“Nice Beach...Short Stays, OK!”

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2007

Loved the Beach!!!

The hotel is a good one, but nothing spectacular considering the pricey rooms. All rooms are Junior Suites or One Bedroom Suites( small bathrooms). I have stayed here twice: in a pool side/gulf view Jr suite about 6 yrs ago and recently in a tennis court/partial gulf view Jr. suite. I truly enjoyed the location more than I did the hotel but getting double points for HHonors was a nice perk. As has already been mentioned in another review, pay the $9.00 resort fee if you wish 2 chairs on the beach.. an umbrella is not included and is $14.00 more, unfortunately. If you are an HHonors member and don't plan on beaching it, don't pay the fee and you'll still have access to the health club, tennis courts and complimentary weekday newspaper.

There is a gift shop with plenty of sundries should you forget anything, but it will cost you. Example, $13.99 for SPF 30 Sun-Block. Bring your own! Even your own bottled water if you can. FYI, there is a 7-11 across the street, that is less pricey and open 24 hours!

I didn't enjoy the food at this hotel at all and honestly, there are enough places outside to please the palate and the pocketbook.

Plan on paying a fee for self or valet parking. The security guard at the front gate was a nice.

Also plan on a relaxing time because aside from excursions outside of the hotel, there really is not much to do other than relaxing by the pool or at the beach. It is a nice family getaway but honestly, I would recommend the one bedroom suite to spread out more!

Also, if you plan on changing reservations, do so one week in advance or you will pay a one night deposit fee. I inadvertantly changed my plans by mistake and I was fortunate to have some help from a nice front desk clerk (forgive me if I spell her name incorrectly, Timoco) who smoothed things out for me and was able to correct my mistake immediately.

Overall, you are paying for the location - Marco Island as well as the name Hilton.

If you're planning on a stay of a week or more, you might be more wise to rent a condominium from a realtor as there is absolutely no shortage of these.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank WeekendGetaways43
Write a ReviewReviews (3,044)

Reviewed January 7, 2007

Stayted here for two nights on business. The Hotel is 1 hour from SW FL/Fort Myers Airport, BUT there can be traffic jams at any time, for no reason on I-75 either way. Allow for an extra 45 minutes especially if you are heading to the Airport. I'm a Hilton Gold member and was upgraded to a Jr. Suite & 4 complimentary continental breakfast coupons. Very spacious room - w/view of the Pool and Partial View of the Ocean. The Tennis Court side of the Hotel has Eastern Exposure for you sunrise freaks. The Beach is long, fairly level, with hard sand -good for jogging ( recommend sneakers) or walking. Excellent shelling especially in the early AM. Workout room had 2 X-trainers, a few treadmills, bikes, steppers, universal machines and free weights. Clean hotel with efficient, friendly service. Wired Internet for $10/day. Business function rooms were pleasant, big and clean. Pool can be noisy w/kids enjoying themselves - so if you want quiet, hit the beach.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Royzee
Reviewed January 2, 2007

We reserved a mini suite on line, and were told we were upgraded as due to my Hilton Honors. I wish they hadn't. We went from a mini suite facing the pool, to a room with 2 double beds facing the beach. Kind of tough with 2 teen agers. The desk would not accomodate us to the suite we had reserved. The pool closes at 10pm, as do the tennis courts, game room, and apparently the rest of the town. Go for early dinners at a local restaurant, they're not much better in Naples. Last seating is at 8:45pm.
The dining room staff should be replaced. We were given 2 vouchers for a continental buffet, my wife ordered a regular breakfast and took a piece of pineapple from my plate while waiting for her food, she was charged a full buffet. No sense arguing with the staff. Eat at Denny's 15 minutes away. Ask to be charged the daily recreational fee ($9/day/person), or else they'll charge you $14/day for a beach chair. Towels are free!!!!! Even though the pool opens at 7am, people seem to reserve the best chairs facing the sun during the night. The hotel does not condone reserving chairs. Would I stay here again?..... I don't think so, the Marriott seems nicer, however everything on Marcos Island is overpriced.

Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank Lito51855
Reviewed January 1, 2007

My family and I recently got back from the Hilton in Marco Island where we spent Christmas and had a wonderful time. We had a one-bedroom suite overlooking the pool and beach on the eighth floor and the view was beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and each one has a sleeper sofa for the kids. They will provide you with a rollaway if you'd like but the charge is $20 a day and is not worth it unless you really need it. The rooms are clean and housekeeping provides extra towels, shampoo, etc. as soon as you ask. The pool is a great temperature but the jacuzzi was a little small and very crowded. Some of the people using the jacuzzi were rude; staying in for one-half hour or more and spreading themselves out like they owned the place. The beach was very nice but the water sports are a little expensive. We would've liked to have taken the boat tour to the dolphin site but the cost of $40 a person (we are five people) was too expensive. The jet ski rental was fun and all you need is a half-hour as the rental hut does not allow you to go to far away anyway. The food at the hotel is expensive even though the breakfast buffet is nice. However, there is an excellent breakfast place call Susie's about a mile away, which has excellent food and at good prices. Also, Da Vinci's accross the street is very good for dinner as is Bimini's down the street. Another nice place to eat is Cafe De Marco. Snook's is very casual but is nothing special. If you don't mind driving a little, the Watermark Grill in Naples is excellent and is also very child friendly. We found the staff at the hotel to be very courteous. Some of them work at all of the areas of the hotel such as Kathryn from England who is very pleasant. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and would probably stay there again. We heard that there was construction going on at the Marriott and that is why we didn't stay there. Also, the Marco Island Beach Resort was not very accomodating as they don't provide sleeper sofas or rollaways because of fire codes. The Hilton is a good value and a nice place to stay with a wonderful location.

