“A great experience with Enterprise Charters”

Enterprise Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: "Enterprise" is the premiere charter vessel in the Marco Island area. In size, comfort, protection from the elements, restroom facilities and passenger amenities she has no equal. Our website details these, but our best testimonials come from continued repeat visits and referrals as evidenced by the real client reviews on this TripAdvisor site. We strive to provide your family and guests with the finest vessel possible and make the Marco Island fishing experience as entertaining as possible. It's a simple formula. One boat. One captain. A great fishing experience, one charter at a time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bradenton FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great experience with Enterprise Charters”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was visiting Marco Island on a research trip for an article I'm writing about the island for Pilot Getaways magazine.I went fishing for a half day with Capt. Rich. As a semi-retired fishing guide myself, I was especially impressed with the quality of his boat and gear. All were immaculately clean, well maintained and top notch quality.
The boat ride was extremely comfortable, with bathroom facilities and a salon inside for folks who wish to take a break from the hot sun. The guys put us on fish immediately. We caught many grouper and a mixed bag of other species. Rich was patient with my questions (ie: why did you choose this spot to fish? He thoroughly explained the history of the water, how the limestone bottom developed and how it obtained holes from rain--holes that grouper like to hide out in.)
First mate Russell was also very professional and had a great sense of humor. Especially enjoyed watching him hand feed a snook:-) A definite recommendation for anyone who wants a rod bending experience. I look forward to showcasing their services in Pilot Getaways magazine. Thanks guys and have a wonderful year.
Patricia Strutz

Mount Sterling, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exceeded My Expectations”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family and I went offshore fishing with Captain Rich on January 3. I have been backwater and deep sea fishing several times in various Caribbean locations as well as off Marco Island. This was the most fun I've had fishing. We caught Grouper left and right and even got one big enough to keep and eat at home! Captain Rich and his crew were very helpful in teaching us technique and keeping our lines baited so we could fish as much as possible and with success. The brochure is right that the bathroom is convenient and the cabin is comfortable. I was with my family, including my husband, and also my daughter, stepson, and my daughter's boyfriend who are all in their early twenties. Fun was had by all and we thank Captain Rich and his crew. I highly recommend this excursion.

2 Thank Sally S
MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't let the other reviews fool you..”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked my trip on the Enterprise based on reviews that I read on TripAdvisor, however, the next time we visit Marco Island, I will choose a different charter. The boat is nice, as well as the amenities, however the fishing was disappointing. The captain made comments to people in our party that were out of line and Russell was a bit condescending. They both focused their efforts on smaller fish and because of that, we left empty handed. The fish that we caught were fish that could have been caught on a backwater trip and def not a deep sea experience. Understandably, you are not guaranteed fish to bring home on any charter as many things play a part in the success, however I was more disappointed that the captain was perfectly fine with not bringing any fish back. One of the comments made by the captain was "why would you pay me 1000.00 to go out and catch fish that you can buy on the dock for much less". Next time I would rather give my money to someone that is a bit more passionate about fishing and would provide a much better experience.

4 Thank AshleeJust
captrich1, Owner at Enterprise Charters, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Enterprise Charters tries hard on every trip to provide the best possible fishing entertainment on any given day.My apologies for the reviewers half day fishing trip not living up to her expectations. Cold water during the winter months makes catching big grouper a problem, even at the 10 mile maximum run on a half day excursion. Unfortunately, on that day (Jan.2), we could not catch big enough grouper to satisfy the legal size requirements of the State of Florida. I hope that the disappointing results of this one trip will not sour the family on off-shore fishing in the Gulf, and that they will give it another chance next time down. Capt. Rich Russell of the "Enterprise".
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing Experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our first fishing trip as a family. Enterprise Charters was recommended to us - we decided on a half day excursion. The entire experience, from the great hospitality of Captain Rich and Russell to the quality of the boat to the fishing experience was excellent. All five of us had a great time, with each of us catching many fish - and to top it off, we had some of our catch for dinner that evening! We definitely highly recommend Enterprise Charters to anyone looking for a fishing adventure and will be back for future trips.

Visited December 2012
Marco Island, Fl
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Easy 5 Stars! Great Crew and Great Boat!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been out with Capt. Rich and Russell twice now, and it just gets better!. These guys know where the fish are and how to put you on them. On the way out, we had dolphin playing in the wake, they netted more than enough live bait for the day in one throw of the cast net, and wore us out catching fish after fish!. If you want to go offshore fishing in Marco, look no further! These guys are great!

Visited November 2012