“Beautiful Place, Even Better People”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful Place, Even Better People”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was expecting beautiful beaches and great weather, but what I wasn't expecting was the incredible service my husband and I received when we checked in after a long day of traveling. Claire at the front desk made our arrival so smooth and easy, she really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. She answered all of our questions and also told us about some great things to do during our trip. If we were ever going to return to Florida we would choose this hotel again mainly because of the impression we formed in the first few minutes there. Thanks for a great trip!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alexandra M
Sean J, Travel Brilliantly at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thanks for your great comments. Paradise should be pleasant from check-in to departure, this is why we have host like Claire at the front desk, to ensure things get off to a great start. We will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with Claire as well as the rest of our staff. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,019)
Boston
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My family and I had a great stay and the staff made it great. We travel a great deal and rarely have we had such strikingly great service. The hotel is beautiful, the beach is gorgeous, the Location is fantastic and the pools are great. It is hard to think of a better setting in south Florida for the kids and for us. We were considering the virgin islands, key Biscayne and Naples, but settled on the Marco Island Marriott. We were happy we did. The people at the hotel made our trip. I'm not sure I have had a better customer service feeling for a week...and my travels have included some of the finest hotels and resorts. Everyone from the desk staff to the maitre d's to the omelet-maker to the pool staff to the porters and valets was exceptionally nice and helpful. My first reaction was to think that they were exceptionally well trained- which I am guessing is true. However, you cannot fake the level of desire to be helpful and kind that they demonstrated. And we had a rough week unrelated to the hotel. Our son had a severe asthma attack and had to be rushed to the hospital- a scary event. The staff who knew about it asked days later how he was doing. And when one staff member learned that it was our twins' birthday, they sent up cookies. Small things that go a long way and there were many examples of small but courteous actions that made a difference. We will return.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience, we at the Marco island Marriott understand that the little things make a huge difference. We are happy that our staff was able to satisfy your needs while you were on property. Hosting brilliantly is in our blood and we take pride in doing it well. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return to paradise.
Baiting Hollow, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is right on the beach with powdery white sand. If you are looking for shells, there were none here. The room we booked was a standard 2 bed suite, and nothing special. I would like to complain about a pet peeve I have. Where you have a toilet, you should also have a sink, period. Imagine using to toilet, not washing your hands and opening the door. I have seen this on much higher end resorts, and for sanitary conditions this needs to be corrected (I'm at the St Regis Bal Harbour now and they got it right). There was also no safe in the room. The beds were soft and seemingly comfortable, but I suffered an achy back each night. Because of that I am glad I was staying only 2 nights. The pillows are terrible also. I am an elite member and internet fees are $10/24hrs but free in the lobby. The gym is free but the sauna/steam room is located in the spa at $35/day. I feel these services should be attached to the exercise areas. The hotel itself is nicely appointed and the food at Kurrents was Very good, along with the service that Rob provided was a memorable experience. The pools are a good experience for the kids with a water slide and fountains, even the bar food was good. Self parking is across the street @ $12 or Valet parking for $22 (I saw 1 valet tore out of the driveway) the reason I like to park myself. All in all a good place to stay and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback, we are happy to see you enjoyed our amenities including our fine dining at Kurrents. Our resort chefs are always pleased to hear how much our guest enjoy their cuisine. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in paradise.
NY
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I typically don't WOW over Florida in general, but this experience was PARADISE. We went for a friends wedding which was spectacular! The beaches are large, with white, powdery sand and the ocean turquoise clear blue. We rented scooters to explore the island and did a backwater fishing tour, which allowed us to see dolphins and the 10,000 islands. The accommodations were great and the Marriott property IMMACULATE. The staff was friendly and very attentive. I went to the spa and took a fitness class- both top class experiences. If there was one draw back, it would be the additional costs at the hotel-nothing is included. I paid extra for the fitness class and use of the spa pool and steam room. At checkout, we were charged extra taxes and fees that were about $30 a day. They charge extra for beach umbrellas, sun huts, cabana, use of water sport toys, etc. and DON’T touch the drinks in the fridge- extra! $15 hamburger for lunch, $17 omelet for breakfast- a few days of that (plus drinks!) really hurts the wallet. There are several restaurants about 10 minute walking distance that are pretty pricey as well. We’ve heard its called “mark up” island, so I guess expect to spend more than usual. All in all, costs aside, we were very happy with our stay, the hotel and the fantastic weather. The wedding we attended was just PERFECT.

