Second visit to this property, one year apart, both wedding anniversary trips. I was disappointed when I was offered a room with double beds. I booked a king bed in January 2012 using Marriott Reward points. As an alternative to a double, I was offered an 'upsell' suite with king for an additional fee of $150/night. Wasn't really interested, I spend plenty of money with Marriott each year and utilize my Reward Points as a peace offering to my spouse for all the time I'm away from home. I managed to convince the desk attendant to locate a room with a king, but I just felt that this interaction was a charade to upsell me.
The property has LOTS going for it, oceanfront on beautiful beach, grounds are lush and immaculate, friendly helpful staff. If you don't want to, you don't have to leave the resort. For breakfast you can enjoy an elaborate buffet or simpler coffee shop. Lunch is available at two moderate restaurants onsite. Dinner is offered at Kurrents with a more formal menu.
The spa appears to have plenty of services, and offers an expanded outdoor private pool area, it's just not my preference.
My only negative observation concerns the condition of the room, we were in #460 for 4 days. The shower shutoff valve is worn, and dripped continually. The shower drain was clogged and would fill up around your ankles during a quick shower. The towel ring had fallen off the wall, and the travertine tile on the shower walls had mildew growing in the recesses of the travertine. Kind of gross, needs some bleach. The carpeting also showed moderate to severe staining in the foot traffic areas. This surprised me. During our first visit, I had to spend some "office time" on the laptop in the room, and a facilities employee knocked and asked if it was OK to deep clean the carpeting. Impressed with the carpet condition the first visit, disappointed the second. I mentioned these items to the Front Desk manager during check out, but realistically, these are simple maintenance items that should be proactively managed by hotel staff, and should not be left to guests to discover during their stay.
Be aware of add-ons which can add up, wifi and parking fees among them.
I will return for future visits, the positives outweigh the negatives by a wide margin, however, I plan to conduct a closer inspection of room condition after checking in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida