“Not so impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Siesta Motel
Merritt Island, Florida
“Not so impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were on a Girls Bachelorette Weekend and thought we were staying in a "3 bedroom suite", which turned out to be a 3 bedroom double-wide trailer down the street from the motel. Even when we checked in, Frank said were were actually staying in a house, never mentioned trailer.
Was clean, dishwasher didn't work, but that was ok. We were told there was a maid service, but never saw anybody.
I looked at the site ahead of time and never did see anything about a double-wide. Felt it was a little deceitful.
Will be more careful next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phonelady_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

I recomend this hotel , i went with my family, husband and two kids, the room was very clean, it has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffe maker, also it has access to the patio , where the kids can play, and you can relax at night , they also had a grill on the patio, there is not luxury but what i needed was clean linens and clean bathroom and i found it, very good customer service also. they also have rooms with kitchen , we stayed in one of them our last night. great!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ethanjair
VIRGINIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Wow! This place is HIDEOUS!! My fiance and I were on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale and decided to drive down to the keys for a day. We only stayed @ Siesta Motel for one
night.... nightmare!!!!!!!! I am serious!!! First of all, the pictures online do not do justice. I am not even sure if there are enough adjectives to describe this dump. We had an "efficiency" ... d i r t y! The room just smelled like MOLD. We were not in the room that long since we spent majority of out day in Key West. So anyway, 11:30pm is when we came back to the motel. I didn't know I was going to have a guest with me in the shower and long and behold there were geicos in the window!!! Ewww!! The so called mattress was so utterly uncomfortable I would have slept on the floor if it wasn't brown colored. The mattress was soooo gross we didn't even get under the covers. We slept fully clothed for fear of something was going to crawl on us. It was soo bad .. that in the middle of the night my fiance left out and slept in the car!!! Hahahaa.. this place is a joke. Pay the extra $30 and stay somewhere else... oh yeah, FYI when we left the next morning there was sewage leaking out on the parking lot. It was just nasty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank huniebebe
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
WOW.. sometimes i think people do these bad reviews just to see their comments online.

1. Our pictures are extremely accurate and depict every room in detail. I can pull up our website and show you the room while you are looking at it.

2. Our rooms are EXTREMELY clean. We get compliments EVERY day about the cleanliness and we are always the highest rated motel in the Keys for cleanliness, comfort, service etc. BUT remember we are not a big fancy expensive resort. If you want fancy and expensive we are not the place you are looking for.

3. NONE of our rooms smell like mold - ever.. Our floors are beautiful Terrazzo marble and we have no carpeting which is the main cause why rooms smell like mold. Our floors are so great we were praised in an article in the Miami Herald and in Rachel Ray's magazine - "Everyday with Rachael Ray".

4. Our mattresses are less than a year old and in great shape. Everyone has different opinions on mattress comfort. I personally just came back from a trip where I was paying over $200 a night for the room. The mattresses were very expensive and great quality but killed my back. Nothing wrong with the mattress but not good for MY back.

5. Gecko's in the keys?? now there is a shock. There are geckos everywhere in Florida and the Keys. They come out at night and crawl over the outside of buildings looking for bugs/dinner. I can't prevent them from crawling on the outside of the windows. They are harmless and quite beneficial to the ecosystem. Most people- especially kids- love seeing them.

6. There has never been any sewage leaking in our parking lot. When we have rain we do have puddles in the parking lot until the storm drains empty out.

I will never understand the few guests who tell you they had a great stay and then cannot wait to race home and leave a "nasty" review.

If you are looking for a nice, clean, affordable motel and not big, fancy resorts give us a call and we will treat you right.

Travelers are raving about these Marathon Shores hotels

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

We rented the trailer, I think they call it the suite. I was very clean and comfortable, nothing fancy! Hard working people trying to make a living, very accomodating. While we were there the A/C went on fritz, called and reported it. Staff very apologetic, brought us fans promptly. Had a repairman there first thing in the morning, he had to order a part, again they apologized. It was repaired the next day. Everyone was great! It was comfortable to cook dinner @ night, relax, watch TV and surf internet on laptop! My mother is a neat freak!! and I was terrifed she would start cleaning the minute we got there, however it was up to even her lofty standards. We heard ZERO traffic noise and we live in a very rural area and Frank warned us that the road and a small airport was near and could be a problem. Thank you Frank, hopefully we will see you again next year!! Only issue we had was torrential rain a day and a half we were there and the owners can't change the weather!!

Room Tip: Ask questions, Frank is very up front, honest!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Cowgirlark81
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

i booked by phone not knowing what we could exspect was scared i made a bad decision, then we arrived to meet ms keena and was pleasantly surprized, she had no problem showing me the room 1st and it was not fancy but VERY clean .. i told her we did not want a resort just a clean room with no motel drama (partys, fights , rude ppl) ect.. we have been married 1 year and on our wedding day we went to hospital and spent our honey moon there so this trip was very important to us. we had a wondderful time slept good every nite no noices bothered us. we went to bed @ 9 or 10pm and got up @ 5 to 6 am everyday and everynite Never was there a problem. we were told up front that it was on a busy road and that it was not a resort. resorts run 200.00 and up a nite so you pay for what you get and i feel like we got a great deal @ 115.00 a nite i would go back again and again the only thing i can say bad about our stay is we couldnt stay longer .i dont wanna go home life there could be rate up our alley for retirerment, sincerely the Zuzich's from st augustine fla. bravo and hats off to ya frank you got a great lady working for you..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yzuzich
Saint Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

No frills, but convenient, clean, and comfortable. Arrived mid-afternoon when standard rooms had be filled so we received free upgrade to larger room w/kitchenette. Frank (mgr) helped us find nice local beach and great place for fresh seafood dinner. Heard a little noise from airport across the highway; not an issue for us. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trip-n-Out-4-2
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Title should explain. We show up to check in at this place and the office is a storage closet. The man n his wife are rude and disrespectful we went to see the room before we checked in and the fridge was nasty mold on wall hotel sits 5 feet from the major highway. When the owner told us his motel is voted most comfortAble in the keys we told them the mattresses were squeaking he and his wife told me i wAs A fat [-] ( their words ) . I 5'3 n weigh 145 pounds ( normal size ). I called to have my credit card cancel the payment cause visa said it was charged the owner screamed at me n told me thAt visa was lying. What a trip from hel! I told him we are the customer and his words , " i dont give a flying [-] about customers " we left he kept our money but we will dispute it through visa. O qnd the "lush gardens " is a banna tree i. have the owner on video. After we were threatned to be removed we went to another hotel. The hotel declined my card. Come to find out they charged my card 1300.00 ! I neverrr authorized thatttt! so long story short he kept callin us harassing us and we had to get the sheriffs department involved. Hotel moto should be " worst place on earth" Nothing around this place either looks like the only thing the have to offer in the area is for a prostitutes n drug houses

• Stayed April 2011
Kingsail Resort Motel
Kingsail Resort Motel
#13 of 16 in Marathon
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!