Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marco Island(Marco Island)
  • Beachfront
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Marco Resort and Club(Marco Island)
Average 3/5
3,064 results
All reviewsacross the streetjunior suitean umbrellagulf viewpool areatennis courtsbreakfast buffetper daymovie theaterself parkinggreat poolthe entire stafflounge chairsgreat resortbeach resortlittle priceyspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We spent our last two nights at this property over the weekend. Absolutely not impressed from the time we entered the guarded driveway. First, we were not told that the onsite parking was $10 per day for self park and $14 per day for valet. Not a huge deal on Marco Island, but it should have been mentioned when we recieved our confirmation information.
The front desk clerk wasn't very forthcomming with information, as I asked to be placed in a King room, but when I came back from the car after retreiving some information, I was never told that we were not given a King room. How can a Hilton property just have full size beds in their "Junior Suites"?? Yes, the room was big, although on the 2nd floor facing the Marriott Cryltal Shores time share property, but full size beds. On top of that they were not comfortable at all.
On a gross inspection, the room looked to be fairly clean, but the remote control look as if it hadn't been cleaned in a year, so we weren't taking any chances with it or the phone until we cleaned them both. Then there was the silver dollar sized blood stain on the carpet next to the unused bed. You've go to be kidding me!! What the heck is housekeeping doing here?? Obviously there is no supervisory staff checking rooms after they are "cleaned". If there is, I believe the should find a new line of work!! No excuses for any of the above.
The only good thing is we only had to try to sleep in these rooms. We spent the rest of our days at another property. The pool is way too small for a 300+ room hotel. They give you "Towel Cards" for use in obtaining pool towels, but reading the back of one states that if not returned upon check out, you are changed $25 per card. Plus they never asked for them at check out. I gave the to the clerk and told her that I certainly didn't want to get charged for them.
Frankly, there are lots better and less expensive places to stay on the island. Heck, I'd pay more to stay in a better place than this place. Their 2010 renovations can't come too soon!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel where they appreciate your business.
2  Thank Conwayangel
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great sunset view from the restaraunt downstairs (good food), clean rooms, comfortable beds, right on the beach... we thought this place was perfect and would have given it 5 stars but compared to the Marriott a couple doors down, their restaraunt is right on the beach with live music and even better pools. Like most Florida service we had, the service was unimpressive either way (not bad, not outstanding)

Room Tip: At the public boat ramp right down the street you may see dolphin swimming right in the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank lakechiro
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a delightful stay at this premium beach-front property on Marco Island. We were celebrating a big anniversary. The hotel offered to upgrade, but to a room with two double beds. We kept our original reservation for a king, and we were glad we did. The room was very large and all rooms (at least above the 3rd floor) have either a partial or nearly full view of the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel is being renovated in December of 2012, but the property is in great shape. We didn't find the decor that old looking. The bed was amazing, and the bathroom was very well equipped. There is a nice pool; three different dining options from casual to fancy, and a Starbucks counter off the lobby that is opened in the mornings. The beach is well maintained. Chairs are free, but the hotel charges $18/day for the use of an umbrella. I'm not into spending that kind of money, so we went to the local Wal Mart and bought a beach umbrella for $9 and it worked just fine. One of the staff even bored a hole in the sand for us one day.

Other things that were extra included internet (if you wanted it in your room; about $10/day). Parking was also $10/day and more for valet, but the lot is not that big and I can't imagine who would need to have their car valet'ed but I can guess there would be guests used to that level of service.

I read another review complaining about the Fire alarm that sounded. It was 7:47 am. Big deal! It was a false alarm, and the hotel system is VERY effecient. The manager had apology letters under the doors within the hour. I would rather know the hotel is safe than to complain on this website about it! How ridiculous!

As to the food; we did not eat at the hotel, other than a WONDERFUL room service breakfast on our anniversary. Everything we done to perfection. I honestly think some people just love to complain about things. There are numerous other restaurants directly across the street, and we ate there a few times, as well as other places on and off the Island.

This hotel was literally about half the price of the Marriott. We've stayed at the Marriott, and it's very nice; quite nice as a matter of fact, but for the money, you couldn't beat the Hilton.

"Resort" is a stretch at these properties. There isn't really anything "resort" as in activities, etc unless you pay BIG BUCKS. A 1/2 hour seadoo ride is $90. A 12-minute parasail is also $90. Prices go up from there. We just enjoyed lounging by the beach and reading our books.

All in all; a delightful stay and I would go back; with or without the renovation. I can imagine the prices will go up once the reno is completed. The artist sketches look amazing, and it will be great to see it completed.

Tip: Be aware that almost EVERY restaurant is CLOSED on Monday evening! The DaVinci across from the hotel was opened, and we ate there twice. Read my review, but it was AMAZING!

If you found this review helpful, vote below! Thanks!

Room Tip: Something higher that the 3rd floor; closer to the front (beach) of the property. All rooms do have a partial view of the gulf. I never heard any noise whatsoever. There is a small bar fridge in the room, and a mini-coffee maker.
12  Thank VACanuck
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in late May. We were not expecting too much after reading the numerous reviews. However, while we do agree that the rooms are in dire need of up-grading, it was a very pleasant experience. Please note that renovations are being planned for the near future. Most importantly, our room was very clean. The location of the hotel is wonderful. The pool is great. The down side is the daily parking fee..why?? And, the umbrella rental fee...really?? The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. We would make a return visit to this property.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I went the first weekend of June with my girlfriend. Everything was great except for 2 things. We enjoyed the accessibility of the beach and the resort pool. I have 2 complaints. Our "gulf view" was ruined the ugly tennis courts to the south of the hotel. it was difficult to enjoy the balcony.

Secondly, and more importantly. I had a plan to surprise my girlfriend with breakfast in bed and champagne on Sunday morning. I also planned on asking her to marry me. I had the champagne on ice, the ring ready, and breakfast ordered from room service. Not a second after placing my room service order, the fire alarm went off. MY girlfriend woke up in a panic and saw everything i had set up. She was happy, but it didn’t go as planned. After getting dressed and going down stairs to find out that some moron exterminator tripped the alarm, I decided to wait on the proposal. I will ask in Virginia next month.

I was surprised that no compensation was made. I paid $180.00 a night to be interrupted by a fire alarm at 7:30am.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the pool side. That way you wont have to look at their ugly Tennis Court