“Very Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You can find good reviews and thei menu on Urban Spoon
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The service was terrific. I had the pasta with sausage and brocolo rape with galic and olive oil-so delicious! My hussband had the special stuffed meatloaf. It was good, but we were surprised that it was $20. (No entrees on the regular menu are much over 17). their desserts were fabulous. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Staff is always friendly and pleasant! This was my second visit. I ordered a very delicious, well priced Caesar Salad with chicken and Lasagna. Davide's is my favorite lasagna on the island and this is the second time I've had it. Always wonderful. Restaurant is conveniently located and beautiful inside.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had lunch at Davide during a recent vacation on Marco Island. Our dining experiences to this point had been lackluster to say the least. This is a small restaurant in a strip mall and we weren't sure what to expect but then we saw a group of men at an outside table drinking coffee and conversing in Italian. We took that as a good sign and took an outside table as well. Our pizza was fabulous, with lots of prosciutto, arugula and shaved Parmesan. My little boy had penne with marinara, which was fresh tasting and good. The service was friendly and attentive. I wish Davide's was in my hometown!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We shared the cold antipasto and a Zuppa de Pesce special. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The antipasto was apparently prepared to order with fresh ingredients since the plate was room temperature - one of my pet peeves is a salad plate that arrives at the table straight from the refrigerator. That tells me that it was prepared earlier and held in the refrigerator!

The bread they serve is focaccia-style and comes with a nice tapenade for dipping.

The Zuppa de Pesce ("fish soup") was very good and had a nice marinara-style base and good chunks of fish, shrimp, and calamari. Very well prepared.

The only issue I have with Davide is price in relation to portion size. A glass of house Chianti is reasonable at $6.50, but a little split of Proseco was $11! The Zuppa de Pesce special was $24 and served in a small bowl. To me, that was excessive for the portion which was just slightly larger than appetizer size. In fact, I noticed our server looking at this small bowl and pausing as she picked it up from the kitchen. Yes, Marco is an upscale island, but the prices here seem about 10-20% higher than they need to be for the portions served.

Overall, a very nice little place with friendly staff and owners, good food, and comfortable surroundings. We'll definitely dine there again!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This restaurant offers a quality alternative to some of the higher priced restaurants on the island.
The entrees are well prepared but lack in size. Davide could put a little more pasta on the plate as it costs him less than $1 a pound....
The real attraction here is the Pizza~ This is the BEST on the island.