“i will remember this one for a while for good and for bad”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 14, 2013

hotel: driving here, the sign for the hotel is very difficult to see. the sign is on a rock that is about waist high on the ground. very easy to miss. then you have to drive up a short circular driveway to get to the hotel. there is valet parking and self parking. self parking is $12 a night (I seem to recall). that said, next time, I will do valet. the self park is across the street. remember I said you have to drive UP a short circular driveway? well after you park across the street, you have to WALK up that same circular driveway. I am in pretty good shape so it wasn't a problem, just annoying walking down and up and up and down and down and up, well you get it. after checking in at the front desk, they will direct you to your room. there are two towers. mine was the paradise tower (I apologize if I get the name wrong) which is accessed by the set of elevator banks furthest from the lobby. is this an issue? yes if you want to use the health club gym because it can only be accessed by the bank of elevators closest to the lobby. if you want to use the spa, then stay at the further tower since the closer elevators don't access the spa.

the room was nice. balcony had a nice beach and partial ocean view. otherwise, fairly non-descript. balcony's are very very close to the others. so wear clothing on the balcony if you are shy. I don't remember the comfort of the bed, so it must not have been bad. my wife left pizza in a box on the balcony while we went to the beach. not so bright, when we came back, we only had three slices left and since we closed the glass balcony door, the crows couldn't access the bathroom after eating and used the balcony, the balcony chairs and table as a toilet. not pretty.

pazzi: this is the name of the pizzeria where we got the pizza. it is one of the restaurants on the property. it is on the beach. while the two other restaurants had, for lack of a better description, bird lines keeping the winged rodents away from the outdoor tables and diners, this restaurant did not have this deterrent and they flew onto the chairs, the unattended tables, etc. why were the tables sometimes unattended, there are free soda refills that you get up to go refill. which is nice. the pizza was delicious. have it with a glass or two or three of wine and the pizza becomes increasingly better. all kidding aside, the pizza was good. I liked the margherita with meatballs. aside from the winged menaces, my wife and I enjoyed it so much, we brought a pizza up to our room to eventually share with our feathered friends.

pool: two of them. the one closer to the tower closer to the lobby is bigger with deck chairs surrounding the pool. there is a restaurant in very close proximity which services the pool more or less. the smaller pool closer to the tower I stayed in was smaller but there was a cascading waterfall that one could swim or stand under which was refreshing. this pool is also close to the video arcade if you have teens that would rather be indoors. warning. going from the outdoors into the arcade, be prepared to freeze. there is no shortage of air conditioning in the arcade. you also have to go through the arcade to get to the restrooms.

beach: oh boy. this is the beach trip you want. the sand was course. I didn't mind, however, you could walk a mile out and still be waist to chest high in the water. I was sitting in the sand with water up to my chest looking back at the hotel and whining in my head that I would have to trudge a fairly long distance to get back to the beach. the hotel staff at the beach dug a hole and set up my beach umbrella which I rented for $14. he also brought my beach chairs to the spot I chose to set up camp on the beach. the staff was very nice.

conclusion: I really enjoyed my stay here. was it the ritz? not by a long shot, but I thoroughly enjoyed pazzi and the beach and I would definitely come back to marco island and stay here.

Room Tip: read my review and choose a room in the tower most appropriate for you.
1  Thank fongghoul
Sean J, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. Beachfront dining is one of our signature features; we are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed our delicious pizza at Pazzi's. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have stayed lots of hotels all over the world,, the staff is as friendly as any! They upgraded us to ocean view ,, paradise,,, our conference rooms& food was very good as our accommodations... u cant go wrong ...loved walking the beach each morn & adult pool is nice.. childrens pool has slides and splash park area,, waterfalls ,, something for everyone.

Room Tip: pillows are not my favorite,, altho they brought foam , these were flat too
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in providing great customer service. I will share your positive customer service with our associates, and we look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just stayed at this property for business and was pleasantly surprised... The accommodations were great, the staff was over the top friendly and the food was great. I will definitely return to this resort... If for no other reason then to eat more of the zucchini bread they made in Illy daily!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your experience is what we strive for every day. We look forward to welcoming you back to paradise and will have plenty of fresh zucchini bread waiting for you.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here. Our first time on Marco Island. We arrived on Sept 1 st,2013 and left on the 6th. Too short of a stay. Pricy but very nice accommodations. It was very crowded the first day we arrived and they had placed us on the 3 rd floor facing the family-Kids pool. It was pretty noisy,but at check- in they suggested they could move our room to a new location as more choices would become available. They suggested the 10th floor which we enjoyed overlooking the calmer wading pool with the palms and a nice view of the beach.
Rooms were nicely laid out and clean. Hotel staff could not have been nicer,and service was exceptional.We had sushi one night and it was very good but pricy.
I would stay here again when it was less busy. Once the crowds and the kids left, the atmosphere was much nicer and less hectic. Location was great-beach was fantastic.If you like long walks on the beach this is the place. I would bring water shoes as some of the shells can make walking in bare feet less comfortable. Sunsets were a photographers choice so bring a camera.Loved the calm warm water and at 88 degrees it was soothing.

Room Tip: Had a room on the side where the pool with the waterfall was-Lots of kids and noisy. opposite tower...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity to serve you. The staff at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort takes great pride to ensure you create memories of a lifetime. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great resort, staff and food! I took my family here in May and we did not want to leave. Highly recommend this resort to anyone with kids or not. The Gulf of Mexico is very calm compared to the Atlantic which was very pleasant for our 3 year daughter to have a good time. We had a fantastic vacation and would come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your visit to the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort. We look forward to welcoming your family back to paradise.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our fourth trip to Marco Island and our third to the Marriott. As always, neither the island nor the hotel disappoint. The hotel is situated on a huge expanse of sand with beautiful views and friendly dolphins. The hotel offers loungers, umbrellas and cabanas, as well as water sports. In addition, there is the chose of two pools on the beachfront. Although a large hotel, at this time of year it is not busy (although we have seen it exceptionally busy during spring break) and the service and facilities are therefore excellent. We will be back to this beautiful island soon, and the Marriott will be our chose of accommodation without doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louisejan1971

Thank you for your feedback and on behalf of the associates at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, it was truly our pleasure to serve you. Paradise awaits your return.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I went for a "babymoon" week in early September. Everything was near by - walk to the beach in the morning and head over to the pool in the afternoon. Great service and great views. Food can be a little pricey but still very good. We will definitely be coming back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean J, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!