals, drinks and activities then don't come here.

Also, this is a very big resort, lots of people and lots of kids. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic getaway then you may want to find a more intimate hotel.

There is construction taking place inside and out but that didn't effect me or my stay.

This hotel has the perfect location. It's right on the beach. It offers activities such as parasailing, waverunner tours, there's volleyball right on the beach, also offers a seashell washing area to rinse your shells (there's a lot to find here). There's three pools, several restaurants/bars, little shops in the lobby, a business center etc... there's a lot of amenities.

My room was located in the north tower, a typical hotel room nothing spectacular. The decor was nice and it was all very clean. It had a nice balcony that overlooked the pool. The bathroom was very spacious. They supply shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc...

The only drawback was the sofa. It was faded and had a bleached out mark on the skirt. The sofa bed was NOT comfortable (could feel the springs) so we got a rollaway which was fine. The king bed was very comfy. Housekeeping came early each morning and then again for turndown service in the evening.

The prices for food and drinks are very overpriced. Expect to pay top dollar for everything. 1 Mudslide from the Tiki bar was $10.50. A child's hamburger was $7.95. Lunch @ Quinn's for 2 adults & 3 kids was $65 not including tip ( & no alcohol) a grilled cheese was close to $9. My husband golfed at Fiddler's Creek (offered at the hotel) it was $150 for the round. Pricing here is very similar to Bermuda.

We did the wave runner tour. I thought that was really not worth the money. We followed our guide out to the 10,000 islands and learned a little bit about them. We didn't see any wildlife. If you like to jetski you might want to just rent one and go explore on your own or even better rent a small boat for the day and head over to shell island. There's more seashells there than anywhere!

We chartered a boat for fishing from Double R's satisfaction guaranteed (Isles of Capri). We opted for the backwater fishing for 1/2 a day. We paid $350 + a $60 tip for 4 hours. It was awesome! Ask for Sean if you go there he was terrific. Very knowledgable, helpful and patient. Didn't bother him one bit to rebait our hook about a hundred times. We caught at least 10 different kinds of fish! The restaurant where the boat is docked will even cook your catch if you decide to keep some.

Overall our trip to Marco was superb! The weather was great, the location was great, There's a lot of restaurants off the hotel property The hotel was great! Can't wait to go back & will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2007
8  Thank steemer1
Reviewed February 22, 2007

We went to Marco Island for a long weekend in the fall. We were a little apprehensive going to the hotel while it was undergoing renovations, however it turned out fine. We were pretty impressed with the hotel. We thought the room was spacious and very clean. The pool was nice. The staff was very helpful, especially the valet. and front desk staff. We were disappointed with the food though. The breakfast buffet was a waste of money. The beach was quiet at the time as it was the end of hurricane season. I would recommend going here for a long weekend. The area near the hotel is rather quiet. However within a 20 minute ride you can be in Naples. Main street in Naples is great. Lots of great restaurants there.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Thezooathome
Reviewed February 20, 2007

This is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed! My father has worked for the airlines my entire life & I have seen & heard of many wonderful places to travel, but coming from first hand knowledge this is like "Heaven on Earth"!! Marco's Island is not for the person wanting a trip filled with nightlife, or a hectic schedule, but a relaxing, first class vacation where you can really breathe....The Marriott went out of their way to make our stay extremely comfortable & how could you not be comfortable in such a beautiful place as Marco's Island. We mainly stayed at the hotel & ate there. But one day we did call a taxi & went to the Snook Inn for a late lunch. Upon our arrival we were able to see Dolphins swimming along the inlet by the outdoor seating at the restaurant. The "Margaritaville" style outside patio had some wonderful tropical birds that entertained us & even sat on our shoulders! The food was magnificent & it was truly a meal to remember. The evening sunsets at the beach at the Marriott were beautiful & memorable for a lifetime. In the morning we would get up early & walk along the coastline finding seastars, little clams finding their way up through the sand, & watching the dolphins swimming in the waves nearby. I wouldn't ever hesitate to take this trip again. If you are looking for tranquility & relaxation this is the place for you. If you need more of a nightlife & action stay on the Eastside in Miami.

Stayed: February 2007
North Naples
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!