We just returned from a five day stay with two teenagers. The resort is wonderful. The beach is huge, and we enjoyed drink/food service delivered to our chairs. The beach attendants deliver the chairs to the spot you pick on the beach. .We took long walks every day-great shelling. Had a nice dinner one night at Quinn's, which is great for watching the sunset. Cafe San Marco (like a Starbucks) located in the hotel is perfect for picking up coffee, pastries , fruit, etc. in the morning. We also went to the store the first day and stocked our fridge with oj , bottled waters, milk, etc. Had dinner one night in Naples (about a 30 min. drive) . Make sure you go to Stan's in Goodland if you are there on a Sunday afternoon (about a 15 min., drive from hotel). The food was actually good, and it is great for local people watching. The band was great also. Drove to the everglades one day and took the airboat ride with Speedy Johnson's. My two teens loved it. No, you don't see a whole lot of wildlife, but drive down the road to the state park area and you'll see lots of alligators, birds, etc. for free.
We used the fitness center several times. Pools got crowded, but we didn't mind since we prefer the beach(which is awesome). Our rooms were very clean. Hotel staff was excellent. We NEVER had any rude service. Quite the opposite, everyone bent over backwards to help us. Ok, yes, the resort is a bit on the pricey side, but what do you expect for high season on the beach in Marco Island at a full service resort? There are ways to cut costs as I mentioned above.
We have stayed at Marriotts in the US, Caymans, etc., and this is our favorite by far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida