Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
$319
JW Marriott Marco Island(Marco Island)
$439
$394
  • Beachfront
Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Hotels.com
$596
$479
  • Pool
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
$661
$569
The Boat House Motel(Marco Island)
3,064 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire stafflounge chairsgreat resortbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Overall reviews are accurate. Hotel is in great location, pool is decent, staff very friendly. As a Diamond member I stayed for free using points which was great,however the room did not look out over the pool / Gulf for sunset so that was a bit disappointing. I think all room sizes are the same based on layout. Nice dinner choices immediately across the street. I would not hesitate to come back here again a second time.

Beach is full of shells which I have never seen before so the sand was kinda rough......

Room Tip: ask for view of pool - that way you will be able to see sunset from our room (Which we could not)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Jeff E, we thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to provide us with feedback. The majority of our rooms are indeed the same size just in different locations. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the restaurants across the street they do have a variety choices to suit anyone. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Overall the hotel was average; if we were to go back to Marco Island we would stay somewhere else. For the nightly rate this hotel charges...there are many other hotels and resorts on the island that I would look at.
Our first night the toilet in our room ran intermittently all night which kept my husband and I awake. The next morning after one flush of the toilet it would no longer flush. We stopped by the front desk on our way out and they sent someone up to "fix" the toilet. Upon our return to the room, the toilet was flushed once and then again would not flush a second time....My husband then diagnosed the problem and had to convince the repairman to replace the broken part....which he did. The same morning the room two doors down from ours had their toilet overflow into the hotel hallway. Move forward two days....upon returning to our room in the afternoon from the beach I found the entire bathroom, closet and vanity area flooded with water from the toilet. I still have no idea how this was even possible as no one had been in the room for hours...but even still my flip flops were literally floating in the closet - Gross! I called the front desk, they sent someone up again. Needless to say at this point I was more than a little frustrated with the toilet situation in our room - and it seems as though we weren't the only ones. When I'm paying $400 plus per night I guess I at least expect a quiet flushable toilet.

On the positive side, the beach in front of the Hilton is very nice. Lots of seashells to pick through. You don’t have to pay for the lounge chairs on the beach only the umbrellas - if you want one. The pool area fills up very quickly and actually seems a little small for the amount of rooms at this hotel. We saw people saving their spots at 6:45am…there are signs saying that you can’t leave belongings unattended for more than 30 minutes before it is removed for other people’s use, however it doesn’t seem like this is actually enforced.
There are several restaurants directly across the street from the hotel which we found very convenient. The only meal we actually ate at the Hilton was breakfast and it was good.
FYI – there is a daily parking fee if you have a vehicle to park at the Hilton. $10 is you park the car yourself, $14 if you use their valet. There really is nowhere else to park, so just know you are in for that if you drive to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather0313

Dear Heather0313, we appreciate and value your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the troubles you went through while staying at our resort. This is not what we want our guests to go through especially while away on vacation. We hope that our management team was able to compensate for all the inconveniences you had. We will ensure that all your comments are passed along to our team. We hope to have you back in the near future to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Hilton Marco Island "beach resort" is indeed on a beach. It's also by far the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at on the Florida gulf coast. White beaches? Yes! But the beach sand is very hard, and shelly, compared to the softer white sand a bit farther north.
The hotel itself is a hotel, I don't really get the "resort" since they offer a hotel, a beach, a restaurant and a bar. Oh - and a single ping pong table! Nice.
The beach chairs, the beach umbrellas, the parking - those all cost extra. The water sports are way more expensive than other places (many) I've tried in Florida. I was kinda shocked.
The "concierge" at the activity desk was happy to help - but only recommended things that she could make reservations for. If she is compensated by those service providers, I think this should be disclosed. I'm curious, and I felt a bit suspicious by her eagerness to "make a reservation for us". If she's not compensated, and management can document that, I'm happy to edit my review promptly. Her name was Susanna, I think.
I've never paid for parking in Florida other than at an airport. $10 for parking at a Florida hotel? Seriously? We felt nickel-and-dimed over and over again, including for wifi charges and beach towel checklists with threats of fines if towels weren't identifiably returned. We ignored that but the atmosphere of distrust and checking was chilling.
On that note, the pool is reasonable size - but not nearly big enough considering the 11 floors and about 35 rooms per floor. The early morning competition begins with folks "saving" chairs with beach towels. By mid-morning, people were pacing to find a lounge chair by the pool. They have several signs, saying that towels and items left unattended for over 30 minutes will be removed... ah, the empty threats. For these prices, we paid over $500, should we have to compete for resources? Seriously?
On to the beach. Beautiful. The area is gorgeous - as is much of the Gulf Coast. But, much of the gulf coast does not have rows of beach umbrellas three deep. Again, if one doesn't "save" his place, ie pay for an umbrella, you're in the back row and don't see the gulf water but only other umbrellas. We have to compete for resources, when the Gulf Coast is 435 miles long, and we're paying that much? C'mon.
The "junior suite" we paid for seemed like a standard double room, with a tiny extra place for a couch. The "gulf view" was beautiful - from the balcony but not from the room, really, unless you stood at the balcony window. Junior suite? I googled the definition to make sure I wasn't crazy, it didn't seem like a suite to us.
Needless to say, we felt the value was lacking, the crowding was irritating, and we certainly won't return again.
If management wants direct feedback, i'm happy to discuss.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
15  Thank Joe Y

