3,068 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire staffgreat resortlounge chairsbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend on Marco Island and chose the Hilton because I was able to use points for a free night. We had never been to the island, but do travel quite a bit and have been on the southern Gulf Coast of Florida a number of times. The hotel was recently renovated, so its appearance was excellent. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and also went the extra mile for us. The staff reached out prior to our visit on multiple occasions via email to ensure our visit was pleasant. I let them know we were their for a special occasion, so they were thoughtful enough to surprise us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on our first night. This was a great touch and showed the kind of personal service you want when you are on a pleasure trip. The property is located on a beautiful stretch of beach and walking distance from dining and shopping. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frankmarc
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This has been the worst hotel ever. Service and staff are horrible. They lost our reservation, told us they had just redone the rooms and I paid for a water view. They gave me a room overlooking another hotel, the ac did not work and the rooms are out dated and dirty. Tried the pool side bar and after three drinks each and chicken fingers, I got a bill for $110.00. I would NEVER EVER stay here or any other Hilton Hotel again. I wanted to give Hilton a try as I normally stay at Marriot Hotels. Well I have never been so disappointed and treated so lousy in my life.

Room Tip: Do not ever go here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 4beng
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I’m truly sorry for the disappointing experience you had. We understand how important first impressions can be lasting impressions. We clearly dropped the ball this time. I’m working with our front desk staff to review our current operations and I’ve addressed your feedback with them. Unfriendly service is not typical or tolerated at our hotel. We are also addressing this issue. If you have any other comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warm regards,

Rizwan Ansari,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Mediocre hotel, dirty dishes in hall and staff is slightly friendly. Exorbiant incidental holds, nice ocean view and decent location. Construction is going on, not bothersome though. The beach its self is incredible, most shells of any beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James W
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We were currently going through renovations and are excited that our rooms and bathrooms have been completely remodeled. We’ve addressed the housekeeping concerns and will review our current incidental rates with our team. If you have any suggestions on what would make you have a phenomenal experience, we would love to hear it. Please feel free to contact us at, Rizwan.ansari@hilton.com

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a review of the Hilton Resort, on Marco Island. Before I start, however, I wanted everyone to be aware of Condo Rentals on Marco Island.

I had made a reservation to stay at Sunset on the Gulf, a four Tower Condo. Because of a permanent back/leg issue, I had my agent make sure that the property was located "right on the beach" because I couldn't walk far. My agent telephoned the realty company that leased/rented units for owners. She was told and I was given the information that the particular Tower we were booked in was on the beach. This turned out to be a total misrepresentation as the property was several hundred yards from the beach. Anyway, always ask, make sure. In the end, you might be better off staying at a known resort.

Wm wife, daughter and I arrived at Marco Island on Saturday, around 1:30PM, after taking off at 5:30 AM from Philadelphia. Because of the circumstances described above, we had to scurry around to find a place to stay. There are only 3 resorts on Marco Island; the rest being high rise condos, etc. Fortunately, the Hilton was able to give us a room.

The setting of the Hilton is very nice, an almost tropical setting. Directly outside the lobby is a large, heated swimming pool, with plenty of lounge chairs. Right off of the pool is a great pool-side restaurant that serves above-average food at reasonable 'hotel prices'. From the restaurant, a very short walk on a small boardwalk drops you onto the beach. This is a gorgeous beach, nice and wide with sand that doesn't heat up in the warm sun. Beach lounge chairs are free, but a beach umbrella will set you back $10.00/day. Although not known for shelling, the beach is quite filled with sea-shells of all varieties; best time to shell is right after high tide.

The room we were given was quite large, about 425 square feet, with two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. Despite there being three of us, we never got into each other's way and were quite comfortable throughout our stay.Housekeeping was prompt and did a thorough job of cleaning the room.

The rooms are set in a diagonal way and each room has a pretty good view of the gulf from your balcony. By the way, DO NOT MISS THE SUNSETS....They are spectacular.

I was extremely impressed with the service. Whether for more towels and pillows, or to check on the sir-conditioning, it seemed that someone was knocking on our door within 5 minutes of the request being made. Moreover, we received a phone call shortly thereafter, making sure we were satisfied that our request was fulfilled. In all my stays at various hotels/resorts, this is the first time I have ever experienced this level of service and customer satisfaction. No matter what time of day, every staff member you passed had a pleasant word for you. Hard to believe, but true.

The only negative thing I have to point out was the way our hotel rate was structured. We arrived on a Saturday and were given a rate of $199/night for 3 days. After that, the rate went up to $299.00/night. When I questioned why, I was told that the hotel was 100% booked for a conference. I didn't think that this was any sort of reason to raise the rate by $100/night, but I kept my mouth shut as this was the only game in town.

Overall, a great experience....And we were told that we came had a good time. So a word of advice...During season, the island crawls with traffic. The population more than triples.

I believe that you will find the Hilton to be everything that I reviewed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that was closes to the elevator. Try to get a room at the end of the hall. Better gulf view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gao1014
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just spent four nights at the Hilton Marco Island as part of a medical conference. We found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable, with lots of little extras that we appreciated. The conference facilities, food, and staff attention to detail were top-notch.
The rooms were quiet and the bed was sooo very comfy. We didn't get to use the spa this time around, but heard great reviews, and prices seemed reasonable for a resort. The pool was nice and clean, with plenty of beach chairs. The beach is only a few feet from the hotel, and is well-kept and easy to walk in both directions from the hotel.
We took an Eco-Tour, which we recommend. Included on the tour were an airboat ride, guided bus tour, visit to an animal farm, and a short nature walk. The wildlife (birds galore, gators, and snakes [behind glass] were beautiful and fascinating. We definitely weren't in Texas, Toto.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business