“Interesting for 15 minutes”
Review of Keewaydin Island

Keewaydin Island
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I'm not into shelling. LOTS of shells, so if that's your thing, it's a nice visit. I did like it for a lunch stop (picnic) and a swim in the Gulf.

1  Thank PLC17
There are newer reviews for Keewaydin Island

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is also a wonderful place to go and see. When we pulled up the star fish were just swimming around. I have never seen that before.

1  Thank DesireeT28
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Keewaydin Island is an amazing place to visit by boat. Not only is the scenery gorgeous, but so is the atmosphere. Other boaters are always playing music, being friendly, and having a good time.

My group of friends and I will boat out there with some sandwiches and drinks, listen to music, suntan, fish, and walk the beach. Last year we went after a storm and I found 5 or 6 sand-dollars, not counting the two or three I gave away to some kids.

1  Thank lostsdiscoverer
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The shells are so plentiful, it's insane. I have to limit my kids as to how many we can take back with us so that we don't sink the boat (or pay double for our suitcases). The swimming on the one side is totally protected and wonderful for little kids. The swimming on the other side of the island has gorgeous waves and is awesome for walking and shelling. Whether or not it's quiet depends on the time of year. We were there in February and it was quite busy, we were there in April and had it almost entirely to ourselves. It's a short boat ride from Isle of Capri Marina and we almost always see dolphins on the trip over and back. We bring a picnic and our own chairs, but we have seen a "food boat" (kind of like a food truck?) moored near the island as well - so I think that you can actually buy food there during high season. We think picnicking is the best avenue though since I'm not sure a "food boat" has regular ours. There's also blind pass another nearby shelling island that is also a wonderful spot by boat.

3  Thank Lizzie L
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A group of us came over on a rented boat to enjoy time on the "quiet, deserted beach" on a Sunday afternoon. When we arrived, the place was packed with partiers! Once we found a spot to beach our boat, we were able to walk along what did become a largely vacant beach. This is soft white sand, with no houses. When we left we all agreed it had been worth the time to get there and the hassle of finding our spot. Tip: Get There Early!! Tip 2: Take some extra food and beverages to share with the other boaters.