My friend and I travel every year for our birthday. Last year we went to the Royal in Cancun, but after she got a parasite there last August, we decided never to go back. So, we found the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa and could not have been more pleased!!! We booked our trip back in October and debated between the Hilton and the Marriott, but the Marriott was about $200 more per night. We were worried at first because of the price difference, but are so happy with our choice.
You cannot go wrong with this hotel. We had a Jr. Suite Gulfview room with an amazing view of the Gulf of Mexico. We could lay in our beds and look out over the water; it was beautiful. We did not choose the garden or pool/Gulf view, and are glad we didn't. The room we were in was located on the south side of the building, which received direct sunlight. We sat out on our balcony and were able to get as much sun as we wanted right there all day; it never was in the shade. We read in previous postings about construction noise, but did not hear a thing. We did see where construction might have been going on next door, but they were not working the weekend we were there.
The room was VERY nice. The beds were extremely comfortable; I did not want to get out of bed once while we were there and everything is upgraded (granite countertops, flatscreen tv, etc). The bathroom had two separate sinks; one was outside of the actual bathroom in it's own alcove, which made getting ready easier between two people. There were two bathrobes in the room for our use, along with a safe and a refrigerator. We did have to pay for wireless internet, but it was not a big deal considering how nice everything else was.
The pool area was great, but half of it was in the shade the days we were there. That may have been because it's winter right now (the sun may be higher in the summer). Lounge chairs for the beach are free with your room, you just request how many you need and where you want them and they put them out for you. Beach towels are also complimentary by the pool and you can request as many as you need. There are also umbrellas and cabanas available for rent on the beach. The umbrellas were $17 per day and the cabanas were $20 per day. We rented a cabana the day we were on the beach and it was wonderful to have other people behind us blocked by our cabana. It helped with the excess noise and just gave a little bit of privacy. There is a bar at the pool that serves lunch and drinks and it's great. The bartenders were very friendly and helpful. There are also a few cocktail waiters/waitresses that walk around the pool and the beach if you want to order something without having to get up. We also tried the Sandcastles lounge for happy hour one night (drinks are two for one from 5-7pm); it is a more upscale bar. The food looked really good in there.
There are numerous restaurants across the street from the Hilton; such a short walk. Nacho Mama's has THE BEST fresh salsa and serves GREAT mexican food. We ate there our first and last night, and I'm still wanting to go back. There is a movie theater across the street as well. We also found a little Italian restaurant called La Grotta's (it's a short drive from the Hilton; just turn left out of the parking lot and you can't miss the green awning and white lights on the right). La Grotta's was not busy at all and served the best, authentic Italian food. The bread was unbelievable, as was the eggplant parmesan. The service was excellent, and they even gave us a free brownie sundae for our birthday. There is also a Winn-Dixie and a Publix only a short drive from the hotel.
We did have to pay for parking each day and for the spa, which was amazing. The spa just opened up and it is a nice facility. I had to peel myself out of there. There is a sauna and a steamroom in the locker room, along with rainhead showers and lockers for use. You will not be disappointed if you book a spa appointment. I recommend booking before you go; we did before we left and it appeared that they were booking quick.
The service at the Hilton was top notch. I had forgotten my razor, and they sent one up immediately. We also needed a wire reattached to our tv upon arrival, and the maintenance man was there in no time. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help with whatever you need.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Marco Island. It's a great retreat, very low key and very relaxing. If you haven't been to Marco Island before, don't go if you're looking to party. This is a getaway/relaxing type of environment which you won't be disappointed with. I can't wait to go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for guest room renovation and restoration. It plans to reopen in early 2018. Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
- Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Florida