“Good time for the whole family”

Six Chuter Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Sportfish the 10,000 Islands and the Gulf of Mexico with Six Chuter Charters. Located on Marco Island just minutes south of Naples. We offer an exciting day on the water wether you are a novice or an experienced fisherman. Also offering trips for the whole family, fishing, shelling, sightseeing, dolphin and manatee watching. We guarantee fish.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Good time for the whole family”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 days this week with six chuter charters. We wanted two days fishing and one day shelling/sightseeing and left it up to the guide to determine which days would be best for each.
We were with Captain Steve for all three days and we couldn't have asked for a better guide. Day one was offshore and by the end of the trip my arms and shoulders ached from hauling in fish. Not a lot of keepers this time out but lots of fun.
The next trip was backwater. We caught a lot more "keepers" this time out. We had my seven year old daughter along this time and Steve was a great teacher in saltwater fishing. By the end of the day she was no longer a fishing novice and was catching more fish than me and her grandfather combined (a fact that she continues to remind us of almost hourly). Steve is now one of her heroes. We caught about a dozen or so species of fish and ended up with enough spanish mackerel, snapper, and trout for a feast for the whole family. Steve recommended a great local restaurant that cooked our catch.
The third day was shelling. On the way out and back we saw manatee, wild boars, raccoons and all sorts of seabirds. Steve was a great guide for the local wildlife. We also had dolphins riding in our wake for a lot of the journey. As for the shelling we had a nine mile stretch of beach to ourselves for most of the morning and came back with bags full of shells.

Springfield, Virginia
“Great Fishing”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving week on Marco Island. We contacted Captain Shuan with Six Chuter Charters to do some backwater fishing. Got up the morning of the fishing and it was pretty chilly out. I was concerned due to the fact we did not have very warm clothes packed and I had my wife and two young sons along. Not a worry... Captain Shuan had blankets for us so while traveling to the various fishing spots we were comfortable. My wife brought a book along to read but never opened it. The captain handed her a pole and she almost immediately got a hit. She never put the pole down after that. We caught 14 different kinds of fish. The poles were always bent over and sometimes we had three fish on at a time. We caught 14 nice keepers that the captain cleaned and deboned for us. We took half the fish to a local restaurant that cooked our fish to order two nights in a row and could not eat all we had. I usually spend all my time baiting hooks, untangling lines and taking fish off. The captain did all this and I actually got to fish also. The boat was ultra clean, the captain was professional, courteous, and helpful. Overall a great time.

Visited November 2012
Naples, Florida
“Fishing with highschool friends”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Captain "uncle" Steve is a great captain and very knowledgeable.We had a great day of fishing and had my 7 year old daughter hook in to a 26 1/2 inch 9lb Red. Thanks again Steve and we will be back.

Visited September 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fished Twice Six Chuter”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I may many positives to write about Six Chuter and our guide Rob. We went twice our plan was deep sea one day, back water the second trip. Upon arrival for deep sea (company had called and forewarned us as well, nice touch), Rob the guide indicated it would be to rough and would not be enjoyable. Although disappointed, we took his advice, we back water fished and caught 11 varieties of fish. Lots of action, and Rob took care of the 4 kids. The second day we had planned back water and we stuck with that plan. After our first day experience, I set the bar high, Rob tempered expectations, didn't tide, different cloud cover, wind changed. Can't predict anything. Versus other trips I have gone on, where the guides will tell you anything to get you on the boat, Rob was honest. My wife was with and 3 kids this day. Loved it. 12 different fish, 50 to 60 catches total. Seen a lot of back country. Rob was very knowledgable on the eco system, types of fish, tides, real estate market. It was just a good experience. It was a situation you trust your guide, we did and it worked out very well.

Visited October 2012
Barrie, Canada
“Awesome morning!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Cptn. Steve was knowledgable and hilarious!! We caught the grands slam combo of fish this morning- trout, red fish and a 33 inch snook! A great time was had by all! We will definately be back for another round the next time we come back to Marco island!! Picks to come soon!

Visited August 2012