“Impressive”

Empire Bagel Factory
Ranked #30 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Description: Empire Bagel has been serving delicious bagels on Marco Island since 1992. We are a specialty bakery offering a variety of bagels, pastries, muffins and a huge Boars Head lunch-meat and cheese line. Come check us out!
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a bagel maven !
These are not New York Bagels or even Jersey Bagels, but third place goes to Empire Bagel of Marco Island.

Very Good bagels and a good wide variety; Sesame, Poppy, Rye, Plain, Everything, Cinnamon Raisin and more. If you're used to the crud you get at Dunkin', Einstein, Panera, treat yourself to a real bagel!

Depending on the day of the week, the later you arrive the variety gets smaller.

Aside from very good bagels, the women who work there are terrific--polite and friendly.

1  Thank HowieW W

Reviewed June 10, 2013

While on an extended work vacation on Marco, the wife and I have had the chance to have the bagels from Empire on severl occasions. First let me say that the staff is always very friendly and helpful when you go there. Reall nice people!!
As for the bagels, the are extremely large for one, and pretty good. No, there not exactly New York City quality bagels by any means, but a very good alternative, especially since your in Marco Island, not Brooklyn or Queens. The bagels probably have the most amount of toppings I have ever seen, so on that score they are a big winner. My only complaint is that the pumpernickle is not as flavorfull as I've had eslewhere, but that's minor. They are still good.

Overall we would highly recommend this place if you are looking for good bagels on the island.

1  Thank Conwayangel
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Found this bagel place too late in our two week trip. Never should have bought the grocery store bagels and wish I had just run over there each morning for a fresh bagel. Stopped in one day at the end of our trip (no more groceries left) after the end of an early morning walk. No fancy coffee, but the standard coffee was good and the croissant blossom one of the best things I've ever eaten. Really wanted another one before I left. My husband had a bagel and bought some to take home. They were huge and he said very very good bagels. The woman working was very chatty and friendly and gave us tips on the area.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Overall we were very pleased with Empire Bagels. The woman who took our order was very nice and the bagels themselves were great. My husband had a bacon, egg and cheese and said it was very good. If you are looking for a quick breakfast, you won't be let down here.

1  Thank KNick8
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The bagels are baked fresh each morning. There are at least 17 different types. Get there EARLY (8am) because they sell out quickly!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

3  Thank RitzMary