“Fantastic Rooms!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Orlando
“Fantastic Rooms!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is clearly an older property that Marriott Vacation Club completely renovated. There are only six rooms on each floor. Our two bedroom unit had a very nice master with a king bed and nice sized bath. The other bedroom had two queens. There is a second full bath and a huge kitchen/dining room/living room area. The best part was the balcony that runs the whole length of the unit. A table for four and two chaise lounges make it a great place to hang out. Sliding glass doors open wide to make the balcony part of the living area.

The resort facilities include a small bar, two pools and direct beach access. The pools/common areas are a little crowded, but nicely constructed.

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms are fantastic, but the gulf side ones have a great view as well.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Greenacres
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This beachfront location is perfect. We were fortunate enough to get an oceanfront villa which provided a perfect view of the gulf-- great for watching the sunset. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and was surprised that it was a Marriott. Marco Island is beautiful and so is this property. Don't expect to find a lot of young people partying as most of the places here closed down early. All in all a great place to stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael A
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Marriott Crystal Shores. We were in 2 villas-a total of 4 couples. We were very disappointed with this property. Upon arrival Sunday, we found out that the parking lot is also a public lot for the public beach shared with this property. Parking is very limited because of this. Also, since Marriott does not own the beach it costs $32.00 to rent an umbrella and 2 horribly uncomfortable and old beach chairs. Also, we were placed in a handicapped unit (even though the 4 of us did not request this nor need it). The 2nd bedroom is very small with very small drawers for storage and no mirror. The shower had only a shower curtain since it was handicap accessible so when you took a shower water went all over the bathroom floor. we asked the front desk for more towels and they never arrived. The entire unit was dark and just not up to the standards of the many villas we have visited throughout the USA. The restaurant is not owned by Marriott-on day 1 we were greeted rudely by a waitress when we stated that we were there for a drink-every bar seat was taken but tables were empty-she informed us that we could have a drink at a table but would have to leave the table if they got busy. On day 2, when we went for lunch, the first thing out of the waiter's mouth-we did not ask this-was that he couldn't do 4 seperate checks?? We attended a sales talk while there and found out that this villa is in the "baby stages" to be completed by 2016-I am glad that I did not pay the average $600.00 per night described on websites. The chairs at the pool had a metal bar across the back which made the chairs more uncomfortable than the beach chairs. I will not visit this property again. With all of this said we are owners of 2 different vacation villas and have been very happy Marriott owners since 1999.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joscaf
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and have been to many MVC properties. This ranks right up there with the best of them. The beachfront location is perfect. We were fortunate enough to get an oceanfront villa which provided an expansive view of the gulf-- perfect for watchiing the sunset. This property is less than 5 years old and looks and feels new. The villas are decorated in a beautiful modern theme with tile floors in the living, dining rooms and baths and carpeting in the bedrooms. Everything was immaculate. The balcony has a wicker table and four chairs, plus two wicker lounge chairs with plush cushions for lounging. The master bedroom has it's own private balcony with two chairs. A great feature about the balconies is the railing is glass which allows you to see the beach while seated. No need to stand up to see the fantasic view (e.g. Dolphins swimming by). A great touch! All linens and towels were top notch. The master bedroom has a shower for two with a seat and two separate shower heads and controls-- sweet. Everything about the villa was great. As for activities, there are two hotel pools, one more for families and kids (it has a water slide) and the adult pool--which is near the hotel restaurant. There are large cabanas that you can rent for the day if you want to lounge around in luxury. The beach is beautiful and there are lots of watersports and activities. We found the hotel staff to be immensely helpful and attentive. We had a terrific visit and plan to come back again. Kudos to Marriott Crystal Shores!

Room Tip: Try to get an oceanfront villa.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jonsha
Roswell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This staff is so helpful - They went out of their way to make sure our stay was great. We were allowed to check in early. They personally try to get to know their guests and accommodate their needs - they knew all six of our family members' names the second day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura M
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After just having been at Oceana Palms in Palm Beach, the rooms here seemed a little dark and small. With that said, the rooms were very comfortable. I do think they need to be less crowded. The furniture seems to be too big for the space. Upon our arrival, our rooms was ready and we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. The pool where the slide is is a bit small, especially when you have 6-8 kids in it and a few adults. Otherwise, very relaxing. The bigger pool was a nice quieter option, not as many kids. We did eat lunch at Stilts - the food was average. Our burgers were like hockey pucks. the coconut shrimp was pretty good. I know check out is at 10:00 but I was a bit annoyed when housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:01. Don't expect a soft sandy beach, Marco is a beach made of all shells. Make sure you bring flip flops,preach shoes with you to walk on the sand otherwise you may hurt your feet waking on shells,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MHD4
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Outstanding rooms! The views are awesome and the location is the best. I could not ask for a better facility!
My reason for a “poor” rating is due to terrible attention at the front desk and because the onsite restaurant doesn’t belong at a Marriott.
Overall customer service at this hotel is bad. Lets start with the front desk: I call the day I was supposed to arrive and asked what time my room would be ready. I explained to the agent that during my last visit my room was not even ready at 4:30 PM and I did not want to wait around at the pool like last time. I asked him what time would be safe for me to arrive so that I would not have to wait around. The front desk agent starts with some story that the hotel is “at capacity” and that check-in will likely be “late” I again pressed him for a specific time…and he would not give me a time. He said “we are unable to provide you with a time” Keep in mind the hotel website indicates check in is at 4:00 PM. I said to him, if I arrive at 7 PM are you sure the room will be ready? He again, will not commit but confirms it is very likely it will be ready. We arrive at 7:30 PM and the room was ready! I hand the front desk agent my drivers license and my credit card. First thing he says is “the address on the drivers license doesn’t match the address we have on your reservation” now keep in mind the name on my drivers license and the name on the reservation is exactly the same. The credit card has the same name and the credit card is valid…who cares if the address is different. But the agent insists I give him the address on the reservation. Mind you, the address I gave for the reservation is my office address and my drivers license is my home address. I just didn’t see a reason for his insistence it was very annoying. I expected the front desk staff to be welcoming and pleasant…he was neither.
On Saturday Morning we arrive at the onsite restaurant, Stilts Bar & Grill to have breakfast. When we arrived the restaurant staff was not around ( 8:30 AM). We just sat down and decided to wait. About 15 minutes later some disheveled waitress comes to our table and asks “what are you two having” my first thought was…I am paying almost $700 a night at a Marriott and this lady is shouting at me “what are you two having???” A waitress of such caliber belongs at a truck stop not at a Marriott. Breakfast was just ok. They only serve regular coffee…it was gross. The coffee was served in a tiny plastic cup…something you expect at an elementary school. In August of 2011, I did a review of this hotel because I had a terrible experience at check in and decided to just leave at 4:30 PM because I was outraged that my room was not ready on time. It is shocking to see that the management of this hotel continues to be unable to have rooms ready before 4 PM. Management needs to hire more staff and housekeeping during peek season.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#13 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marriott's Crystal Shores? Share your experiences!