“Paradise”

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just returned from a visit to the HIlton Marco Island. We enjoyed a seamlessly perfect vacation at a superbly run resort. Since our last stay, the hotel has undergone renovations and updating. The rooms have been redone in a contemporary coastal spa sort of theme; the bathrooms now feature a large, glass enclosed shower instead of the previous tub/shower combination. There was a lovely supply of spa toiletries provided, along with a very generous supply of big, thick towels.
Each staff person we encountered provided a level of service that was highly professional and competent, friendly without being cloying. I mentioned this in my previous review of the Marco Hilton but it bears repeating: the hallmark of a well-managed hotel is a low rate of staff turnover. Some of the staff have been working at the Hilton since our very first visit 22 years ago.
The concierges were wonderful; Tina in particular went above and beyond by arranging a very special anniversary celebration for my husband and me.
We once stayed at the larger hotel several doors down from the Hilton and do not understand its appeal. Why stay at an overgrown, more plastic facility when one can stay at the much more luxe, warm and personal Hilton?

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues ask for a room close to the elevator; the hotel corridors are quite long...
3  Thank AndiCNJ
Write a ReviewReviews (3,044)

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Staying here again. Have been upgraded to deluxe room. Delightful subtle hues, new furniture including on the balcony. This time of year in between thanksgiving and Christmas I find perfect as it is so quiet. Magical sunsets on demand at 5.30pm. Be warned though unless paying for front gulf view you won't see any sun or sunset from your balcony on pool view side at this of year. Choose tennis court view in november and you have it all!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank FromNorthNorfolkUK
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear NorthNorfolkUK,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are glad you like our new rooms.
We absolutely agree with you - November/December is such a wonderful time to visit this area - perfect weather!
We hope to see you again at the same time next year!

Kind regards,
Rizwan Ansari
Rooms Division Director

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel itself is very well kept, it has been recently updated. Th ac worked great, new carpet in room , beds relatively comfortable...I asked for another overlay for the mattress which helped, and a good temperature for the pool. The staff at this hotel was great all the way through from check in to check out, house keeping was very thorough and the beach area was nice...there are alot of broken shells on the beach, like it has been recently dredged so if you are going wear sandals while walking on the beach.

Now here are the faults with the marco island hilton that prevent me from calling it a resort. First, the fact that they add fees for parking 10 per day, internet in room 10 per day, tennis courts 15 per hour, breakfast bar 25 per adult, plus you are forced to eat every meal out because there is no feasible way to make any sort of meal in your room. They do have a small fride that may fit 6 cans of soda inside and an ice bucket, aside from that there is nothing. They do have a pool side restaurant which you are forced to use for lunch because once you are on Marco Island is it a 20 minute drive to civilization...no chain restaurants on the island only local joints and those are always hit and miss. Eating lunch there was a solid 40 dollars for 2 kids meals, and a chicken finger basket....awesome. However they do offer valet parking,....so if you are looking to waste additional money and not walk 15 feet from the parking lot to your car that fee is also available :)

There is a "resort " in Fort Myers at the north end of Fort Myers beach that is a resort, the room prices were the same as this place, they do not charge extra for parking or internet use, they have a small kitchinette in every room, plus breakfast is free for 2 adutls every morining, and every room at the resort is direct ocean front, hat place is a resort. My family wanted to try somewhere different this time, the hotel was nice just not what we are used to when it comes to ammenities. Will stick to Fort Myers beach or lido beach.

Room Tip: There are only a few direct beach front rooms, all the others are on the side of the building, so as...
4  Thank ghvacation
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend on Marco Island and chose the Hilton because I was able to use points for a free night. We had never been to the island, but do travel quite a bit and have been on the southern Gulf Coast of Florida a number of times. The hotel was recently renovated, so its appearance was excellent. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and also went the extra mile for us. The staff reached out prior to our visit on multiple occasions via email to ensure our visit was pleasant. I let them know we were their for a special occasion, so they were thoughtful enough to surprise us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on our first night. This was a great touch and showed the kind of personal service you want when you are on a pleasure trip. The property is located on a beautiful stretch of beach and walking distance from dining and shopping. I would stay here again without hesitation.

