“C'est Magnifique”

Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn
Ranked #33 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. French cuisine and seafood specialities creatively prepared by award winning chef Denis Meurgue. Relax and enjoy your home away from home. Step back into history at the jewel of the island. Celebrate in our beautiful and charming atmosphere. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat, we will gladly oblige but the norm for us is not to rush our guests. In addition to our extensive wine list, we offer a full bar and have entertainment in our bar. Please call for details.
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Walking in we were greeted by I believe her name was Lisa. And a warm welcome from the bartender as well. Seated in a prompt and courteous manner in some very comfortable winged back chairs that made us feel like royalty. Had the Carpaccio and Foie Gras. Just AMAZING!! Next was the salad, with a garlic peppercorn dressing, hesitant at first but as we tasted it on the side proceeded to pour it on the salad it was light but flavorful. Then the entrees. She had the Lamb, and I had the fresh catch Grouper. Just to die for. I do not like lamb but was coxed into trying it and have turned my view around about it ( But might only have it at this establishment) The Grouper was cooked to perfection and the sauce and crab meat were relished with much joy. Dessert was just the " Icing on the cake" so to speak. Chocolate Fondant and Creme Brûlée were delectable and finished off the meal with a ribbon on top. Our server Gabriella was on point with everything. Went to the bar afterwards to enjoy the very talented Piano player Dan I think his name is. And the Bartender Shannon even knew how to make a Velvet Hammer!! Not a very common drink. I will be back here for years to come it was that good.

bistrosoleil, Manager at Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At Bistro Soleil, we work very hard to ensure our guests are happy from start to finish. It is very satisfying to us to know that we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you for years to come!

There are newer reviews for Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I loved Bistro Soleil so much that I went twice over the Christmas holidays!!!
On my first visit my son and I sat at the piano in the bar area and listened to Dan play. My son really liked Dan and his superb musical talents as he plays not only the piano but also the pan flute and an electric violin. We started off with the mussels as an appetizer, which where cooked to tender perfection in a tasty garlic wine sauce. The house salad came next which had a wonderful salad dressing...not sure what it was, but it was great :) For dinner I had the shrimp & scallops with a vegetable side. My meal was mouthwatering and the scallops were large and not the small things I am used to. My son had the children's chicken fingers and he loved them.....especially the hand cut french fries and he even ate all his vegetables! For desert we splurged and tried two, the Chocolate Fondant & the Tarte Tatin. Both of which were just heavenly, even though we were too stuffed to finish them off. Shannon was our server and he was very attentive and never let a plate sit for too long or a water glass to ever go empty. Lisa, the owner came by the table to personally welcome us and to make sure we had a great dinner. We had such a great experience that we brought the whole family of 10 back on Christmas day for the buffet!!
The buffet was great and the owner Denis was serving lobster bisque. Both of the owners were wonderful and so personable, which made the dining experience more enjoyable. My whole family enjoyed themselves and thankfully there was something for everyone on the buffet which alleviated the need for anyone to cook at home on the holiday!
Bistro Soleil is definitely a must do when you come to Naples or Marco Island. The food was great, the staff pleasant and knowledgeable and the owners are wonderful people. If you want a classy atmosphere or even a fun bar experience, Bistro Soleil is the place to come to!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We work very hard at ensuring our guests leave happy. I remember you and your son as your son sat near Dan, intently watching him play the piano and we all had a nice conversation. it is very satisfying to all of us when we hear that we have exceeded your expectations and that you visited us more than once.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Went with friends to happy hour. Great appetizer and drinks with piano music. Lovely old Florida ambience, you think you are in key west. Favorite restaurant on the island.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoy our happy hour and entertainment. We work very hard to make sure all our guests, if you are coming for dinner or cocktails or appetizers, enjoy your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I were on the island for my 27 birthday and there was only one place I wanted to celebrate it--- Bistro Soleil. We were greeted with zero wait and were seated in the most charming nook. Our waiter was attentive and kind. We enjoyed wine and appetizers while listening to live music. The building is historic and charming. My mushroom risotto was to die for. I am a huge fan of truffles and they weren't used sparingly which mde for a heavenly experience. We finished with dessert and happy and full stomachs!

Thank you of taking the time to share your experience with us. It is very heartwarming to know that you wanted to celebrate your birthday with us! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I along with several friends had dinner there on Friday night. It was a bit late for Marco 8 PM (there is a saying that Marco midnight is 9 PM) but the restaurant was still very alive with guests at all stages of dinner. The menu is terrific but they also had several specials. My husband and I both had specials. I had yellow-tail snapper and he had Black grouper. The meals come with a very nice salad and vegetables (broccoli and carrots) and a couple wedges of delicious potatoes. The sauce on the fish was so good I wanted to lick my plate. The meal was wonderful and the service was relaxed but first class. A delightful evening.

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. Everyone at Bistro Soleil plays a part in ensuring a wonderful dining experience for our guests! We are happy to know we met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again.
Lisa
P.S. Next time, if you feel like licking the plate, I won't tell!