“Great End To The Year”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed on concierge level in late December until Dec 30th.Despite weather I can't say enough good about EAU. We were greatly pleased with every aspect.All of the help is most pleasant and helpful but never over-bearing.They know how to balance that.Staff in concierge lounge was incredibly unique as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Outstanding resort with great service and staff. Proof is we are a returning client. One can find many activities and keep busy or just veg out. Wonderful location for lots of shopping, easy place to get around and to see the sites.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We just returned from our stay at the Eau and it is certainly not the Ritz Carlton anymore, where we have stayed happily for many years. We flew in late on Friday night, so knowing we may actually arrive at the hotel after midnight, I called in advance to make the staff aware of our arrival so there would be no "computer mishaps" that might inadvertently cancel our reservation. I was assured in that phone call that reservations are done "by hand as a backup" and our room would be ready for us whatever time we arrived. We checked in at 11:30 at night. The woman at the front desk offered me champagne but offered my husband none while he stood right next to me and then said, "is one key sufficient?" My husband and I said no we wanted two keys (perhaps she thought he was just carrying bags?) and we were directed to our room in the North Tower. As we had only small carry on bags we didn't need help from the bellman and just wanted to go to sleep. The card keys didn't work so I walked back down to the lobby (a considerable distance) and told the woman at the front desk the keys did not work. She claimed the computer was down and made new keys but not before she asked me if I was sure I inserted it correctly. I am well past the age where I would be mystified by a plastic hotel key and told her I tried the key in every way possible. When I returned to the room and inserted the new key, it too, did not work. My husband (who had waited by himself outside the room) and I heard a voice inside the room: "This room is occupied". Startled, embarrassed and mortified that I had probably woken these people up at midnight, we turned to go back to the reception desk but not before we were met by a security guard who asked if he could help us, in the tone that that tells you he doesn't want any trouble. We explained what happened and he escorted us to the desk, where we were told the "computer was down" and the manager came out and mumbled they were sorry he and the front desk clerk looked at the floor. What you might expect at a motor court but at a "Preferred" property? No words conveying how embarrassing it must have been, no other empathy. The woman at the front desk then said the computer was back up and gave us a new room, giving us the same directions..robotically... to a room in the North Tower that she had given when we first came in 10 minutes before (as if we had just arrived and she had never seen us before). I had already made the walk twice so I think I know where I was going. The guard then escorted us to our room, directly below the people we had awoken, the first time I have ever had to do what felt like a "perp walk" in a 5 (or maybe now it's 4 star?) Hotel. The room was lovely (that hasn't changed), but the next day, when we went to the gym, I was told I could not use the spin bikes because "our insurance won't cover you if you fall off the bike." When it was the Ritz Carlton, they cheerfully let us use the bikes by ourselves and most of the time kept the room unlocked. We paid over $800 for our room and they don't want to pay an insurance premium for someone to use a bike by themselves? When we went to get our car on Saturday morning, the valet had brought it up but they completely ignored us as we waited. We didn't want to just charge forward to the car, and I stood there with the tip in my hand, ready to greet the valet. After several minutes, we saw the car was parked nearby so I figured they were too busy chatting, we just just got in a drove away. No one noticed. We stayed for two nights and never felt any of the special care and attention that we had felt for years when it was the Ritz Carlton. Maybe if you never stay at a 5 star hotel you may not notice, but this was a big disappointment. Even when we checked out, they didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay, you would automatically get that, even at modest motel. We are giving this hotel a poor rating because a 5 star rated hotel that treats its guests like a fungible widget deserves an abysmal rating. The experience felt like a purely mercenary transaction, nothing more. Its a shame that Palm Beach has lost something that was really special and had cachet and a lovely ambiance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank peateldog
Michelle P, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear peatedog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to our beautiful resort. We make every effort to ensure that our guests are engaged with our award-winning service and I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our senior leadership and we take every review seriously.

If you would like to discuss further, I welcome you to contact me directly at john.bradway@eaupalmbeach.com.

I truly hope you will give our resort a second chance in the near future.

John Bradway
Director of Marketing

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Have been to this hotel for conferences 4-5 times. Formerly a Ritz-Carlton, this is our first visit under new ownership. Hasn't skipped a beat. Understand that >90% of employees were Ritz employees before transition. Only problem is that it is a good drive to area sites. No good restaurants within walking range. No taxis outside; often call a town car (more expensive) without asking if one desired. Ask for metered taxi, as town cars don't usually have meters.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I recently stayed at EAU Palm Beach for the New Years holiday. From the service to the rooms to the staff to the spa to the beachfront location to the atmosphere it was amazing!! The spa alone is 45000 square feet its amazing!!! They allow you to go for your treatment then go in/out for that entire day to use the facilities and there are cupcakes in the relaxation room and they're complimentary!! Oh and the complimentary champagne that does not leave you with a banging headache and is $82 per glass was another plus. They were amazing!! I even had time to go to the salon for a highlight which was the best highlights I have had ever they look amazing!! And you do not even need to get up from the chair they color you,, wash your hair, and blowdry all in the same seat. The stylist there was amazing! The pools were perfect set right above the ocean, the staff at the pools for chairs, drinks, and lunch were wonderful. I have to say they were ontop of everything at all times I did not feel I had to "lift a finger" while there. The kids club was great for my 5 year old he loved it they have some video games, rock climbing wall, a stage for kids to act out a part which they really do like to do when you leave them there. For New Years they had a complimentary kids party it was incredible my son had the time of his life it was a carnival style with complimentary popcorn, snow cones, new years props and huge bouncing castles with games in the back. And it was right in the huge ballroom right near the lobby so you could go in/out anytime to check on your child and go back to the lobby parties or restaurants. Temple Orange menu was small but everything we had was good I was a fan of the tuna dish they had. The Angle restaurant was very good! The steak and seafood was amazing the presentation and service was incredible. Highly would suggest this property for a palm beach oceanfront location with a family or couples

Room Tip: A room with an oceanview even if its partial is worth it. The limited view rooms are not ideal if y...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed at many first rate hotels here and abroad and this has to rank as one of my favorites. It's first class all the way minus the 'pretentious' attitudes and feeling. Staff was phenomenal from our check-in all the way through to our departure. Can't say enough great things!!! Room wasn't overly spacious or decorated by what it lacked in 'character' was made up in lobby decor and spa! One of the best spa's / massages I have ever had too (and I don't compliment 'spas' in general!).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I tagged along with my wife who had a meeting here and we were both very mpressed with the property. The rooms were large with great views and something you don't see very often in higher end hotels FREE internet and k-cups in the room:) What really makes this hotel though is the staff- they were incredibly friendly and showed a genuine interest in getting to know you. One good sign is most have been emloyed here for several years. One word of caution- there really is no beach so if you can live with that then I highly reccomend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear isalndcpl,

Thank you for your amazing review of your recent stay at Eau Palm Beach. I love to here when a significant other takes advantage of a business trip to indulge themselves in a little getaway!

I hope that you will both come back again soon!

The Guest Services Team
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Sun Dek Beach House
Sun Dek Beach House
#1 of 1 in Ocean Ridge

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!