2  Thank frankmarc
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This has been the worst hotel ever. Service and staff are horrible. They lost our reservation, told us they had just redone the rooms and I paid for a water view. They gave me a room overlooking another hotel, the ac did not work and the rooms are out dated and dirty. Tried the pool side bar and after three drinks each and chicken fingers, I got a bill for $110.00. I would NEVER EVER stay here or any other Hilton Hotel again. I wanted to give Hilton a try as I normally stay at Marriot Hotels. Well I have never been so disappointed and treated so lousy in my life.

Room Tip: Do not ever go here!
6  Thank 4beng

I’m truly sorry for the disappointing experience you had. We understand how important first impressions can be lasting impressions. We clearly dropped the ball this time. I’m working with our front desk staff to review our current operations and I’ve addressed your feedback with them. Unfriendly service is not typical or tolerated at our hotel. We are also addressing this issue. If you have any other comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warm regards,

Rizwan Ansari,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Mediocre hotel, dirty dishes in hall and staff is slightly friendly. Exorbiant incidental holds, nice ocean view and decent location. Construction is going on, not bothersome though. The beach its self is incredible, most shells of any beach.

1  Thank James W
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We were currently going through renovations and are excited that our rooms and bathrooms have been completely remodeled. We’ve addressed the housekeeping concerns and will review our current incidental rates with our team. If you have any suggestions on what would make you have a phenomenal experience, we would love to hear it. Please feel free to contact us at, Rizwan.ansari@hilton.com

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a review of the Hilton Resort, on Marco Island. Before I start, however, I wanted everyone to be aware of Condo Rentals on Marco Island.

I had made a reservation to stay at Sunset on the Gulf, a four Tower Condo. Because of a permanent back/leg issue, I had my agent make sure that the property was located "right on the beach" because I couldn't walk far. My agent telephoned the realty company that leased/rented units for owners. She was told and I was given the information that the particular Tower we were booked in was on the beach. This turned out to be a total misrepresentation as the property was several hundred yards from the beach. Anyway, always ask, make sure. In the end, you might be better off staying at a known resort.

Wm wife, daughter and I arrived at Marco Island on Saturday, around 1:30PM, after taking off at 5:30 AM from Philadelphia. Because of the circumstances described above, we had to scurry around to find a place to stay. There are only 3 resorts on Marco Island; the rest being high rise condos, etc. Fortunately, the Hilton was able to give us a room.

The setting of the Hilton is very nice, an almost tropical setting. Directly outside the lobby is a large, heated swimming pool, with plenty of lounge chairs. Right off of the pool is a great pool-side restaurant that serves above-average food at reasonable 'hotel prices'. From the restaurant, a very short walk on a small boardwalk drops you onto the beach. This is a gorgeous beach, nice and wide with sand that doesn't heat up in the warm sun. Beach lounge chairs are free, but a beach umbrella will set you back $10.00/day. Although not known for shelling, the beach is quite filled with sea-shells of all varieties; best time to shell is right after high tide.

The room we were given was quite large, about 425 square feet, with two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. Despite there being three of us, we never got into each other's way and were quite comfortable throughout our stay.Housekeeping was prompt and did a thorough job of cleaning the room.

The rooms are set in a diagonal way and each room has a pretty good view of the gulf from your balcony. By the way, DO NOT MISS THE SUNSETS....They are spectacular.

I was extremely impressed with the service. Whether for more towels and pillows, or to check on the sir-conditioning, it seemed that someone was knocking on our door within 5 minutes of the request being made. Moreover, we received a phone call shortly thereafter, making sure we were satisfied that our request was fulfilled. In all my stays at various hotels/resorts, this is the first time I have ever experienced this level of service and customer satisfaction. No matter what time of day, every staff member you passed had a pleasant word for you. Hard to believe, but true.

The only negative thing I have to point out was the way our hotel rate was structured. We arrived on a Saturday and were given a rate of $199/night for 3 days. After that, the rate went up to $299.00/night. When I questioned why, I was told that the hotel was 100% booked for a conference. I didn't think that this was any sort of reason to raise the rate by $100/night, but I kept my mouth shut as this was the only game in town.

Overall, a great experience....And we were told that we came had a good time. So a word of advice...During season, the island crawls with traffic. The population more than triples.

I believe that you will find the Hilton to be everything that I reviewed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that was closes to the elevator. Try to get a room at the end of the hall. Bet...
1  Thank gao1014
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!