The Marco Island Marriott is nicely renovated with generous room sizes. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. I recommend a south-facing room in the Islands Tower so you get sun on the deck all day. Two minor complaints...the bathroom is small (especially the toilet/shower area), and we were originally in a room with another room adjoining it - there is very little sound protection between these rooms, which wasn't much of a problem until the last day when a couple with a very fussy baby occupied the adjoining room. We requested another room, which the hotel quickly granted - problem solved - though it would be great if Marriott could somehow improve the sound-proofing between adjoining rooms. Also, I wish Marriott would stop using those Bath & Body Works toiletries...they haven't changed those out in years and to me they smell like lemon furniture polish. I'm sure some people love them but it would be nice to see something different at a resort hotel.
I had a manicure/pedicure at the spa and other than being horribly overpriced it was a pleasant experience (overpriced just because it's a hotel spa...I'm sure the prices are similar at the other resorts). I probably wouldn't go back because it's so ridiculously expensive, but I ran out of time to get my nails done before leaving home so I was really paying for the convenience.
We ate lunch at the Italian deli/cafe every day and it was delicious - panzanella salad, pizza, and paninis were all great and we found the prices to be pretty reasonable, especially for a hotel restaurant. The beachfront pool has ample chairs, umbrellas, and sun, and you are just steps from the softest sand your toes have ever landed on! Pool was a very pleasant temperature.
Overall, I loved our stay at the Marco Island Marriott and hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our Marco Island, Florida hotel offering newly renovated guest rooms and suites that pay homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provide leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida