“WOW! Excellent Luxury Family Resort! -HIGHLY Recommend!”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“WOW! Excellent Luxury Family Resort! -HIGHLY Recommend!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After reading the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, I was unsure I chose the right hotel for my family mini vacation. We are accustomed to staying at luxury resorts such as the Ritz....where every detail of the resort experience is perfection!
I nearly chose to return to Ritz in Naples instead of trying the Marco Island Marriott.
...so glad I didn't!!!
Don't let the age of the hotel fool you - they just put 20 million (I think I got that right) into renovations - and it shows - It's Beautiful!!
I love at check-in they say, "Welcome to Paradise!". It certainly was!
We stayed in a second floor suite .. In which we could walk to and from the beach out the back door of our suite. It had a lovely balcony (that we conveniently left our sandy beach stuff on overnight).
I cannot say enough about the suite! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Marble tiles in all common areas with a large area rug in the living room.
I would highly recommend staying in the suite - it was like a luxury 'home away from home' (in a resort setting). :)
My daughter (7) & I used the Spa - she got a great manicure by a kind nail tech. While I got my hair washed & styled using an innovative new blow drying technique!
My husband (a scratch golfer) & son (10) played golf and commented how fun & challenging the Rookery course was!
We ate at Quinn's - Good Food & Friendly Staff!
They had cute shops & offered discounts if you were a Gold Marriott Member :)
We signed my daughter up for a 1/2 day at the Kids Club - she loved doing a bunch of crafts and going 'behind the scenes' of their restaurant to decorate a cookie in their kitchen!
It was a great value for the money --- she had a fun time & got souvenirs, too!
The kids loved both pools, the beach & the game room!!
Housekeeping Service was great! I asked for more towels two different times- I got them with a smile!
A BIG THANK YOU to ALL of the Marco Island Marriott Resort's Staff for being so kind & helpful!
Looking forward to staying there again!!!
It was a Wonderful experience for my whole family!

Room Tip: Choose a Suite!!! It makes a great vacation - AWESOME!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SummerFun_FL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights the last week of May 2012 here. It was our first getaway without the kidos. We loved all of it. The staff was friendly. The entire property was clean and modern. Loved the spa. Rooms were great. The food was excellent as well...especially the breakfast buffett. It's a must!!!

This place was great for couples but it's also very family friendly. We hope to come back in the fall for another getaway and plan to bring the kids this time. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My only regret is that I didn't take full advantage of this great resort hotel. The hotel, rooms, service and food were excellent. I was there for a business meeting, and the meeting space, service and food were top notch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TomSwain
St. Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

It's actually really hard to criticise this hotel. The service is great at all times. The rooms are modern, spacious and clean and there are plenty of facilities on site all of which are high quality. Marco Island is also a relatively unknown resort for UK visitors but is well worth a visit of stay as it's a beautiful area with a stunning beach as well.

If I had to pick at it... and it would be petty stuff. They charge for the beach umbrella's which usually everywhere else in the world is included in your stay, just first come first serve. As a result no one uses them. Also the car park was a bit steep really especially over a few weeks. The resort charge was also made up of some random things that didn't go well together like wifi and gym access. Sometimes you don't want to go on the internet and do a workout in the same day!

Other than that, you can't fault this hotel in terms of quality, staff, rooms and food.

Room Tip: Go high, palm trees do invade the rooms. Keep away from the lifts.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank chrlyd
chicago, il
Reviewed June 4, 2012

hotel, rooms, beach, pools and attraction personnel at the beach were fantastic, but it is expensive to stay there. Food and drinks are high priced also. There are other options to eat and drink a short walk away.

A rental car is not needed for the island. A Carr Trans (1-239-394-0900) will take you anywhere on the island for $6

Room Tip: get an partial ocean view, it is worth it
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ontheroadChicago_Il
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Like many, I usually only take the time to review a resort/hotel if I've had a bad experience with it. But just having spent an outstanding weekend at the Marriott Marco Island Resort, I feel compelled to share what a truly great place this is.

My backgound is that I have been traveling the world for 43 adult years and during that time been fortunate to stay at some of the worlds best hotels from Beijing to Dubai to Moscow. My favorite stateside resort is the Breakers in Palm Beach and abroad the Viceroy on Anguilla in the West Indies. I reside in Naples, Florida and often getting "cabin fever" head to the Breakers, Marriott Harbour Beach in Fort Lauderdale, or Ritz Carlton Souh Beach.

For a change of pace, I decided for this past weekend I would head to a resort just 30 minutes south of Naples, the Marriott Marco Island which I'd not visited for over 25 years.

Needless to say, this hotel property is in pristine condition. Nothing showed signs of being "worn" or in need of replacement. Everything either looked fresh and new. But more importantly was the very genuine friendliness of the entire staff from maintenance staff walking through the hotels to the front desk to the servers in the restaurants to the staff poolside. And none of it was phoney or "engraciating" like on might find at a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. There is a "hotel culture" here that is absolutely the very best like I've rarely seen anywhere, surely here in the United States.

And the food and beverage operation ? Absolutely the very best! Breakfast is my favorite meal and the buffet breakfast offered in the hotel's Tropik's restaurant may well be the very best in North America. So much was offered and everything of the highest quality. Even the whole wheat bread was to die for. And how can anyone get excited about whole wheat bread ?! Everything was just the very best including at lunch and dinner both in terms of quality, taste, and presentation. When I complimented the front desk clerk at check-out, he said this particular hotel has been rated the tops for food and beverage of any Marriott in the world for three years in a row. I can surely understand why!

So for many years I've been traveling several hours to East Coast Florida hotels when just 30 minutes south of where I live is this incredible hidden treasure. I look forward to returning often!

Room Tip: Yes, as others have posted, the air conditioning in the rooms is a bit noisy so just up the temp a d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Steelmuscle
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have gone to this Marriott twice now and its awesome. The staff are great the hotel is fantastic, the rooms are awesome, the beach is great, the whole experience is awesome, I can't recommend a better resort or hotel.

Room Tip: We always get a suite...they are the best rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!