“Eau, Yes!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
New York City, New York
“Eau, Yes!!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have finally found European, casual elegance in the US with this gorgeous oceanfront resort. This is an intimate feeling, 300+ room, low-rise resort where the sensibility is pitch perfect. If you relish beautifully designed lobby, grounds and comfortable rooms, then this is the place for you. The resort is fairly self-sufficient and there is enough variety in dining options (I had lunch one day next door at the local's favorite, Dune Deck) that we were always satisfied. I particularly enjoyed evening drinks around the fire pit with D.J. music on the weekends. It had a distinctly urban, casual vibe. Loved it! I was upgraded to an oceanfront suite and was lulled to sleep every night with the sound of ocean waves and enjoyed moon and sunrises over the Atlantic. The family pool area (separate from the adults-only pool) is adjacent to the ocean and is so lovely, comfortable. Service was impeccable, too. What a find! I will return. Recommendation: Fly into West Palm Beach airport rather than Ft. Lauderdale for easy access.

Room Tip: Ocean-front rooms are spectacular - book in advance to get a discount. Higher floors are away from c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle P, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear SilverFoxNYC_11,

WOW, thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Eau Palm Beach! It looks as though you were able to really soak in all that we pride ourselves to be as a luxury independent resort.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Guest Services Team
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights. They have everything you need. from toiletries, robes, slippers, wonderful restaurant to pool and much more... in fact you only need to bring clothes and a few personal items. We had a delightful stay and will return. Beautiful scenic surroundings by the water. Rooms are well appointed as is the hotel itself. Staff are accommodating and very friendly. Couldn't have picked a better place to spend a few days.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly the most of the rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm not even sure where to begin, but I'll start by saying the lobby alone will take your breath away. The service was impeccable, from the bellman, James, all the girls at the front desk, and our favorite concierge, Victoria, to the entire restaurant and pool staff. The views from our oceanfront room transported us to serenity immediately and we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Thank you, EAU!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michele C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went to the Eau to celebrate a 70th birthday. The prices were much better than south Beach at $500 per room vs. $800 for comparable rooms in South Beach.

We had 7 in our party ranging from 77 to 6. The hotel was terrific for all.

I look at a hotel across 5 components.

Rooms. The rooms were spacious and fresh and what you would expect of a 5 star hotel.

Pools. They had two pool areas that we used. There was an adult pool and a family. In addition next to the family pool, there was a hot tub that would easily fit 16. The pools were heated to 84 degrees and were great for swimming.

Restaurants. We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast. The service was great as was the food. The buffet was about what you would expect for a 5 star hotel at $32 per adult and $16 per child and included eggs prepared by a chef, lots of great fresh fruit, pastries, desserts and assorted breakfast meats.

Service. The service was excellent and Ritz quality. My sense is the management has read the reviews and is doing their best to ensure service is excellent. The staff was great w the children and just exceptional overall.

Location. The hotel is right next to the ocean w a beautiful beach. It's your typical Tier 1 Florida property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CardinalRK
cconnecticut
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have been going to EAU
now for our 3rd time in 2 years..
Looking forward to go back in October.
Place is awesome but it's the people that work there they put it together..
From the second you step on the property to the last..
Great job!!!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank connman1
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I jjust returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. I have never written a review before and felt the need to let people know how unpleasant my experience was. I was with a group of girls for a bachelorette party and we spent most of our time by the pool. I ordered shrimp quesadillas at Breeze restaurant after waiting 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge our presence. The quesadillas had no shrimp, were sloppy and presented terribly. I was shocked and the waitress acknowledged how offensive they were and sent them back to be re-made. This is after they served us the wrong drinks and told us that we were wrong - they were what we ordered. I also want to add that i have sent something back at a restaurant one time in my life and have a lot of respect for the work that waiters do if that gives you an idea of how bad it was. When the bill came i was surprised to see that after waiting an hour for some mediocre quesadillas, the waitress had not taken anything off the $90 bill and rudely informed us that 18% gratuity was included.

The next day we had a very rude waiter by the pool and simple orders sometimes took 45 minutes. My friend spoke to the pool manager about what had happened at Breeze the day before and that now we were being treated like a bother by our waiter. The manager was apologetic and brought over a pitcher of drinks, which was nice. He said he would send over another waiter to help us and never did. There were drinks and food trays all over our area that no one picked up. I noticed other lounge chairs and tables that had not been cleaned after people had left them. When we went to tell the manager we still had no service he seemed annoyed and told us that he could not redistribute the servers from their designated areas. A waitress named Leona happened to overhear the conversation and offered to help us. I cleaned our area with Leona. Five stars - what a joke. I felt like i was in a saturday night live skit. We were very respectful and were spending so much money that they should have been more than happy to help us. The servers in the other restaurant where we had breakfast were in no rush to help anyone and didn't seem happy to be there.

Then there was the valet issue. We waited awhile for cabs we ordered and when we went to check on them the response from a valet was how should i know? Another friend got attitude from the same guy.

The rooms were clean and the hotel is nice enough but we felt like an inconvenience to the staff the entire time. It caused unnecessary stress when all we wanted was the five star vacation we had paid for. The hotel manager should take away the included gratuity so that the staff will have incentive to help customers. This hotel should not be able to call itself five stars because it simply isn't.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank Audrey A
Michelle P, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Audrey A,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Eau Palm Beach. After reviewing your concerns with our team at Breeze I understand several meals and cocktails were taken care of for you and your party. While this does not make up entirely for the service issues you experienced, our staff was under the impression that this resolution was satisfying to you and your guests.

If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to. Please call me at 561-540-4803.

Josh McCann
Food & Beverage Manager, Breeze Restaurant
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014

No lie, my phone call to make a reservation alone, was incredibly impressive. The overwhelming kindness Cathy gave while assisting me was so appreciated that I hung up and told people how great she was. She was the mirror image of what we were to expect throughout our stay. From the valet (who knew my name along with my guests'), bellhop (who took the time to explain the room and even told us to watch our step when going into the patio), front desk, to the room service (who explained everything they brought and offered to pour coffees before they left) and the staff by the pool (who had great manners and very attentive)... Every person in that building made sure the energy was high and they all treat the guests with the highest standard of care. I've never been on this site, never took time to do something like this, but this was a great stay and I had to share. The other thing was how well they paid attention to anticipating the guests likes/needs with small details like giving us glasses of champagne when we check in, ample towels in the room, centralized control of the lighting and AC in the room, etc.. I stayed there this weekend (3.15.14) in 604. I learned how far the small things can go this weekend and will definitely be returning. Check it out.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gigi7221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Brazilian Court Hotel
Colony Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!