“Hidden Gem”

Philly Grille
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Only the "freshest" ingredients used to make our Soups, Salads, Sandwiches and Flatbreads. Now offering Pasta and Platter Specials Nightly. Casual dining, serving wine and beer. Menu is Vegan and Vegetarian friendly.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Small and tucked away,probably one of the best restaurants on Marco. When recommended by the locals,you know it must be good. Very personable,courteous and knowledgeable wait staff. Always bring visiting guests as never disappointed. Might not have a water view,but has everything else in spades!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had the lobster salad with greens and cornbread and my partner had the breaded eggplant and roasted veggie salad. The owners, Guy and Lisa, say everything is the freshest. It's pretty obvious that everything is pre-made, not fresh. The eggplant was squishy, not freshly made. The lobster salad was OK, but when I asked that corn be omitted from the salad part, I was told it was already made so no customizing. Won't go here again. The cornbread was heavy, little taste, and definitely not fresh. For the money, I would expect more. The servers are nice, the service was fast, and we ate outside on a nice day. It's in the parking lot, but it's nice to be outside. So those are the good points, but all in all a very mediocre experience.

phillygrille, Owner at Philly Grille, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and letting us know about your experience. We are very proud and stand by our motto that everything is made fresh daily and we do not prepare menu items in advance. The lobster salad is made to order and the roasted corn could have easily been eliminated. You were misinformed by the server in saying it could not, the salad is assembled at the time the order is placed. This has been addressed and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our eggplant salad is made with fried eggplant, fresh house made mozzarella, mixed greens, house roasted peppers and balsamic /olive oil drizzle. This may have changed the texture, however, by no means made in advanced. We ensure our products are made daily and the freshest ingredients are used to ensure a great dining experience. We take all comments very seriously and would have appreciated the opportunity to have made your experience with us more enjoyable. Thank you again! All our best!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I am beginning to think no one wants to write anything negative about any place they eat. And pity the poor person who gives a bad review and the owner of the restaurant replies to you and berates you for complaining. Look at the Marco reviews--everything is "very good", well maybe not the McDonalds. With that said how does this get a #4 rating on TripAdvisor? I have been here 3 times. It is not a dining experience that I think of as "eating out". It is a hamburger, sandwich place. The flatbread/pizza's aren't that great (Seasons 52, a chain has the best flatbread pizza's), the sandwiches are OK, fries are extra $, the salads are a meal and are decent. It is not exceptional food, it is food you can make the same at home. It is a place to "get a burger and beer". The place is clean, the servers great, but don't go here expecting anything more than a sandwich shop in a strip mall.

1  Thank Maria35
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at Philly Grille, but as is sit to write this review I realize I don't recall what I ate, which is never a sign of a remarkable meal. That's said, the service was great, the vibe was nice and I know we went home satisfied. Philly Grille is in a small strip mall on the main drive, but well away from the beach or any of the waterways. I'm guessing that it is a family place and that everyone working was related or a family friend. We were treated well and checked on several times. As I recall, I had the special of veal meatballs and ravioli. Again, it was good but did not stand out. The price was reasonable for Marco. You could spend a lot more for a lesser dining experience.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Great food, attentive service in a family-owned restaurant.

They also took my son to their kitchen to personally compliment the chef.

WE WILL BE BACK!!!!