“Great stay”

Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the moment I arrived the service was excellent. I was very impressed when checking they called me by my name. The room was extremely comfortable with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. The bed was so relaxing that I was a bit late for my morning appointment.

The hotel has a great outdoor pool bar. The service and employees working were very accommodating. The beach is just down the stairs. I had a great stay and would go back to this hotel if I am ever back in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, Manager at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jim,
A relaxing, effortless stay is one of our main objectives at the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa. We are so happy you enjoyed your view and the luxurious guestroom! Thank you for your kind words. We certainly will welcome you back when you return to Palm Beach. The beach awaits your return...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Check in process was smooth and easy. Our room was ready at 2 pm. We stayed on the 4th floor which is club floor level. (breakfast, mid-day snacks, appetizers, deserts, drinks) We had an ocean front room. The room was pristine. The bed was extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are immaculate. Towels, robes, slippers are all good quality as well as bedding. There is a very nice mini-bar refrigerator as well as snacks (cookies, peanuts etc..) in the top drawer. My only complaint with the room upon check in there was 1 shampoo, 1 bar of soap, 1 lotion. A quick note I left for turn down service I was left with plenty of amenities (everything I requested)! Turndown was a just what you would expect, very consistent and complete with chocolates, water, glass, slippers at bedside, draperies closed. (5 star hotels take note – when you offer turndown this is how it should be done.)
Adult pool: I did not go to the main pool but stayed at the adult’s only pool. The water was warm, the pool attendant was excellent. They offered magazines, sun tan lotion, and water. They are very attentive asking if you need anything. The waiters appear about 11 with menus to order from the pool bar. Again, 5 star service here!
The Temple Orange; food was just ok and the menu was limited. However, again service was amazing. Our waiter was very pleasant to talk to and we genuinely enjoyed his company. On a side note I came here by myself one afternoon that my husband was golfing. When they saw I was dining alone, they immediately offered me magazines which I thought was a very nice touch.
The Club Lounge; can’t say enough here about the staff. I have stayed at many Ritz-Carltons on club level and the Oeau Resort is one of the best Club staffs ever! They are always around should you need anything. The staff was a pleasure to hang out with and talk to. They offer to things for you before you ask as in call for dinner reservations..etc.. You don’t have to ask really for anything they are just there and anticipating your needs. They remember your name and the things you like.
A few notes: they do add 18% gratuity to all checks. I find this convenient but it is worth mentioning. Also the beach is very narrow. I walked it every morning and it was very nice and fairly private. I have stayed here at the Oeau a few years ago when it was a Ritz-Carlton. It is just as nice --if not better and I would return anytime!
P.S. The spa was amazing – see my review and photos separately at Eau Spa, Palm Beach

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi JT907-
Thank you so much for the amazing review on Trip Advisor regarding the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa; we are blushing!

It is our goal to provide 5 star service and quality in every area of our resort; from the valet and bell stand to the check in, dining, pool concierge and Spa. We are delighted you were able to enjoy our bespoke personal touches. We hope you will return soon. Warm regards

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel recently changed from Ritz Carlton to Eau, but it is a very lovely hotel. Very nice and relaxing pool area and is beach front. The beach area, while warm water and very clear, does not have much of a sandy beach area in front if hotel. The ocean in front of the hotel is also filled with jagged rocks, which makes ocean swimming challenging. Overall, however, a beautiful location.
A Warning, however: the bridge leading from the airport to the hotel has been closed for repair for over a year. The detour signs are not well placed. It took me several tries to find the right way and the GPS could not figure out how to detour. The detour takes you a few miles further south than where the hotel is located.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rpbp4_6
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. I was there for a conference at the Breakers Hotel but could not get in there. Luck for us!! We got in Thursday afternoon. Checked in with Christoph. Superb attention to detail and very friendly. Our room was excellent. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was to die for. We went down to the Breeze outside bar. Drinks were great and the food was excellent. Drove to Charley's Crab house about 10 miles away and we had a great dinner there. Friday I had to take off for my seminar at the Breakers. My hubby walked out to the beach and was immediately taken care of with a lounge chair, umbrella and drink. The water is crystal clear, warm this time of year and the beach is super clean. My husband went to the bar for happy hour and had "the best oysters I have had in along time" for $1.00 a piece!!! I was back by 5pm for happy hour only to discover they would not be having happy hour till 6pm as they were having a private party. That is not right to do to your customers who have paid top dollar for a room and you have advertised happy hour till 6pm! Ended up going to the Seafood buffet. $60.00 a person but well worth it! Go with an empty stomach so you can get your moneys worth. Sushi, crab legs, stone crab claws, an ahi, to name a few things. Entrees were, Grouper, Salmon, Prime Rib, Chicken. Desserts were tiramisu, crème brulle, cheesecake, and much more. Overall we had a very nice experience and we would definitely return. Biggest turn off...18% gratuity added to you check. I like to have the option of what to tip. Most times I tip 20% or more. Best employees- Simone at the buffet, Tall blonde at the Breeze outside bar, and Christoph the concierge. A++++