Room Tip: the higher # rooms, the closer to the beach. the Islands Towers are more convenient to main lobby an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BedtimeBear
Thank you for your feedback, we have please to hear that our venue was "perfect" for your friend's wedding. We take pride in our services to ensure that all of our guest experience paradise to the fullest. Thank you for your comments and we hope to host you again in paradise.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I would highly recommend this resort on Marco Island. We visited on a business / paid trip, so I believe the rooms normally are a bit pricey but worth it.
The service is spectacular. The rooms are very spacious, and very clean. The beds are the most comfortable. The view was great. We were in the Island Tower with a pool view but you could see the ocean from this view as well. So beautiful to wake up to the ocean every morning.
Room service was yummy and the delivery staff was very kind and courteous.
Front desk staff was fabulous. We had an issue w valet, discussed this w the PM desk manager (I cannot find his business card), he resolved the issue, was very kind, understanding and was more than willing to accommodate our needs.
Pool staff were very kind and attentive.
Again, this hotel is the best.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Waking up to an ocean view is part of the reason so many people consider our resort paradise. We are happy you had a chance to take part in such an amazing experience. We take pride in hosting brilliantly, our front desk staff will be very pleased to hear the positive feedback you have given. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.
Milford, Michigan
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is by far my favorite family hotel in Florida.
Our Children range from high school to 1st grade and they are always kept busy!
We have not been since their recent renovations, but I can't imagine what they needed to improve. The only thing that stops me from giving it 5 stars is that I wish the standard rooms were a little larger. It perplexes me as to why Marriott's Court Yard rooms are larger then their full-service hotels? Anyway, if your looking for a South Florida destination for your family I recommend the Marriott Marco Island Resort…. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The lower level standard room seemed to be a bit larger.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sd092670
Sean J, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for honoring us with the title of "your favorite family hotel in Florida". Hearing comments likes this is the reason we strive for perfection. We are happy that your whole family enjoyed our amenities for the duration of your stay. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in paradise.
Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been going to this property for probably close to 15 years but had not been here for probably the last 5. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that things have only gotten better. I really liked it before, but wow...its even better!. All of the rooms have a balcony that is decent sized..we were on the 10th floor and had a view of the ocean, not a full view..but a view. The room was in Excellent condition...perfect. nicely decorated. A small fridge, small room safe in a drawer, nice size closet, great bed, nice towels. OK...I will make one slight comment...the shampoo and conditioner were of larger than average size (nice..) but the conditioner was not very good (really...that is all I can find to complain about!) Decent size flat screen, solid Wifi. Service..EVERYBODY at this property was friendly..did they call me by my last name?...No..Doesn't matter...they ALL get it. We were there for a small convention of a couple hundred people and had several large meals served, some inside and some outside...I go to a LOT of these events and the food served was the best I have ever had..nice job!!!! The lobby bar is very nice and has a small Sushi station setup that is marvelous. Twice we had a meal here and the food was delicious and priced moderately. The beach is the best around, great location. There is a large bar/dining area right on the beach that serves fantastic island drinks (although...very expensive)...I had to order 1 before we left..called a Miami Vice and it was really really good...just expensive. the beer was cold and they had a decent menu to order from. My wife went to the Spa for a facial and she commented that it was the best she had ever had. Spa is not inexpensive.....but I would say its priced similar to other Spas. Ok...parking can be a bit of a pain here...but given everything else...I am not complaining. They have a decent coffee shop on site which had a very nice selection of breakfast items in the morning..we had a yogurt parfait that was very good...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your great feedback. We like to compare our resort to a bottle of fine wine, it only gets better with time. Our chefs will be ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed the food. All of our chefs are very passionate about everything that is served from the smallest to the largest scale; they will be very appreciative when we share these comments with them. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to host you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!