“Food was good; atmosphere not so much” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cocomo's Grill

Cocomo's Grill
Ranked #37 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashland, Ohio
“Food was good; atmosphere not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have to give a Very Good rating for the food because it was delicious. We are senior citizens and this place is not for couples looking for a quiet evening. It was so loud that I had to shout at my husband most of the time and nearly left with a headache. It was a busy Friday night and as crowded as it was our service was excellent. Will go back but not on a weekend night nor during Spring Break.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Marco Island, Florida
“Cute place... Food was icky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just like I said the last time I was there the appetizer I had was really tasteless.... I informed the waitress and since I wasn't offered any resolution I paid my bill and left. Sad it used to have good food.....

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Above expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Cocomo's with some friends on a saturday night and I must say our expectations weren't that high. We just needed to try a new spot in Marco and I have been pleasantly surprised by this one. The restaurant is quite big and there's a huge nice bar in the middle of it. The service is alright, not the best but efficient. The food is really good. I tried the oriental sampler, big enough to eat as an entree, not an appetizer. Everything on the plate was yummy. My friends had the hummus platter, with the portobella mushroom sandwich and the blackened chicken sandwich. Everything was good and reasonnably priced. The drinks are quite good too, but you need to like them with a strong taste, especially the cocomo's lemonade. The place was crowded, but service was fast. Definitely will return to that restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Worth visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pub style restaurant w/ big bar, large menu and really good food. They will cook your fish that you catch and serve it...interesting...saw a large group doing this. Found out after that several restaurants do this.

Visited February 2013
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Fair food, less-than-friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We took a fishing trip, and our boat captain recommended we take our grouper here to be prepared. I guess I thought we would walk in with our big bag of fish and be greeted with enthusiasm. Definitely not. The owner said "hey, we'll seat you in 20 minutes" and didn't even take our fish back to the kitchen.

We carried our fish to the bar, where the bartender ignored us for five minutes. Then my husband asked if there were any craft beers, and the bartender just said "nope." No suggestions at all.

When we were finally seated, our server was a little friendlier. We had the grouper two ways: Jamaican jerk and pan seared with key lime beurre blanc sauce. The key lime was the much better choice of the two.

Overall disappointing and not worth a return visit.

• Visited February 2013