“In the vicinity of paradise”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 20, 2006

The Marriott Marco Island has gone through many changes over the years as evidenced by its ever increasing size. The hotel is nice but not great. Guest rooms are comfortable but not spotless. Housekeeping seems to have tunnel vision--overlooking spots on walls, scuff marks on doors/door frames, and holes in shower curtains.

Major condo construction to north of hotel property. Extensive road construction on Collier lasting through April 2006. It seems all guest rooms are having new windows (white frames) and white balcony railings installed. North Tower appears to be complete. Opt to stay in South Tower as it is closer to everything.

Skip dining at Kurrents (tries to be some kind of upscale dining but fails). Pass on the spa--treatments are overpriced, gratuities are automatically added, and services are not up to par.

• Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank Snappyinchi

A TripAdvisor Member
St Petersburg FL
Reviewed January 3, 2006

I stayed in the hotel last week of December 05 - The staff are friendly. The Hotel itself is OK at best, it is NOT a luxury property by any stretch. However I would just like to inform people that the hotel is situated next to an active construction site (condos) and the hotel itself is undergoing hurricane repairs. Do not stay in the North tower if you can help it - the jackhammer noise makes it impossible to be in your room during the day - forget about the balcony.

• Stayed: December 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2005

Stay dates: Oct 30 thru Nov 4, 2005
Our stay was just after hurricane Wilma. The weather was great and the shelling even better. I recommend the sailing & shelling cruise booked thru the Marriott. Captain Craig was great!
The stay was relaxing and we enjoyed dinning on the beach restaurant Quinn’s twice. We asked for something of a variation on the menu and they checked if the chef would do it. Yes they created coconut chicken tender strips for us. Everyone here was friendly and the service was great. I do not think that we passed anyone who worked for the resort who did not say hi or ask how we were enjoying our stay. I mean everyone. We stayed on the 10th floor in the South tower. The hotel was not overly fancy or stuffy which we liked. I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
12  Thank mannapro
Reviewed November 3, 2005

Marco Island Marriot Resort & Spa is my favorite weekend get-away! My husband and I have gone alone, and we've also gone with our children. It's a great place for couples & families to go and relax. The waterfall pool is beautiful and the beach is amazing! The staff are very friendly, and the spa is wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2005
12  Thank alvarezbla
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Stayed here in Sept. for the World Tennis Conference with our 2 kids ages 5 and 9. Very quiet even with the conference. This resort is beautiful. Everyone is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are big and the fridge was nice. We ate at Tropiks several times. They have an early bird until 6:00pm for $18.95. It includes their all you can eat salad and dessert bar. You get to choose from 3 different items. Food was very good, one choice was salmon and the fish I received was white. I told the waiter this wasn't salmon and he tried to tell me it was. Salmon is pink I told him. He asked the chef and they ran out of salmon so served me sea bass instead. I would have liked to been told this before since I don't like sea bass much. They just apologized but never offered me something different. This was the only negative experience there. Did have a whole lobster for $22.95. They only have a few so you have to get there early.
The beach is beautiful. The tiki guys bring you chairs and towels. Tip them, they deserve it. Housekeeping was ok. Had dirty hand prints all over our balcony doors for 3 days. Finally after calling 3 times and talking to manager did someone come and clean it. Also, didn't mop bathroom floor everyday which was always covered with sand. Fidalgo nice place for a quick b'fast pastry. Their fruit cup is huge and very cheap. Scoozies nice for a quick sandwhich and milk shake or ice cream, there is a subway down the road for a lot less. All drinks and beer are expensive. Pack a cooler, buy drinks at Publix and take to pool and beach to save a lot of money. Soda's $2.50 a can, 5.75 for a cup of beer. Pools are great, slide closes at 5pm, a bit early I think. We would stay here again. Our kids loved it. The construction in front was a pain to detour around. Found a short cut on our last day!!!! Didn't get to do any shelling cruises because of hurricane Rita making waters to rough. Had awesome waves and found beautiful shells. Eat at Cafe De Marco, very quaint place on island with excellent service and food. The Fat Pelican (Irish Pub) very expensive, small portions and not very good food. Snook Inn--DON'T EAT THE ALL YOU CAN EAT SEAFOOD BUFFET. Awful!!!

• Stayed: September 2005
17  Thank mkv4ou
Reviewed October 25, 2005

My wife and I went to get some R & R, no kids. What a great place. If I had kids with, they would have loved the pool with the water slides and water falls. We enjoyed the other pool that was quieter. Gulf veiw room worth the expense, we had a corner room with both gulf and pool veiw. Room was clean and nice size. We were in the South tower, the North tower is being re done. My wife used the spa for a day, said it was well worth it. Food at their nice restaurant (starts with K) is awesome for at least one night, I'd venture out beyond that if you are looking for finer dining. Speaking of that, check out the Marco Polo. Fine dining, entertainment, great food, free taxi there and back, and they treat you like family. Don't miss the Lamb. We can't wait to go back to Marco Island and the Marriott , hope the Hurricane didn't hurt it too bad.

• Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank lcoldwater
Reviewed September 20, 2005

My husband and I just came back from a long weekend here.

Very nice property--2 great pools, the one designed for kids was cooler than the other which at this time of year is a good thing as the pool water can get very warm and after a long walk on the beach something refreshing is what my husband likes. Reiterating what others have written--this is slow season so nice and quiet.

Parking for a fee is ridiculous as almost no other properties in the SW Fla area charge for parking. We had friends come to visit with us for the day and they were charged $20 for the NON_VALET parking.

Great sunset views--we had a top floor corner room and the room was also wonderful.

Ate at Kurrents one night. They bent over backwards to accomodate my food allergies. Food was good but pricey.

Red tide came thur on Sept 13th, not sure if it is still there. Hopefully not, but that can last for short periods or many months. Beach was picked clean of dead fish every morning but by noon there were many fish floating in the water and again on the beach. Nice shelling prior to that

• Stayed: September 2005
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!