Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
$149
$489
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$64
$79
$55
Cove Inn on Naples Bay(Naples)(Great Value!)
$140
$255
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
3,066 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire staffgreat resortlounge chairsbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I have stayed at this hotel twice now and we love it. The over 14 hour journey to there from the UK is more than worth it!

We are lucky to have stayed in some of the most beautiful hotels around the world, but put the Marco Hilton right up there as our favorite. It just seems to tick all the boxes. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Tina the Conciege and Mir the Car Valet, who were two of the nicest people you could meet.

The hotel is clean and very well presented. We had a one bedroomed suite which was very nice and overlooked the sea. Although I note to future visitors, ask for a room overlooking the pool side of the hotel as this is a better view. Ours overlooked the tennis court side, which although still very nice, not as good as the other side.

The room was very clean and spacious, plenty of room for my husband and I and our two sons (age 12 and 2). The only complaint we had throughout the whole we were there was the air con in the bedroom is incredibly loud. We did complain and had a maintainance man there very quickly, who explained that this is how the air con is.

The pool is lovely and because it was off season not at all busy, enabling us to get loungers very easily.

My son and I took a parascending trip organised by the hotel, which was fantastic and highly recommended.

The sunloungers on the beach are now free, but you pay for the parasol shading the loungers, which is $14 per day, which is a bit steep.

The casual dining room is very clean and the food was excellent, especially the breakfasts! We also had room service was was very good, hot and very quick.

We had a wonderful holiday and were very depressed when we had to leave. We are already trying to work out when we can return!!

2  Thank SH2727
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton at Marco Island for 8 nights in July. We had a problem with check in because of the credit card hold. Long story, but Amar, the Front Office Manager, made up for it. He was very apologetic and treated us very well. All the staff was great. They made you feel very special. I can't express how beautiful the beach and the resort was. We got to see the sunset from our balcony. The view was amazing. They have everything you need there. We have stayed at Hilton's before and this room was bigger than a typical Hilton room. I was so sad to leave and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is a beautiful hotel with great service. With one exception (see below). the entire staff was friendly, courteous and professional. We had a Jr. King Suite on the 7th floor, facing the tennis court, and a very nice view of the beach. The room was quite large and had a sliding glass door which led to a balcony. It was also very quiet. We were glad to be on that side. The rooms on the pool side of the hotel have a better view of the beach, but are probably a bit noisy.

The beach was great. The sand is very shelly, so wear something on your feet! There was quite a bit of seaweed in the water - not sure if that's how it always is, or just at that time of year. The hotel provides beach chairs and towels, but you do have to pay for the umbrella, $20.00 for the day, or $12.00 after 1pm.

We didn't use the pool, but every time we walked by, there were lots of people there and they all seemed to be enjoying it.

I went to The Spa for a massage and it was wonderful. The entire facility was very clean and very inviting. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning and had lunch at their outdoor cafe once. The food was always very good and the service was wonderful. The breakfast crew got to know us as the couple who ordered mimosas every morning!

The only disappointment we had was that one evening we wanted to dine in their dining room. We got all dressed up and were looking for a "fine dining experience", only to get there and find out that the dining room is closed during the week in the off-season. The maitre d' told us we could eat in the cafe, and assured us that the menu was the same. We ended up paying fine dining prices for cafe quality and cafeteria service. The food wasn't good at all, and we were very surprised with the terrible service. Our server either didn't have much training, or she was having a very, very bad day.

Overall we had a wonderful time, and we're planning to go back in December!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I had our wedding at the Hilton Marco Island in May. The Hilton did an amazing job!

Pool – Good service at the pool. Staff pays attention to the little umbrellas when you want service. At this time of year there were plenty of chairs available.
Beach – beautiful expansive beaches! Yes you have to rent an umbrella, but for a day or two this is not bad. As others recommend – go buy one across the street if you wish to save some money. The shells on the beach are a little rough on your feet if you plan to do a lot of walking. Beach shoes are helpful.
Food – you are at a resort – yes the food is a little pricey. The concierge can recommend local restaurants if you have a car and wish to find other options.
Nightlife/Shopping – There are not a lot of bars and shopping in Marco Island. Some shopping is available, so if you need something you can surely find it somewhere. Come here for the beach and the resort – not the nightlife.
Concierge – very helpful.
Spa – new facility opened in Fall ‘08, had massage and makeup/hair done for the wedding. All guests of wedding who used the spa had good experiences. One thing though - the facility is very dark (they need better lighting in these rooms), so I was disappointed that they charged me $40 extra to have the person come to my room - especially when using all my own makeup.
Tennis – a couple tennis courts. Our friend arranged through the hotel to play with a tennis pro. This worked out well.
Rooms – Clean and up to date. Did not hear of any bad experiences from any of our guests. A few guests even extended their stay after they arrived.

Here’s the amazing thing about our experience. Because of circumstances beyond anyone’s control – the event manager I was working with was replaced 2 weeks before the wedding. After working with someone for months on the details, I had no expectation that someone else would be able to come up to speed in a matter of days. The sales manager and event manager met with us the day we arrived and assured us that nothing would fall through the cracks. Mary Beth, our new event manager, pulled off what I thought would be impossible – the weekend went BETTER than I had hoped or planned for. All those involved with food, service, set up – it was all beyond what I had expected – especially considering the last minute change in event managers. The Hilton is a smaller hotel than some of the larger conference centers down the beach. For our smaller wedding – the Hilton was perfect and I believe this attributed to the personal attention that both we and our guests received. Mary Beth is amazing – she went above and beyond to make our wedding a truly special event.

Wedding Details:
Friday Welcome Dinner - Paradise Café boardwalk. The Hilton provided a wonderful tasting Caribbean style buffet. The presentation was wonderful. Beautiful location to watch the sunset as there is nothing between this location and the view of the beach. Staff was great.
Ceremony and Reception – The Hilton did a wonderful job of setting up for the beach ceremony and directing guests to the location as well as working with all the vendors (florist, bakery, party rentals, etc…). The reception was on the 11th floor terrace – a FABULOUS location on the top of the building with a stunning view overlooking the Gulf. This is perfect for smaller events (we had about 50 people but they could accommodate more). This location was by far the highlight for our guests. We had enough room for a cocktail area and bar, and a buffet and tables for dinner. Food was excellent. Staff was great. We opted for a 5:30 ceremony and were up on the 11th floor terrace to enjoy dinner and then the gorgeous sunset at 8pm. We were glad we had formal pictures on the beach in good light, and still got some amazing sunset pictures from the terrace.
Sunday Brunch – the hotel set up a private seating area in Sandcastle’s restaurant, and we used the standard breakfast buffet at Paradise Café. This worked out well. The buffet is great, but a little pricey. We were happy to have complimentary access to the buffet throughout our stay because of my Hilton Honors status.

Vendor Suggestions – Party to Go (rented colored table cloths and white wooden chairs – Hilton has plastic chairs). Sebrie Images (photographers out of Ft. Myers – exceptional photojournalistic style, worth the $). Publix Bakery (yes – Publix. Wonderful tasting cake for a reasonable price). Marco Island Florist (will work with your budget). Bonita Strings – lovely string trio.

We will be back to the Hilton Marco Island!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank srsnyder
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Amazing hotel, location and value. Across the streets from many restaurants.