Dear Joe Y, we would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We value your feedback as it helps us to understand our guest’s need and ways we can improve future visits. As you mentioned we do have separate charges for umbrellas, and parking. There is no resort fee applied when you book your reservation as we have learned that all of our guests are different and some do not wish to pay for something they will not use. Therefore it is at each individual’s criteria on what they wish to pay for while here.
Please understand that local service providers do not compensate our concierge; they make suggestions based upon each guest’s preferences – we apologize if this is the impression you were given and we will discuss with our concierge team.
Overall we apologize about for the other inconveniences you had during your stay, it is very unfortunate. We hope that we could have another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Have been here a number of times and this was the most disapointing. Starting from check in. My spouse had asked for an upgrade for a room, a suite with an ocean view. When we arrived our room overlooked the tennis courts and the 'suite' part meant only that there was a couch and a chair to sit in. I can't amagine a room without that. He had called and spoke to someone about the upgrade and thought he was clear we wanted a nice view of the ocean. Our room was changed to the other side of the hotel but the staff was not pleasant about it.
I was also disappointed in the spa. Had been there before with a good experience.
This time I went for a massage. It was a monday and they were running a special price but I was not told that when I made my appointment. I had to ask for the reduced rate when I checked out when I saw the flyer on the check out counter. They also charged me $15 more for firm pressure. I never heard of such a thing. It was very strange and dissapointing.

Room Tip: when asking for a room, if you want a 'good' view of the ocean make sure you ask for a 'pool side' ocean (gulf) view. these are the rooms on the north side of the hotel. The higher floors are better. You also will want one with a lower number ie 616, vs 621..because they are closer to the water. A "suite" just means you have a sm couch in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Erica K
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Erica K, we would like to thank you for being a return guest and for providing us with your feedback. As a return guest we hate to see that your stay was disappointing. We certainly will pass along your comments to our team to reevaluate our protocols to prevent similar situations. We hope that despite this you could give us another chance.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our assigned room was on the 9th floor right next to the elevator. We immediately noticed the elevator noise when placing our luggage in our room and immediately returned to the front desk to request a different room. The hotel was overbooked so we had to sleep in that room. I was awakened by the elevator noise at 1:58 a.m. and 3 more times before 6 a.m. It sounded like a vacuum cleaner being turned on and off. The management upgraded us to a new room on the 10th floor. The elevator noise was no longer an issue for sleeping, but I could still hear it in the background throughout the day.

Another problem was that the first room's refrigerator wasn't working properly. Maintenance came quickly and fiddled with the temperature dial and felt that it was now functional. I checked it at 6 am and discovered that it was not working, smelled, and spoiled our food. Management gave us $50 food and beverage credit to compensate us for this issue.

Needless to say, this was not the relaxing, enjoyable start to my vacation that I expected.

We did enjoy the lovely beach and complimentary beach chairs each day. It never felt crowded as the Hilton has a large beach area and does not crowd the chairs close together. It was great for walking. (bring proper shoes for walking on small shells)

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from 4 restaurants. This is a popular spot so make a dinner reservation to avoid a long wait.

The pool is small, noisy, and full of children. Only one small hot tub.

Self-parking is $10 per day with plenty of spaces.

Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

However, all of those positives do not make up for the inability to get a good night's sleep due to elevator noises.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevators as possible. Perhaps lower floors may be quieter than the 9th and 10th floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MICritic55

Dear MICritic55, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are sorry about the elevator noise and refrigerator, we understand that when our guests come they want to relax and this should not be something to deal with on a vacation. We hope that we could make up for these inconveniences in the future, and provide you with the best experience.