“Can't Trust This Hotel”

Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel, but unforeseen circumstances forced me to cancel. I cancelled well ahead of their required cancellation time and thought everything would be fine. But the day after I was scheduled to arrive the hotel charged me a no show charge. Even after I provided them with a copy of my cancellation notice they have refused to refund my credit card. Obviously the rules they specify during the reservation process have no validity. If you book this hotel you're paying for it regardless of whether you cancel in time or not.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LMALG
Michelle P, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear LMALG,

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We have addressed the issue directly and look forward to seeing you at Eau Palm Beach in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Guest Services Management Team
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

There are newer reviews for Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I admit the valet guys were fantastic. But aside from that I question the reviews being left here which rave about it. Especially when they all make a point to say how great it is even though it isn't a Ritz Carlton anymore. First of all, I understand why this is listed in Manalapan. Because if it was listed in Palm Beach it would never reach #1. While some parts of the hotel are new and modern, most other parts are completely outdated so it looks disjointed. Our rooms were dusty and moldy, though bathrooms were slightly better. The breakfast was also subpar as was the dinner at the main restaurant. Also, the beach is incredibly narrow and the water isn't anything you can comfortably wade around or swim in. Overall very underwhelming.

Room Tip: They upgraded us to a room on the first floor so we could have a patio, but there was no privacy wit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank e L
Reviewed October 24, 2013

the experience begins from the moment you walk in in the lobby. The greeting from the staff, décor, and the scents all around you just melt away life's stress. its my and husbands favorite get away place. its less then one hour drive from where we live, so we go at least once a year. The restaurants are amazing the rooms are beautiful, and clean, and the service exceptional. The spa is and gardens are just breath taking. Great place to go for cocktail, or just dinner. the patio, pool area and fire pit are complete the atmosphere, a 5 star experience all around

Room Tip: we always ask for the rooms on the first floor overlooking the pool and patio area. You can sit on t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My Sister and I had a lovely experience at Eau. We utilized the fabulous Spa, dined in room and in the restaurants. We relaxed by the tranquility pool and enjoyed the quiet evening in our luxurious poolside room. Stand out employees were Michele at the poolside bar/restaurant who went above and beyond in service and friendliness. Also, Patrick who was my "Imperial Geisha" spa treatment employee. He was professional and provided much need relief for a very sore body. The spa is absolutely top 5 in the world!

From check in to check out, we had an exceptional stay at the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Room Tip: Rooms by the "Tranquilty Pool" are very quiet and calming
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for one night. Very classy hotel in an old school of way. Service was very good. We had dinner in the main dinning room. The Sqash Capacinno was amazing. The Rib-eye steak also very good. The chocolate dessert was decadent. We had Sunday brunch the following morning and it was yerrific.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Only the French could pronounce "Eau" as "Oh," but the Eau Palm Beach Resort is oh, so perfect. In my 51 years I have had two off the charts hotel service experiences, and this is one of them. The other was a Ritz Carlton in Jamacia, and the Eau used to be a Ritz Carlton.

Every memeber of the staff, and I mean every member, bends over backwards for you. Rick, the bellman, made sure I knew where the business meetings would be, how to get to the pool and beach, how to use everything in my room, etc... When you arrive, housekeeping is in your room making sure everything is perfect from a turned down bed to fresh ice. The beach attendant even put my shoes in a cabinet because it started to rain and I was on a beach walk.

The rooms are comfortable, well appointed and with good views. The food is great and the gym spa-quality.

I can't wait to go there for pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the moment I arrived the service was excellent. I was very impressed when checking they called me by my name. The room was extremely comfortable with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. The bed was so relaxing that I was a bit late for my morning appointment.

The hotel has a great outdoor pool bar. The service and employees working were very accommodating. The beach is just down the stairs. I had a great stay and would go back to this hotel if I am ever back in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jim,
A relaxing, effortless stay is one of our main objectives at the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa. We are so happy you enjoyed your view and the luxurious guestroom! Thank you for your kind words. We certainly will welcome you back when you return to Palm Beach. The beach awaits your return...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Brazilian Court Hotel
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!