“Posh and plush”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Marco Island is like paradise with too many hotels - similar to Cancun and other holiday destinations. The beach is great. I went for a jog in the mornings to see dolphins very close to the beach - that was pretty cool. The hotel itself has everything you would expect and the service is spotless. My room was on the 10th floor with a great view. The room itself was very spacious and the bed super comfy. There is absolutely nothing one can criticise, other than it's a US holiday destination with nothing individual to it. However, if you are looking for a perfect service, nice beach and sunny holiday - Marco Island is a good destination and this hotel will not disappoint you. Should you think for a second that there's anything missing, just ask the staff and they will make it happen - with a smile.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sean J, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take great pride in providing great customer service. I will share your positive feedback with our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just returned from Marco Island Marriott Resort Golf Club and Spa.
I had read all of the reviews before we left and had also talked with a friend who had visited Marco Island last year. The resort is lovely and well kept. Our service within all areas of the resort was outstanding.
We ate the majority of our meals on the property and thought they were all good and reasonably priced. I know some people have complained about the prices of the food but you are at a four star resort and you are on vacation! If people want cheap food then they should go to a cheap motel.
Our room was very nice with an incredible view of the gulf and the pool.
We enjoyed the pool and never had a problem getting chairs. My only complaint was that they did not start pool food and beverage service until
11:30 every day. There were many people at the pool by 9:30 or 10:00 and most were wanting to order something to drink as it was quite hot by 10:00.
The only problem were all of the out of control kids!!! I don't really fault the resort but I do fault the parents of these kids. They ran up and down the halls, played in the elevators, and screamed so loud! We complained and the management would send up security. Not sure it helped because it continued the ENTIRE time we were there. The people next door to us woke up every morning at 6:15 and so did we because the father began screaming at his kids to brush their teeth, put on their swimsuit, etc... I even knew the children's names.
The management tried to control the problem but it is not their job to parent these kids.
I would definitely return but in September after all of these kids are back in school. This is a beautiful resort and it is a shame people do not make their kids realize that their are other people staying there besides them. We love children and have traveled extensively with our own children however they were always respectful of other people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I guess I'm not as picky as some of the other reviewers; yes housekeeping didn't have our room cleaned until 3:00 two of the days we were there but there was a note in our room stating that rooms were cleaned generally from 8 - 4 so we were forewarned. You did have to get to the pool early by 9 or 10 to save a lounger and it was frustrating seeing towels on loungers for hours and no people using them but that happens at every resort I have been to.
We loved our stay, the staff couldn't have been friendlier! We met a couple of the managers in the elevator and they were sincerely interested if all was going well for us and if we had any questions. One of the lady managers even helped my daughter and me with our bags when we were leaving. When I tipped the housekeeping attendant she hugged and kissed me she was so appreciative. Even the front desk personnel would greet you warmly when you simply walked by on your way to the lobby.
The resort was spotlessly clean, the pools were awesome and the beach was beautiful! It was pricey but you go there knowing that. We saved money by eating at the numerous restaurants off site for breakfast, lunch and dinner,going in late August which was off season, using the free internet in the lobby and renting umbrellas for half days.
I would highly recommend this resort and hope that I am able to return soon!!

Room Tip: It was noisy by the elevator which was where our room was located.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here with another family over the fourth of July holiday this year, and our stay was perfect - start to finish.

The rooms are spacious, clean and lovely. Mine had an ocean view and a large terrace. The food in the restaurant and bar areas is fantastic. I also treated myself to a "spa day" while I was there.
The spa is a total oasis, and the treatments are wonderful. I especially recommend the hot seashell massage - AMAZING!

When you complete a spa appointment, your are given a "pass" for the day to enjoy the private outdoor mineral pool and terrace. I made use of this and even had a wonderful "spa lunch" out by the pool. It was a quiet oasis and the water in the mineral pool is like silk - heaven!

This is my fourth visit to this Marriott property over the years, and it remains one of my favorite destination resorts. Quality and attention to detail make this a great hotel to choose for a vacation.

Room Tip: Oceanview - it's worth the extra $$!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the resort with my wife and daughter. The beach is beautiful, real wide with white sand, the hotel itself was not to our expectations, being big Marriott fans and owning two Marriott timeshares, we cannot understand how it's rated a category 8, it's more like a 6 or 7. The room was not exceptional, the bathroom was small with a commode and tub and a sink and mirror outside, not luxurious. The housekeeping was lax, we would leave the room usually at 8AM and come back around 3 and the room would not be made up, one time after cleaning they left no towels, also no turn down service. The pool loungers were usually all taken early in the morning, parents and kids would hog the chairs all day long, even though they were not there. Self parking across the street was $12 day, valet parking $22 day, beach umbrellas were $20 day. We never had this experience before in a high end hotel. The buffet breakfast was excellent, the staff and cooks very friendly and helpful. We also ate several times at the beach grill and pizza restaurant which which were very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and this a fabulous resort. We have two young children aged 3 and 6 and they have pool slide and games to keep them occupied. The resort is well maintained and staff always seem to greet you and try to do their best.

The location is great and the beach is picture perfect. The waters are calm so kids can enjoy the ocean. There is no charge for beach chairs/ loungers and there is an abundance of them. The pools are great and they offer multiple hot tubs through the resort so they do not get over loaded.

The food can be a tad expensive but they do try to offer value through drinks refills and family value meals in certain places.

The Hotel is spotless and nothing is too much for them. keep up the good work.

I will be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is my favorite Marriott hotel in the state of Florida. Marco Island is a great family destination and this hotel is the perfect beach resort to experience the area. It is the perfect destination for a family vacation or a romantic retreat. They have very good restaurants, championship golf course, a great spa and fitness facility, a free-form fantasy pool with views of the Florida Gulf. The sunsets are amazing in the Gulf coast. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean J, Social Media Coordinator at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We value your feedback and strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
North Naples
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!