Stayed: December 2006
6  Thank rdavida
Reviewed December 26, 2006

My husband, 14-year old son and I just got back from a 6 day, 5 night stay at the Marco Island Hilton and loved it. The hotel is clean, has spacious rooms, nice amenities, clean beach, good pool, available watersports and is not as expensive as hotels just a few doors away that charge $100+ more dollars per night. We had a jr suite overlooking the tennis courts but also had a view of the ocean. The room had a king-size bed and a queen-size sofabed with plenty of room to move around. If you are beach people then pay the $9 per day resort fee which includes the use of 2 beach chairs which would otherwise cost $7 each. For the $9 you also get free newspaper, unlimited healthclub use, local calls, etc. but if you are a Hilton honors member you get those already so if you want to stick by the pool don't go for the $9. I would not recommend eating at the hotel. It is expensive and the food was just ok. There are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance or a short drive that are much better and not as expensive. We ate off the property virtually every meal and were much happier. The concierge was great help. She recommended a kayaking tour and an everglades tour that were great as well as all the restaurants we visited. If you have time, go to the movies across the street...they serve drinks and food while you watch the movie; great idea. We will be back to the Hilton as soon as we can!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank mcshinske
Reviewed November 13, 2006

Let me first preface this review by saying that I had a very enjoyable week on Marco Island. I stayed with my wife and three boys (ages 10, 8 & 6) for six nights Nov 2006.

The hotel has a great location but overall it is a fairly average hotel and the rooms are certainly nothing special. If you are expecting a luxury hotel you will be very disappointed. They describe the rooms as all being junior suites but in reality the room is only slightly larger than an average hotel room. The bathroom is very small and the door literally clears the toilet by an inch however there is a second sink outside the bathroom. The hotel furnishings are typical of a mid-range Hilton hotel and if you have two beds in your room they will be doubles not queens.

At check-in I was told that since I was a Hilton Diamond member I was upgraded to an ocean view room. The hotel is divided into two parts with the front (closest to the beach) being ocean view while the back is a regular room. In reality, if you are on a high enough floor there is very little difference in the view so “ocean view room” is somewhat misleading. At check-in I had requested to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom if one was available. I was informed that no 1 bedrooms were available for the length of my stay. I checked back later in the week to see if a one bedroom was available for the rest of my stay and it was only then that the manager admitted that they don't upgrade to 1 bedroom suites. A little honesty upfront would have been nice. I also had trouble trying to get a pool side room rather than a tennis court side room which I was first given. At first there was none available but with a little persistence one ‘magically’ appeared. I wasn’t impressed with the attitude of the front desk.

We had the hot breakfast buffet every morning and aside from the omelets it was only mediocre. We did not have dinner or lunch at the hotel.

The pool was good and well maintained, although somewhat small. I can imagine how crowded it would get during the high season. Because of the way the hotel is situated only part of the pool deck gets sun in the morning. Those lounge chairs are quickly “reserved” by people putting their towels or personal items on them. Get up early if you want a chair in the sun. To their credit there were plenty of large clean towels available during daylight hours. The beach was great and was the highlight of the trip. We didn’t sit much at the beach so I never paid for the lounge chairs or umbrella. Expect part of the beach or pool side patio to be taken over for part of the day if they are hosting a wedding at the hotel.

We did take a cruise on a boat that picked us up from the Hilton and took us to cape Romano to look for shells. On the way we saw numerous dolphins and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I would also recommend going to Bonita Beach and Sanibel Island as day trips.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay on Marco Island but if I come again I would find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank David R
Reviewed October 26, 2006

OK, I have had enough of the lies that have been written about this hotel. Let me start by saying that we are a family from England, we have visited this hotel for the last 6 years as part of our family vacation, each time staying for around 10-14days.

We have NEVER been dissapointed, the staff are courteous and all speak English, with the exception perhaps of some of the chambermaids, but then thay does such a fantastic job at keeping the hotel clean, one would only find it necessary to say "Thank you" to them, not engage them in long conversations.

The bar at the poolside is extremely friendly and has been staffed by the same people for the last 6 years that we know of, they recognise each year we go out and even recall what our drinks are. I guess that if you are civil to people, then they are civil back.

We've seen some --- people checking into this hotel, I suspect that these are the people that leave such unnecessary negative feedback about this place.

We are going back again in 2007, twice, thats how good it is,

Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!