3,068 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire staffgreat resortlounge chairsbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Just returned from the Hilton on Marco Island, and we loved every minute of it. Our room was fabulous; I recommend requesting the North side of the building and a high floor; the views are incredible. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which came with a large balcony; so much more than we had expected. The room was immaculate, we were traveling with my 15 year old daughter and her friend, and at that age they can be bored so easily, but they both loved it. They parasailed, and came back with great stories and pictures. And the best part is that they left right from our own beach. While they did that, my husband and I sat on the deck and ate at the outdoor grill. Great food (try the hamburger), though the drinks are kind of expensive. We took the advice of other reviewers and stopped and bought beer and wine on our way in. We just brought our own "adult beverages" down to the pool area. The pool was great, we ended up there almost every afternoon after enjoying the beach first. And what a beach! Yes, it is comprised of mostly broken shells, but still beautiful. We had never been to the Gulf before, and after enjoying it, we have kind of lost interest in the Atlantic. Sorry, but there really is no comparison. We saw dolphins leisurely swimming amazingly close to shore every day, it was warm and clean and calm..... need I say more?
Right across the street (literally) are numerous restaurants (we tried 3, all good) and even a movie theater. The move theater is kind of small, but you can order food and drinks and popcorn and they will deliver it right to you; the two 15 year olds loved it. We also took an Everglades trip, which we arranged through the hotel; and it was amazing! We rode on an airboat (think "Gentle Ben" if you are of a certain age.......) and saw 2 or 3 alligators. Very cool.
We got so much more out of this trip than we had anticipated, and honestly, we will be back, hopefully next year. I can truly say nothing negative about this hotel/resort. Go and Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank catduck1
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Stayed at the Hilton for weekend to celebrate a family member's birthday. I got a deal on Priceline for $129 a night.

Great and large room with a nice view of the beach. Got a better view and high floor when I mention I was a Hilton Honors member. The pool and beach were very nice. Ate at the pool grill and at the Paradise Cafe for their seafood buffet which were good. Staff was nice and friendly. The resort was well maintained.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank traveljunkiegirl
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We love this resort.
We have been coming to Marco Island and staying at the Hilton since 1984. The hotel has been updated quite a few times, and it's great in every way.
The only negative would have to be that they started charging for parking a few years ago.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We have been going to Hilton Marco for over twenty years. Always had a great time, until the last three or four years. I give up, we have jumped ship and gone to the Marriot. I took a group of 6 (my family) to their restaurant ...restaurant was empty....they forgot one order and it took them over an hour to serve us. we complained to management and they slipped a discount coupon for the jet boats under our door. This hotel use to be great for business men and their families, but now that the hotel has lowered their rates it has become a nightmare. We had to leave the pool a number of times over the last few years because of rowdy guests. This use to be a great hotel....We hate to leave ....many memories.....but, Thanks Hilton...cest la vie! Were coming back to Marco next month...staying at Marriot

Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank onboard2000
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I have stayed at this hotel twice now and we love it. The over 14 hour journey to there from the UK is more than worth it!

We are lucky to have stayed in some of the most beautiful hotels around the world, but put the Marco Hilton right up there as our favorite. It just seems to tick all the boxes. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Tina the Conciege and Mir the Car Valet, who were two of the nicest people you could meet.

The hotel is clean and very well presented. We had a one bedroomed suite which was very nice and overlooked the sea. Although I note to future visitors, ask for a room overlooking the pool side of the hotel as this is a better view. Ours overlooked the tennis court side, which although still very nice, not as good as the other side.

The room was very clean and spacious, plenty of room for my husband and I and our two sons (age 12 and 2). The only complaint we had throughout the whole we were there was the air con in the bedroom is incredibly loud. We did complain and had a maintainance man there very quickly, who explained that this is how the air con is.

The pool is lovely and because it was off season not at all busy, enabling us to get loungers very easily.

My son and I took a parascending trip organised by the hotel, which was fantastic and highly recommended.

The sunloungers on the beach are now free, but you pay for the parasol shading the loungers, which is $14 per day, which is a bit steep.

The casual dining room is very clean and the food was excellent, especially the breakfasts! We also had room service was was very good, hot and very quick.

We had a wonderful holiday and were very depressed when we had to leave. We are already trying to work out when we can return!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family