“Can't wait to go back!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Pros:
Atmosphere, the rooms, the pools, the beach and the excursions.

Cons:
$10.95 for any cocktail? Please! Slow(ish) service poolside. Terrible prices, service and food in the restaurants, but go out - there are PLENTY of great places on the island. Surprise fee for parking (pretty steep).

Definitely will go back, armed with a little knowledge. Fantastic atmosphere, and is GREAT for kids!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My wife and I were there for 6 nights from May 9 -15 the weather was wonderful. We had a high floor gulf view which I recommend if for nothing else the sunsets which are spectacular! The staff is attentive and the rooms are clean. The only downside is the cost not of the room but they charge for everything, Parking $12.00, Umbrella and chairs $20.00 per day Internet $13.00 per day etc. so as you can see you can spend $50.00 a day on things that are usually free or cheap. I guess I am spoiled by all inclusive. Would I go back? Absolutely! So if you don’t mind the additional costs involved go for it.

1 Thank macster432016
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We have been visiting Marco Island for over a dozen years. We have stayed at the Radisson ( no longer there) the Hilton and most recently rented a condo for a week each summer.

We always eat at the Tropiks buffet in the Marriott.

I was speaking at a conference this past weekend and was THRILLED that it was held at the Marriott. My teen age daughter went with me. We did not experience any trouble with an overflow business crowd. I went to the pool and meals with her and we did not see anyone we knew. Just families and couples.

There is a business wing and most likely, a large portion of their revenue is devoted to meetings but I did not find it conflicting with the other resort guests.

The rooms were WONDERFUL . The service impeccable.

The breakfast buffet was the BEST we have ever had. Our waitress has been there 30 years and was from NYC. She told us that she came on her honeymoon and they moved down, shortly afterwards. Her husband is a barber. She was so sweet and friendly.

The dinner seafood buffet was not as good as it has been in the past...we were a bit disappointed in the limited selection....6 hot dishes ( 4 actually seafood). However, the desserts were exquisite. ...a dessert buffet!

All in all it is a wonderful place!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I just returned from this resort. While it is beautiful and scenic, the hotel is overrun with meeting attendees constantly who are everywhere! They have breakfast by the pool and lunch on the beach. The meeting attendees run around the pool and talk business or are constantly on their cell phones and Blackberry's so it is not a relaxing place to vacation at all. Additionally, the other guests were lots of families so there are kids everywhere. If you want peace and quiet, go somewhere else! Also, don't get why you have to pay $975 for a room and then are charged $12 for daily internet access, $30 for a beach hut, etc. The spa staff also insisted we pay for the treatment BEFORE we received it and included a tip in the fee.

Overall, the hotel was very nice although the rooms were cleaned late and the floors were dirty. The food at Quinn's was very good and through room service. The Tropiks breakfast buffet was good.

1 Thank TravelingGal62
Lake Worth
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We have lived in Florida for 30 years and never knew about this hidden gem. The Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa is an oasis in paradise. This will be our new place to escape at least once a year. We loved the beach, pools, restaurants, fabulous room with the most comfortable king bed and view. We took the ocean kayak out and saw a dolphin. The sand is white and cool on your feet. Next year we will Parasail. The staff was wonderful and helpful. We had a memorable visit.

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I live in the Fort Lauderdale area, and sometimes my fiance and I like to get away from the city and relax. Marco Island Marriott has become our new favorite place to do this. The hotel is flat out amazing. It s only 2 hours away from where I live, but I felt like I was away from everything. The renovations they did are truly impresive. The entire feel of the hotel is relaxed and very clean. You can see the coast from almost every room of the hotel. I have been there twice and have always been treated like loyalty. There are tow pools; one for adults and one for kids. This allows you to enjoy a greaty time with the kids or time away from the kids. I work at a different hotel, of a different brand, and I will still always come to this Marriott because it makes me feel like I am truly on vacation. I recomend this hotel every chance I get and go every time I can afford to.

1 Thank ablanco07940
Trevose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Our first time to this part of Florida, and although Marco Island itself is nothing but condos and resort, this resort is very special. We like Marriotts anyway, but the resort is a stand out in many ways. We had a standard room overlooking the main pool and with a view of the beach, and it was gorgeous. The food at all the restaurants was outstanding, the service good (especially at Quinn's) and the beach access is perfect. Sunsets from there are outstanding! I had a massage at the spa which did not disappoint, and my husband golfed at their course The Rookery and totally enjoyed. The service at both of those places was great too. If you want to do something off resort, go up to Naples, Ft. Myers or Sanibel Island. Other than the resort itself, not much on Marco.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Marco Beach Vacation Suites
Marco Beach Vacation Suites
#11 of 12 in Marco Island
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!