“Great Bird Watching Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tigertail Beach

Newark, DE
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Bird Watching Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our condo is about .5-1 mile from Tigertail. I like taking early morning walks at Tigertail and seeing the wildlife--white cranes, osprey, etc. The North side is really awesome. First trip to Marco that I've seen Fiddler Crabs -- hundreds of them. However, I kinda feel sorry for the folks who park at Tigertail and trek to the beach. I would NEVER walk through the lagoon water to get to the gulf and the walk around is pretty lengthy carrying beach items / kids. It's a beautiful place in my opinion to nature walk. On one of our long beach walks, we stopped at the refreshment stand and had hamburgers. I think they were about $10 each, but they do take credit cards. Good hamburgers and fries, but in my opinion, expensive for a beach refreshment stand.

Nashville, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Go there to say "HELLO"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

On the grand scheme on Marco,most visitors will find Tigertail,pay the fee to enter,park, and wlk
"simply to say Oh this is Tigertail 'HELLO".

We have been to Marco 3 years (65yo couple) and our one look @ Tigertail was enough.Some
native or year round residents say it is the best spot for "shelling".Don't know that for sure.

As an attraction I would use South Marco and all the Everglade tours,boating,fishing,etc.But this
is my perspective as a man who comes to chill,eat seafood,beach( carefully) and play a little golf!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CRA22
Plano, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Like the Lagoon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

You have to walkmthru lagoon yo get to beach. Not fun with kids, cooler, towels and chairs. For adults it's fine.

1 Thank welsher33
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach for nature lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

After visiting Marco Island on several previous trips, we finally checked out Tigertail Beach. We were surprised to find the $8.00 parking fee, but if you arrive early in the day, it's worth it (no hunting for a meter like in NJ beach towns). There is quite a nice food/restroom pavilion, as well as a playground for younger kids and picnic tables for families. We rented a kayak at the stand on the beach, which is to the right after passing the pavilion. The young man at the rental shack, Connor, was very friendly and helpful. He took the time to answer our questions and explain what areas to access and/or avoid with the kayak. Water shoes are HIGHLY recommended, as the "lagoon" - which must be crossed to reach the upper beach area - has a bottom which is covered with vegetation. It was just past high tide when we went, and the current was quite strong and difficult to row against. Once we got going, we saw many Mackerel, which jump straight up out of the water! Unfortunately, this led to their demise. A large Osprey caught one in its talons and then flew to a nearby fallen tree to feast. It was like watching a nature program on TV! The beach was practically deserted, and there were many shells. The water was warmer than any ocean water I've ever experienced - even in the Bahamas or Keys. This beach is definitely worth visiting during your trip to Marco!

1 Thank Loglady66
Whitby, Canada
“Kayak rentals at Tigertail Beach are 5 STAR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I rented a kayak twice during my stay from Tony & Bernie. The first time for an hour and explored the Lagoon (which was not enough time) so the second time I returned I followed Tony's recommendation to rent for 2 hours and go an hour before and after the high tide and head out towards the ocean opening. Bernie had a fishing kayak available so recommended I take it as it would be more stable than the others as I attempted to photograph all the wildlife with my telephoto lens which turned out to be a great idea. Jose helped set me up with a big smile and I was on my way. Using their kayaks gave me a chance to get close to Ibis, Egrets, Herons, Osprey, Pelicans and a few mullets came close to jumping right into my kayak. Many other birds like the skimmers, plovers, sandpipers and terns are nesting along the protected shoreline so being able to view them from the kayak was a great experience. Bernie was very friendly, informative and provided me with an exceptional opportunity to photograph the abundance of wildlife in and around the lagoon. They run a great business and have reverence for the conservation area and its inhabitants. I highly recommend this experience. THANKS Bernie, see you next year.