“Incredible service. Lovely rooms.”

Marriott's Crystal Shores
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Incredible service. Lovely rooms.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This staff is so helpful - They went out of their way to make sure our stay was great. We were allowed to check in early. They personally try to get to know their guests and accommodate their needs - they knew all six of our family members' names the second day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Laura M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After just having been at Oceana Palms in Palm Beach, the rooms here seemed a little dark and small. With that said, the rooms were very comfortable. I do think they need to be less crowded. The furniture seems to be too big for the space. Upon our arrival, our rooms was ready and we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. The pool where the slide is is a bit small, especially when you have 6-8 kids in it and a few adults. Otherwise, very relaxing. The bigger pool was a nice quieter option, not as many kids. We did eat lunch at Stilts - the food was average. Our burgers were like hockey pucks. the coconut shrimp was pretty good. I know check out is at 10:00 but I was a bit annoyed when housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:01. Don't expect a soft sandy beach, Marco is a beach made of all shells. Make sure you bring flip flops,preach shoes with you to walk on the sand otherwise you may hurt your feet waking on shells,

2 Thank MHD4
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Outstanding rooms! The views are awesome and the location is the best. I could not ask for a better facility!
My reason for a “poor” rating is due to terrible attention at the front desk and because the onsite restaurant doesn’t belong at a Marriott.
Overall customer service at this hotel is bad. Lets start with the front desk: I call the day I was supposed to arrive and asked what time my room would be ready. I explained to the agent that during my last visit my room was not even ready at 4:30 PM and I did not want to wait around at the pool like last time. I asked him what time would be safe for me to arrive so that I would not have to wait around. The front desk agent starts with some story that the hotel is “at capacity” and that check-in will likely be “late” I again pressed him for a specific time…and he would not give me a time. He said “we are unable to provide you with a time” Keep in mind the hotel website indicates check in is at 4:00 PM. I said to him, if I arrive at 7 PM are you sure the room will be ready? He again, will not commit but confirms it is very likely it will be ready. We arrive at 7:30 PM and the room was ready! I hand the front desk agent my drivers license and my credit card. First thing he says is “the address on the drivers license doesn’t match the address we have on your reservation” now keep in mind the name on my drivers license and the name on the reservation is exactly the same. The credit card has the same name and the credit card is valid…who cares if the address is different. But the agent insists I give him the address on the reservation. Mind you, the address I gave for the reservation is my office address and my drivers license is my home address. I just didn’t see a reason for his insistence it was very annoying. I expected the front desk staff to be welcoming and pleasant…he was neither.
On Saturday Morning we arrive at the onsite restaurant, Stilts Bar & Grill to have breakfast. When we arrived the restaurant staff was not around ( 8:30 AM). We just sat down and decided to wait. About 15 minutes later some disheveled waitress comes to our table and asks “what are you two having” my first thought was…I am paying almost $700 a night at a Marriott and this lady is shouting at me “what are you two having???” A waitress of such caliber belongs at a truck stop not at a Marriott. Breakfast was just ok. They only serve regular coffee…it was gross. The coffee was served in a tiny plastic cup…something you expect at an elementary school. In August of 2011, I did a review of this hotel because I had a terrible experience at check in and decided to just leave at 4:30 PM because I was outraged that my room was not ready on time. It is shocking to see that the management of this hotel continues to be unable to have rooms ready before 4 PM. Management needs to hire more staff and housekeeping during peek season.

5 Thank AlexRosell
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Came for a one night getaway . Was able to check in at 11:00 am instead of 4:00 as per our reservation. Staff was courteous and very helpful in answering our questions about sightseeing and places to eat. Would come again if travel plans allow.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Cappypaul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a good example of the quality of Marriott's Vacation Club. The staff made it a wonderful experience. They absolutely made sure everything was done to help you, from the least little things in the rooms to dinner reservations. I don't think I ever passed a staff member who didn't ask me how everything was going or if I needed anything. They made us all feel very welcome so you just have to enjoy this resort. Best place for "sunset' sightings. Beautiful views of the Gulf with the large windows in our villa.

Some things to consider - Parking is limited. Strange layout to check-in (a sort of a trailer.) Perhaps this will be fixed when the resort fills out completely. Would have liked a ramp to check-in to our roller luggage instead of steps. To get to your villa each day, you have to go from the parking lot through the pool area. While the pools are beautiful, it is strangle to mingle pool attendees with those going out for day trip in the community or bringing food in from the grocery stores. The Gulf Vacation Club has a beautiful beach with many shells, a plus...shell, a minus because it is difficult to walk on them without shoes, even underwater. Lesson - wear pool shoes! I think the restaurant on property (Stilts), is overrated. On the first day of our arrival, we ordered drinks but they were quite watered down so we were hesitant to return again. I usually don't care but the drinks were very bad.

Bottom line - wonderful resort and quiet island.

Room Tip: Ocean Front!
1 Thank CarpeDiem45
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I are frequent business travelers at Marriott properties, but this was our first experience with a vacation club resort. It far exceeded our expectations! We are not vacation club owners, and very pleased that we could use points for our stay. We had stayed at the Marriott Resort 1/2 mile a way in the past, but with two children, the space, full kitchen and laundry room at this resort was much needed.

The grounds, the pool, the balcony, the room....it was all top-notch. The location of the property to the beach gave us amazing views as well.

Our kids are 4 and 6 and enjoyed a variety of activities on-site, including the pool, water slide, art projects, movies, coconut treasure hunt, music, frisbee and other sporting games. And the parents enjoyed the wine and cheese party and other entertainment offered on site.

This was a very family-friendly resort, but also very enjoyable for adults as well.

Room Tip: While there are some rooms that directly face the ocean, all of the rooms do have good ocean views f...
3 Thank AmberG8R
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, found the resort to be quite accommodating. Located right on the beach, it was provided for easy accessibility. Pam was instrumental in us not canceling our stay due to other reasons and she went out of her way to ensure that our reservations were carried out without a hitch. The staff was friendly. Wish they had complementary beach chairs and umbrellas. It was cold when we were there so the heated pools were wonderful. Our suite was wonderfully sized and allowed for good times with our friends. I would definitely consider going back in future.

• Stayed April 2013
#13 of 59 in Naples
Naples Bay Resort
#4 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,543 reviews

Been to Marriott's Crystal Shores? Share your experiences!