“Slow Day of Fishing”

Make a Memory Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for the perfect Marco Island, Everglades National Park or Ten Thousand Islands sport fishing charter to catch tarpon, shark, snook, redfish or snapper? When fishing memories count, you want to have a full-time experienced fishing guide. Captain Bill Jones, a 20 year resident familiar with the waters of Marco Island, Everglades National Park and the 10,000 Islands of SW Florida, provides private fishing charters to the novice and the experienced angler alike! Children welcome.
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our second time out with Captain Bill. We had previously fished with him in March, 2010. In his defense, he moved the boat several times trying to find a honey hole but it just never happened. In 4 hours, our boat caught 9 fish total and half of them were salt water catfish that are too poisonous to even bring into boat.
While I consider myself to be a fairly good fresh water fisherman, I struggled as a salt water fisherman during the summer months in Marco. The summer fishing season in Marco demands that bigger reels and rods are used (reference to Shimano 4000 series as an example). Between the bigger equipment and the use of the minnows, it was simply a type of fishing that I was unaccostomed to. Further, while I like catching fish, I don't like going fishing with little results. This kind of fishing was not for people with little patience.
I happen to like Captain Bill and while I will go back and fish in the Marco area again during the spring, I will not come back for the summer season. I will leave it for people with considerable more experience than me.

All reviews
"marco"
"boat"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I wanted to give my wife a fishing trip and new gear for her birthday and keep it a surprise captn bill was kind enough to let me drop the gear off to him the day before. When we got on the boat he had bows on it and rigged for her to use that day not many captains would do that the wife was thrilled so I was already happy.
Then we headed out in just a few minutes we were at our fishing spot and my wife had a nice redfish on the line and I had a beautiful black mangrove oops a few fishing tips from bill and I had a nice trout.
We had non stop bites 3 big snook 2 redfish 1 was massive we had an awesome time I highly recommend bill especially since he was so patient when I was catching my 3 black mangroves and will Definatly book with him again

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I wanted to give my wife who loves fishing a day of fishing with new gear I met with capt bill the day before so the new gear would be on the boat (keeping it all a surprise) when we got on the boat he had it all set with bows an all , we got out to the fishing spot and we had redfish and snook in 20 mins big ones too I wasn't doin so great with my casting but bill gave me some tips and I started catching fish instead of mangroves . I highly recommend this tour and will rebook this tour again .

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was my second time out with Captain Bill in as many years. We vacation down in Marco Island every June and I was looking for a reliable fishing guide who could take me to where the fish are. Captain Bill was very knowledgeable of the region and the fish it has to offer. I caught snook, trout, jack crevalle and mackerel. Some not so great catches were salt water catfish and a 30lb stingray that was a real treat to fight/real in. We caught 13 fish within the first hour and about 6 fish every hour after that for a grand total of 31 fish and one stingray. On a half day trip (4hrs), you really can't ask for more than that. If you want to catch fish of all kinds and sizes, I highly recommend Captain Bill. You will not be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The captain was rude and condescending. He frequently yelled at my children if they did not reel the line correctly.Other fishing boats looked larger and more comfortable.

1  Thank family411
captbjones, Owner at Make a Memory Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your fishing excursion. It can been frustrating for a captain, as well as the party fishing, when there are hits on the line and the customer has repeated opportunities to catch fish without reeling them in. Every captain wants success for their clients; I am no different.
With regard to the boat, I fish out of a fully rigged 21' Maverick Master Angler. This is clearly stated and pictured on my website. This size boat is considered a larger backwater boat and is representative of those used by fishing captain's in this area; it enables us to get into the shallow backwater. Any larger boat you might have seen would have been either a private boat or a boat handling offshore charters.

I do appreciate your feedback. I only wish you had expressed your concerns at the time of the charter so that I could have attempted to make your day a more enjoyable one.