“Very disappointing-not for a special occasion”

Marco Island Princess
Ranked #12 of 87 Tours in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the beauty of Marco Island on board the new 90-foot Marco Island Princess. Enjoy the sunshine and sea breezes on the outside decks, or relax in the climate-controlled salons. Lunch, Sightseeing, Hors d'oeuvres and Dinner Cruises available daily. Planning a special event? The Princess is coast guard certified for 149 passengers and is the perfect venue for any special occasion. Our delicious food, outstanding service and breathtaking views will delight all ages! Marco Island's Most Unique Waterfront Dining Experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Had specifically booked a Dinner cruise only to find out this had been changed to the Hors D'ouvre version/ The quality of the food on the Hors D'ouvre cruise was appaling and is buffet style. Plastic cutlery and frozen profiteroles and the cheek to charge $3.50 service charge per person when you serve yourself. After several calls the next day to speak to the "boss", we were given a $50 refund which we had to collect from location.

Drinks are well-priced and the route taken is interesting for sight-seeing. Definitely not a romantic experience

MarcoPrincess, Owner at Marco Island Princess, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I understand you were expecting a dinner cruise. We do a Live Music Hors'doeuvres cruise every Wednesday, all summer. Sorry there was confusion with your reservation. We did not change the cruise. The night before, or after, you would have had the Dinner Cruise. To say the food was appalling is a bit suprising, as the other 77 guests that night enjoyed it enough to go back for seconds. Sorry if your creme puffs were a bit firm, but they are a dairy product, and must be kept very cold prior to serving. Our buffet style of service allows guests to dine at their leisure, and gives our guests the opportunity to enjoy the scenery from any area of the boat, whenever they wish. Our guests are also able to enjoy whatever items they wish, and even come back for seconds if they desire. The service charge of $3.50 per person is designed to provide the staff with a minimal gratuity, in the event of guests like you, that don't leave any tips. Our staff makes every effort to be attentive to our guests, above and beyond bar service, and they work very hard. I had hoped the refund provided to you, the free drinks, and the offer of a future discount had resovled this matter, but I guess not. Sorry for your experience.
Capt. Rodger

Reviewed August 11, 2012

When we called to book the cruise, we let them know we had a birthday girl with us. From the first person we met on the boat, everyone wished her a happy birthday. The captain announced it was her birthday and they put a candle in her dessert. The staff were amazing, all kind and funny! The captain even allowed the birthday girl to drive the boat for a bit! The dinner was delicious and we enjoyed the company of the other dinner guests. The boat was beautiful and a great place to get pictures of the sunset. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would recommend the cruise to anyone visiting Marco Island. I would go again, even without all the extra birthday fun!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The sunset is really always beautiful and it's even better when you're out on the water. That alone is what makes it worth it to do this.

The princess takes a brief tour of some beautiful wateerfront homes on it's way out to the start of the Gulf (the last marker) and then turns around. I was a little disappointed because I thought we would tour around the island a little more. I had taken the same route two days before on a wave runner to get to Keewadin Island for the day, so I was a little unimpressed.

My husband and I went on the dinner cruise and if I had to do it all over again I would have forgone the dinner - it was too salty and was reminiscent of wedding food. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great and definitely wasn't worth the money. I do think that the sunset cruise with snacks would have been perfect. The crew was REALLY nice and that sort of saved the trip for me. That, the sunset, and the four dolphin we saw for a moment.

2  Thank The_Chungs
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went on the Sunset Hors d'œuvre on a Friday evening. While the boat was full, it did not seem crowded. We arrived early and got a window table. The food was surprisinly good and plentiful. Even more surprising was that the drinks were reasonable. We expected overpriced drinks, but they were very well price. Much of the cruise is on the intercoastal waterways inside Marco, so do not expect to be out in the Gulf of Mexico very long.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We live in Florida, so dinner cruises are something that we've occasionally gone on. The marco island princess cruise is by far the best ever. The atmosphere is intimate, but not at all stuffy or boring. The food was phenomenal, and the drinks were fairly priced. Overall a great experience. We will be back. My only complaint was music. on the website they said that they have live music, but they were not going to be there until after our trip. The only thing that would have made it better would have been music and dancing. If you're in marco island, you must go!