“fabulous resort, kid and adult friendly”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2005

We have been traveling to Marco Island for 25 years and have always loved the Marriott! We recently stayed there for 2 nights while visiting Naples, FL. We had already been to the resort prior so knew what to expect.

The grounds, landscaping, pools, tiki bar, rooms, and restaurants are all fabulous! We were upgraded to a partial ocean view room since we had silver elite status for marriott rewards. This was a nice bonus for us.

Quinns is perfect for a dinner at sunset! The views are absolutely spectacular! The main pool is gated to discourage non guests from using it. This is both good and bad, but definetely helped keep chairs available. The kids loved the pool and water falls.

The new spa is wonderful! Enjoyed a massage and then tea out on the rooftop balcony. Also has private pool and hot tub for spa guests with plush lounge chairs.

Only complaint was that they had kid's activities that I wasn't even aware of until the day we were leaving. Kid program is available for 4/5 and up. Would have liked to take advantage of if had been informed sooner. Also, had special activities daily (hairbraiding by pool) etc..

I would definetely recommend staying here. A bit pricey, but Marco Island is a true gem and worth the extra money. Visit in summer and avoid the crowds and high cost!

• Stayed: January 2005
16  Thank lexbethj
Write a ReviewReviews (3,958)

Reviewed April 10, 2005

We just got back from the Marco Island Marriott and had a great time. The hotel was pretty & I thought it was nice & close to a lot of restaurants & good shopping.

Restaurants: The Blue Fusion Restaurant is a must!!!! Margie the owner is a sweetie & the food is delicious! On Sunday they have a dinner show. We saw a Rod Stewart impersonator & he was wonderful!!!!!!!

Island Cafe-HORRIBLE!! We had a terrible experience there. The hotel sent us there & when we walked in, we thought the atmosphere was horrible, but decided to be nice & at least order some soup. Once we just ordered soup, the waiter was extremely rude to us. He ended up charging us $32.00 for two bowls of Lobster Bisque that had NO LOBSTER in it!

I thought the service at the hotel was good also. There was a waiter coming around the pool so you could order drinks. There were always plenty of towels on hand also. I noticed people put their towels on the chairs early in the morning so you shouldn't go down to the pool around 10 or so and expect to get a chair by the water.

Marriott Marco Island is a great place to go to relax & enjoy the beautiful beach, however like in previous reviews, there isn't a nightlife there. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: April 2005
17  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed March 16, 2005

My family and I have not been away on vacation in 5 years due to my health problems, I just got over a long battle with breast cancer. When I booked this hotel, I was promised that the extended checkout time at 4pm was fine. Our flight out of ft. myers is not until after 8pm. I asked them if there would be any extra charge and they said absolutely not. We are still here at the marriott and they just told me we have to be out at the regular checkout time. They told me that we would have to pay 70.00 extra to stay a few more hours. Then when we called them back they told us we couldnt even do that. We had plans to go on a wave runner excursion at 12pm and stay on the beach until 3pm after that then shower and go. This was a huge mistake coming here. Not only did they lie to us , but we just had room service and we took a bite of the calamari and got very sick. The food is horrible. Dont stay here it is awful, they are very unorganized and everything is much to expensive definately more like a 2 star at the most hotel stay.

Very dissapointed
from massachusetts

• Stayed: March 2005
16  Thank ladydi7
Reviewed March 16, 2005

Just returned from a 1 week stay at the Marriott on Marco Island. We stayed on the sixth floor of the North Tower wit a view of the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Our entire family had a wondeful time and truely enjoyed staying at this world class hotel. The hotel is very well cared for. Our older kids all loved the kids pool and especially the water slide. They also liked that there was a playground on the hotel property. The beach is very nice to walk with gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico and collect shells, but be sure to bring beach shoes. They have plenty of things to do on the beach including sailing, paddle boats, and jet skiing, all for an additional price though. We found the staff at the pool and on the beach to be attentive and helpful.

We found the food to be expensive, but very good. We did learn that kids under 3 eat for free at the restaurants at the hotel, which did save some money. Lunch at Quinns on the beach is very nice. We had dinner one night at the Snook Inn, but found the service and quality of the food to be very disappointing.

The concierge was very helpful in giving us ideas for the kids. They recommended Cocomos for diner for the kids, but fore warned us there was no view. We found the food here to be very good and reasonable priced. They also recommended going to the Naples Zoo (Caribbean Garden). The kids enjoyed this on one of the colder, windy days that was not a good beach day.

One thing to note, there is a new high rise being built next to the Marriott, but we did not find this to be a problem.

The hotel is beutiful with every aminity you would want. Everything is expensive, so be prepared, but it is worth the cost.

• Stayed: February 2005
15  Thank laidback
Reviewed March 14, 2005

This was the first time we had stayed on Marco Island and were told the Marriott was 1st class so decided to stay there.
The hotel is excellent as is the beach miles of very white sand with(but watch out for broken shells) sun beds,parasols/tiki huts which are available at a price of $25.00 per day for up to four people.
Pool has lots of sun beds and parasols with no charge.
Our room was on the 10th floor in the North Tower, large room very clean(houskeeping twice daily) we had excellent views of the pool and Gulf, only snag we were right next to the lift, I asked to be moved but was told they had no rooms availible neither could we upgrade as all rooms are the same you only pay extra for the views?
Hotel is very popular for private business functions so rooms are always at a premium.
Food was very good from the beach bar,but not so good from the buffett dining room.
Most nights there is some sort of entertainment availible
Over-all our stay was good,all staff are friendly and very helpful especially John from the lobby bar who is a mind of information.

• Stayed: March 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I have been going to marriott marco island for the last 3 years. If you want to go some place to relax have a good time and nice beach this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2004
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed February 26, 2005

Hi my name is Christie and I just got back from the Marriott in Marco Island. I stayed for 7 days with my family of five. My husband and three kids, 12 and under. We had the best vacation experience! Everyone was satisfied at all times which made the trip very relaxing for my husband and I.

I must say that I disagree with a lot of these comments that are saying that the service wasn’t acceptable. To me, the service was fabulous and couldn’t have been better. They replied to every one of my questions with exactly what I wanted to hear. The concierge was very helpful too.

The pools were great! They were always kept clean and looked beautiful.

Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your stay at the Marco Island Marriott. BRING WATER SHOES! It will be very hard to walk on the beach with all of the broken shells without water shoes. In fact, I went down there with out them and ended up having to go to a near by store to buy a pair. Another tip is, you need to get to the pools early in order to get a chaise lounge. You can also get a tiki hut, but you have to pay for that.

If you are thinking about visiting this resort, you may want to consider the prices. If you are worrying about your budget at the time then this would definitely not be the place to go.

During your stay you might want to try Quinn’s. It is a great family place with great dinner food.

My family and I loved this resort and would take any chance we get to visit again. It is perfect for all ages. We didn’t want to leave!

If you have ANY questions e-mail me at ladyebug447@sbcglobal.net

Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!