This is a luxury resort. The property is well maintained with excellent facilities. There are two large pools, one more appealing to young children , and they are kept very well heated, important in the winter months.
Our room was in the Island Tower, formerly known as the South Tower, with a spledid view of Quinn's Pool and the South Beach. It was bright and well furnished,and from our spacious balcony we could see the sun rise, and see it set. We thought the small refrigerator, in addition to the mini-bar was a thoughtful and convenient addition.
We found the staff to be friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. When we encountered a problem with the air conditioning, it was dealt with promptly and we were assured that we should call again,whatever the time, if we had another problem as they ran a 24 hour service. The concierge service was amazing. These ladies seem to know everything there is to know about the isalnd and surrounding area.
As if by magic, the day after Thanksgiving, the hotel was transformed by the Christmas decorations. A huge tree appeared in the atrium lobby, and smaller versions all over the public areas. They were spectacular.
There are several restaurants on the property, ranging from the upscale Kurrents, which is about as formal as you get anywhere on the island, to v. casual Quinn's and Pazzi's. We ate twice at Kurrents, and were impressed by the ambiance, the food and the service. Our only disappointment was that Tropics, the family restaurant was only open for breakfasts.
Other reviewers have mentioned the prices. Yes, food and drinks are on the expensive side, but the facilities this resort offers are second to none, and they have to be paid for somehow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our Marco Island, Florida hotel offering newly renovated guest rooms and suites that pay homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provide leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida