3,068 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire staffgreat resortlounge chairsbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I stayed at Hilton Marco Island beginning on November 20th. A girlfriend and I went for a 5 day relaxation trip and that is exactly what we got. The customer service was exceptional. We had booked a garden view room but asked for an upgrade to ocean view when we arrived. The hotel staff was very accommodating and granted our request. The rooms were clean and well sized. We only dined at one of the cafes which was called Paradise Cafe. We had fabulous breakfasts there each morning and again, customer service was excellent. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the area. We dined at Tara's Steak and Lobster house, which was about a mile and half away. Most of the restaurants we went to were right across the street. We visited DaVinci's and Captain Brien's. All of the restaurants were wonderful, great cuisine and lovely atmosphere. Our service at DaVinci's was slow (I think they forgot about us for a while there.) All other restaurants were fantastic. We both received spa treatments from the Salon and Spa Botanica (not the Hilton's spa which was just starting their "soft opening".) We both called the hot stone massages "the best massage I've ever had." Two thumbs up to Denise and Mary. The concierge at the Hilton was a little snooty but got the job done. We booked a shelling excursion on Cross Cruises. What could've been a lovely day on a sailboat, became incredibly annoying as Captain Hugh spent much of the time on his cell phone with his wife. He talked loudly and almost the entire trip back from the shelling island. My friend took video clips of the cruise and said all you can hear is him on the phone with his wife, so much for the relaxing sound of the ocean! My only other negative review was for Alvin's Island Beach store across the street. If you want service - don't bother to go here. The staff sits in a breakroom/office eating and texting while you wait at the counter. We could clearly see them and each time we stood at the counter ready to check out (we went there nearly every day for some item) they would remain in the office and shout "are you ready?" It was unbelievable to say the least. All in all, we had a great trip. The Hilton was lovely and I would gladly return.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2008

The hotel was right on a beautiful beach in Marco Island where there is great shelling to be done and glorious sunsets!

We stayed here for the first two nights of our honeymoon, arriving in our wedding finery. We were offered a "free upgrade" which we suspect was actually a downgrade as there were two Double beds instead of a King and only an okay view. I think we had actually paid for better, but oh well. We didn't want to hassle with it as it was still a nice enough room, but had I known what it was like beforehand, I wouldn't have picked it for my honeymoon.

That being said, for a normal hotel stay it was nice. A little above average for the quality of the room, and almost all rooms seemed to have at least an abstructed view of the beach. The pool was very nice as were the free beach chairs. And I particularly liked that they had a Shell washing station.

Perhaps our favorite part was the food at the terrace cafe. I had a Tandori Chicken Wrap and my new husband had the Fresh Fish sandwich (I think it was Mahi, but it may have been Grouper). Both offerings were phenomenal and we should have eaten every meal here!

All in all, it was a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2008

The Hilton is a very nice hotel. Since our reservation was for November, we called the hotel ahead of time "3" times to make sure that the pool was heated. Every time they told us that their pool was heated. Well, guess what? The pool was very cold. We complained but they told us that the pool temperature was in the 80's. We walked to the Marriott Resort which is very close to the Hilton and went in their pool. It was great! We asked the pool attendant what was the pool's temperature at the Marriott, he told us that it was in the 80's. If the Marriott's pool temperature was in the 80's the Hilton's pool thermostat had to be broken. We ended up moving to the Marriott after two days at the Hilton. Our stay at the Marriott was wonderful.

Reviewed November 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton on Marco Island for two nights as a mini-vacation, we left our 2 year old daughter with her grandparents in Naples while visiting Florida. I am a General Manager of a hotel and tend to be very picky when it comes to all aspects of a hotel stay. I was very impressed with the Hilton. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. They were able to get us an early check-in, offered for us to use the hotel amenities while we waited (only 5 minutes!). The concierge was wonderful with her dining suggestions. The room was large, clean and had everything we needed. Bed was very comfortable and the view from the 10th floor was fabulous. I would love to stay at the Hilton Marco Island again in the future!

Reviewed November 8, 2008

The Marco Island Hilton has to be one of the nicest Hilton properties we have stayed at in Florida. The facilities are well kept and the staff was friendly.

The pool and beach were nice, chairs are included at both locations for free. As other reviewers have noted, umbrellas at the beach cost $18 a day. So walk right across the street from the hotel and buy your own.

Our room had a nice view of the Gulf of Mexico and was well kept by the housekeeping staff. Nightly turn down service included a couple tasty shell shaped chocolates each evening. The hotel's breakfast was decent, but not spectacular. We did not check out the restaurant for dinner, the menu was not really our taste and had seemed to have a limited amount of customers each evening.

Complaints: The bed was so-so, but we are usually not happy with the beds in most of the hotels we stay in. An off the cuff comment about it from my wife to a housekeeping staff supervisor on the morning of our last night there brought this response: "You should have told us earlier, we would have made it right" I must say that such concern for our happiness is a highly rarefied event in our travels.

5 stars to this property's management and staff for it's efforts in guest satisfaction. They just couldn't do enough to make your stay a pleasant one.