“Wonderful stay at Marco Island Marriott”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Marco Island Marriott is nicely renovated with generous room sizes. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. I recommend a south-facing room in the Islands Tower so you get sun on the deck all day. Two minor complaints...the bathroom is small (especially the toilet/shower area), and we were originally in a room with another room adjoining it - there is very little sound protection between these rooms, which wasn't much of a problem until the last day when a couple with a very fussy baby occupied the adjoining room. We requested another room, which the hotel quickly granted - problem solved - though it would be great if Marriott could somehow improve the sound-proofing between adjoining rooms. Also, I wish Marriott would stop using those Bath & Body Works toiletries...they haven't changed those out in years and to me they smell like lemon furniture polish. I'm sure some people love them but it would be nice to see something different at a resort hotel.

I had a manicure/pedicure at the spa and other than being horribly overpriced it was a pleasant experience (overpriced just because it's a hotel spa...I'm sure the prices are similar at the other resorts). I probably wouldn't go back because it's so ridiculously expensive, but I ran out of time to get my nails done before leaving home so I was really paying for the convenience.

We ate lunch at the Italian deli/cafe every day and it was delicious - panzanella salad, pizza, and paninis were all great and we found the prices to be pretty reasonable, especially for a hotel restaurant. The beachfront pool has ample chairs, umbrellas, and sun, and you are just steps from the softest sand your toes have ever landed on! Pool was a very pleasant temperature.

Overall, I loved our stay at the Marco Island Marriott and hope to return soon!

Room Tip: South-facing rooms in the Islands Tower get sun on the deck all day
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EP1109

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The entire resort looks to have been renovated, rooms top mnotch Marriott almost all with views of beach or beach plus pool. Large room (king) missing double vanity sinkin br ( here by myself on business but I can imagine it might be a problem with my missus). Pleasant staff at Quinns restaurant beach side -had a nice very server (Susan at Quinn's) healthy choices for those inclined. Meeting rooms first class and lovely property (understanding that arriving to 70 f sunny weather after leaving Boston with 20F weather might be influencing my review. Golf excellent (see weather comment), I mean what is not to like when it is sunny breezy and warm here vs cold and windy back home.

Excellent gym stocked with great equipment. Nice spa that I did not get to use.

I would bring my family here if given the chance
So that says a lot.

Expensive but highly recommended! Good staff and service!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank HPM1984
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this resort with family and had three rooms. An indication of the service there started at the front desk, where the clerk offered us an upgrade to the newly renovated tower in ocean view rooms, at no extra cost.
The rest of the trip lived up to this introduction. The rooms were lovely with a beautiful view of the pool area and the expansive white sand beach. The three pools were warm and large enough that you didn't feel crowded. The restaurants were varied and the quality of the food was excellent.
One of our favorite things was the service on the beach. A waitress driving a small truck driving around with drinks and taking food orders. I've never seen this before and it really made up feel pampered.
This resort reminded me if being in Hawaii but without the 10 hour flight. We will definitely make this a regular place to visit.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank GLS29
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great property - beautiful inside and out. Nice rooms, clean and large. Outstanding staff in all areas except the one conceirge not really helpful or maybe she didnt know the area well enough. I was here for a convention - staff in that area was outstanding also. The one new addition this year was Flo greeting at the front desk - awesome touch! Internet was the only thing I would complain about - you constantly lost it in your room unless you sat outside on your deck. I was a little disappointed that I now have been there two years and neither year was I upgraded even though I have status with Marriott and played a major part in the planning of the conference we had there. Maybe they dont value their Marriott guests as much as other properties! Overall, love the place.

Room Tip: I know it would probably cost you more but the ocean front and Lanai rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Marriott property is located on a beautiful white sands beach.
Rooms are okay for luxury hotel with great amenities like two pools and tiki bars located near the beach. Kids will enjoy the wading pool or arcade as well as the beach where sea shells are everywhere you walk on the edge of the beach. I was here for a convention but I think it is a good hotel for families as well. The fitness center was better than average. Not great but good.

The food was excellent

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Gulf view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MyZenworks
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We treated ourselves to a first class vacation at the Marriott and were so happy we did. We had coffee on the balcony and enjoyed watching the dolphins jumping out of the water. One day we saw a wedding on the beach there. The room was exquisite, and the service excellent. The pools and the grounds are superb. The beach is one of the finest in the nation.

Room Tip: We chose one facing the Gulf and were so pleased that we spent the extra money for it. Beautiful su...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Marriott is located on the gulf of Mexico with an amazing beachfront, dolphin watching, and stunning sunsets. The Marriott has a restaurant right on the sand with live music and the best seats around for beautiful Florida sunsets. The atmosphere is very casual. Perfect for a laid back vacation.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool and ocean is the best!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!