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KimberlyinMaui

Hi Kimberly,
Thank you so much for your nice review of the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa. We are pleased you enjoyed the attentiveness of our staff; especially Christoph. Our entire team takes pride in spoiling our guests and providing them personalized service. The Breeze beach bar is divine isn't it? Oysters are just a few of the yummy choices there. I'll copy the bar manager about your suggestion to keep the happy hour open. I am sure it was just an oversight that day. As for the 18% gratuity, it is a very common practice to include gratuity in meal checks in many South Florida establishments. It of course is a recommendation. Please feel free to add more if you feel so inclined. And if at any time you had an issue with one of our servers, our managers would work to immediately resolve your concerns.

Kimberly, we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future at the Eau Palm Beach!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lovely property. Lovely experience. Told at booking they would accommodate us with a room if they couldn't accommodate a late check out. Planned a return flight late, only to find out that they couldn't/wouldn't accommodate us. Very, very rude front desk marred an otherwise lovely stay. Don't be fooled when you plan your trip. They will give you a 'hospitality' room on a first come first served basis to shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank R H
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just because this resort is no longer called " The Ritz " don't be fooled!!! From the time you arrive to the time of departing the entire first class service is at your finger tips. Superb front desk, housekeeping, wait staff, pool staff and I can go on and on. Positively a 5 Diamond Resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have spent a week here with my husband and our six year old kid. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is super attentive and responsive, the room is a good sized one. The housekeeping attends to your rooms twice a day. Not only they make up the beds and change the towels, they will also fold you clothes and put your shoes away. With a kid, this kind of service comes in handy. They also leave small chocolates as part of their turn down nightly run.

There are two pools at this hotel, one where children are not allowed and one that is for everybody. What we found rather strange was the fact that the pool water was considerably colder in the "everybody's pool" where kids should swim. The water was way too cold for my husband or for me to swim there. Fortunately, our six year old can swim by himself fine but if he was younger and we needed to be in the water with him, that would be a major issue. The water in the "adult" pool was, on other hand, very warm and comfortable. My husband and I took turns and went swimming there as well as the ocean which was also very warm.

The staff by the pool is very attentive, helping you to put towels over the lounge chairs. It was hard to get the attention of the waiters by the pool, though. When we wanted drinks, my husband had to walk to the bar to get the drinks himself.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and inviting. They have complimentary fresh lemonade and green apples by the front desk. Free coffee in the lobby in the morning. The gift shop is nice but it does not have a lot of choices of swimwear or sun hats or sunblock. Two brands of sunblock, may be 3-4 sun hats.... Basically, if you need something beyond basic sunblock, gift shop would be no help.

Our room was pretty and pretty spacious. A few shortcomings.. 1. The mattresses are way too soft to our liking. Not a deal breaker but I am used to a much firmer mattress. 2. There is no string in the bathroom to hang your wet bathing suits. Our room was on the first floor so we left our bathing suits outside. I assume the rooms on all the other floors have balconies so may be people just use balcony chairs to dry their swimwear. 3. Almost every day we would find some alive bug on our carpet. That was gross. That could be because our room was on the first floor.... Not sure. But either way housekeeping should have done something about these bugs that kept appearing here and there. Other that these occasional bugs on the carpet, the room and bathroom were very clean. 4. The shower stall is extremely small. The bathroom itself is rather large but the shower stall is extremely small.

The hotel parking was rather steep, at $28 per night. The valet stuff was very efficient and attentive, though. On the upside, the hotel provides free Wi-Fi. You would think that this would be the rule everywhere but we stay at plenty of places where they charge for Wi-Fi on a daily basis.

For breakfast we never used the hotel buffet since we could not justify $32 per person price tag. There is a beach breakfast/lunch place that is 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel and this is where we went every morning. The food is so delicious there and you have the ocean view as you sit in the shade.

Overall, we have enjoyed out stay and we might come back here. I do hope they will start warming up the "kids" pool by then, though. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Delray Beach Marriott
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!