We just spent a few days at the Marriott on Marco. Here are some comments:
Beautifully landscaped property - very pretty
Impressive lobby and common areas
Wonderful concierge staff - very helpful
Shops in hotel close too early. They should be open in the evenings when people are looking for something to do after dinner.
Room was pretty standard - nothing special for $700/night - not a great value at all...
No turn-down service - no robes - water pressure in the shower was a trickle
Comfortable beds and linens
Had to call housekeeping three times to clean the bathroom - upon arrival we found very dirty/hairy/disgusting baseboards, corner of wall and floor in bathroom...obviously had not been cleaned in some time.
Good and timely room service
We found the food to be very tasty, but very pricey - don't know what the other reviewer said about frozen grouper - mine was fresh and delicious.
Lots and lots of kids! So it's great if you have them, not so great if you don't.
Beach is beautiful, but be prepared to pay for umbrellas and don't forget to tip!
Food/beverage service at beach was almost non-exisistent. We rarely saw them.
Facilities for people checking out late are terrible. They really do not accomodate thier clients well at all in this area. I have stayed in many resorts that have a special room just for clients who are checking out late and need to shower and get ready. The Marriott offers two showers near the pool - they are not equipped with shampoo, conditioner or lotion, nor do they supply hair dryers. There really is nowhere to actually change, dry hair, put make-up on, etc. The shower room was wet, and hot! We had to ask the front desk to hunt down a hair dryer for us. Right after we showered, we went to a common restroom in the hotel to fininsh getting ready for our trip back. Very frustrating experience.
Overall - Marriott is a name you can pretty much count on. The resort is pretty, but pricey. A few improvements could make the stay much more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our Marco Island, Florida hotel offering newly renovated guest rooms and suites that pay homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provide leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida