“Good food, but nothing exceptional” 3 of 5 bubbles

Nene's Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chisago City, Minnesota
“Good food, but nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Second family trip to Marco Island. We missed NeNe's last year, so wanted to make sure we tried it this year.
My teenage daughter gave high marks for the waffle with strawberries and whipped cream.
My wife ordered the short stack said they were average.
I had eggs, sausage and pancakes. The pancakes tasted fine, they are a more dense pancake. (I'm a Perkins pancake fan and these weren't that good.)

Service was fantastic, we arrived at 8:50 am and were seated immediately. By the time we were finished, there were at least 6 parties waiting to be seated.

The place looked very clean and well maintained.

Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went to Nene's based on TripAdvisor recommendations. Had breakfast, and it was just a regular breakfast. Now that being said, we only had breakfast at one other place on Marco Island, so this still may be one of the better options for breakfast, but I thought it was just a typical breakfast place. I got the Eggs Benedict, and my husband got an egg/meat/french toast combo - both were perfectly good, just nothing extraordinary. The service was friendly. Food took a little longer than I would have expected to come out, but it wasn't too bad. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Dreamy breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went to NeNe's Kitchen on Sunday morning after mass. Expect a 20-25 minute wait but it's worth it. I had the fruit crepe surrounded by whipped cream and it was delicious. The crepe was light, the fruit fresh and the whipped cream heavenly. The restaurant really bustles on a Sunday morning but you never feel rushed and the wait staff is efficient and courteous.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, superb service at a reasonable pride . I will come again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

A good indicator of an excellent restaurant is when the place is filled with locals. This place was so popular that folks were happy to sit for 10 minutes or so for an open table. I had the daily special which was superb -especially after a full day of birding! We were famished! Large servings and friendly staff. Will recommend this place to all of our friends!

Omaha, Nebraska
“best breakfast in Marco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

pleasant little restaurant right on Collier. Outdoor tables, excellent food and service and prices are reasonable. My wife got the fritatta- it was huge and excellent and my omlet was perfect.

• Visited January 2013