“MARCO ISLand----------Paradise”

Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn
Ranked #33 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. French cuisine and seafood specialities creatively prepared by award winning chef Denis Meurgue. Relax and enjoy your home away from home. Step back into history at the jewel of the island. Celebrate in our beautiful and charming atmosphere. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat, we will gladly oblige but the norm for us is not to rush our guests. In addition to our extensive wine list, we offer a full bar and have entertainment in our bar. Please call for details.
Marco Island, Florida
“MARCO ISLand----------Paradise”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ate at a Holiday luncheon on 12/11/13 at this Old Marco Inn! Turkey buffet with all the trimmings was served. Delicious. Old Key West feeling. Owned by a French Chef and his wife! Be sure to make reservations! Full bar with entertainment. Serves Sunday brunch! You will be pleasantly surprised! Enjoy

• Visited December 2013

“Our new Thanksgiving tradition-”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Three years ago my husband and I found ourselves alone for Thanksgiving and decided to dine out. We couldn't find reservations in the Naples area, and ended up down at Bistro Soleil on Marco Island completely on accident. SO glad we did! Three years later, this is our family Thanksgiving tradition.

We love the Olde Florida style of the restaurant and the inn. The quiet atmosphere allows us to enjoy our holidays together without disruption-- it's very quaint. While some of the interior rooms do seem dark (as other reviewers have noted) we always sit in the rooms adjacent to the patio which have beautiful natural lighting. The staff are always lovely to us- friendly, welcoming and this year more than willing to help entertain our stir-crazy toddler.

The food is AMAZING. While we can only speak for their Thanksgiving buffet (we rarely dine out in Marco the rest of the year unless they have dock access), we've never been disappointed. Everything is cooked perfectly and is quite tasty. While the traditional Thanksgiving foods keep us happy, it is the homemade smoked salmon that draws us back each year (we literally start talking about and anticipating this meal in late summer). The lobster bisque is also a winner. My husband and I can be picky about restaurants (food and service) and we have no complaints with this place!

• Visited November 2013
“Sometimes a review might help the owners”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I agree with the reviews I have seen...dark rooms that appear unkempt are distracting. We might have hit a bad night but showed up at the end of happy hour and so many people were smashed that we considered leaving. Instead took a table as far from the bar as possible. I sense an inconsistency in the food...my duck which has been awesome in the past this time was dry and tough...as if it were cooked last week. My friend was unimpressed by the rack of lamb. Another had a filet and it was perfect. Too bad because these people have been at it for a long time and have demonstrated excellence over the years. We did stay to listen to Dan Voss...request after request and if you can hum a few bars he will identify...plays mostly piano but can do a pan flute better than Zamfir and play piano with the free hand...was a ball.

• Visited November 2013
travelerldb, Manager at Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time share your experience here but I must say, I am very surprised by your review. Your server and I both checked with you during your dining experience with us. When your server checked with your table, one of your guests asked for his lamb to be cooked a bit more which we happily obliged. After he received his lamb, he informed our server that is was cooked exactly as he wished and it was good. You are correct, Denis and I have been in the restaurant business for a number of years. But it is very disappointing to learn via this site that you were unhappy with your duck. Both your server and I, checked with your table, about each meal and nothing was mentioned about your duck. Denis, our staff and I, all work very hard to ensure that everyone enjoys their meal and that our guests are happy, be it your first time dining with us or your fiftieth time. But we cannot properly do our job if we don't know that you are not enjoying your meal. We are happy to make any adjustments as we want everyone to leave happy. We strive for excellence but if we fall short, please inform us while you are at the restaurant. We are happy to make any changes but it is very difficult to do so if you tell us everything is fine while at the restaurant. We look forward to serving you again.
Marco Island, Florida, United States
“Romantic Evening on Marco”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The bartender Shannon is excellent, very attentive, funny. The piano player Dan Voss is fabulous musician, plays requests looks it up if he doesn't know it. The service is always outstanding, the food is always consistent and excellent . My favorite is the Chilean Sea Bass, so many excellent choices! Don't miss this hidden gem!

• Visited November 2013
travelerldb, Owner at Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Bistro! We are happy that you enjoy our food, service, bartender and ambiance which all contribute to wonderful evening! We look forward to serving you many more times in the future!
Marco Island, Florida
“Excellent food, don't agree with low ratings because of few customers!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I see several people here giving low rating to the restaurant because it had very few customers. It's not in season on the island yet and this restaurant is not on the "main drag" (to the extent that there is one) and none of them have been full yet unless they're having free entertainment outdoors. I went here with two friends and we bumbled around a bit because we thought we were going to Petite Soleil but once we got ourselves sorted out and to the right place it was excellent. Marco Island has very little excellent food the fish special I had that evening truly was excellent. It was a fresh caught halibut that was one of the lightest, best prepared pieces of fish I've had anywhere which is saying a lot for someone who've lived in coastal cities for 30+ years! The haricot vert were done to perfection and the potatoes even had some sort of little extra flavor secret. We went for the famed early bird special (think we had to be seated by 6:00 to get it) or otherwise I wouldn't pay the prices they charge. The place is dated but it's in Old Marco and that's sort of their thing although an update would be nice. But our service was good and our food excellent and those are the critical factors to me.

• Visited October 2013
travelerldb, Owner at Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Bistro Soleil. You are correct, it is not "season" yet and we are not on any of the main streets on Marco. We are located in historical Olde Marco. Yes, you are correct, with a coupon and if you are seated prior to 6pm on selected day, you receive 20% off your food bill. But please read the coupon carefully as hours and days change once we open 7 days a week. Our restaurant is located in a historical building, built in 1883. We are happy that you enjoyed your dinners and the freshness of our fish! We look forward to serving you again!