“WOW!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Orlando, Florida, United States
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend. We felt welcomed from the moment we pulled into the resort and we were surprised with champagne at our check-in (Fabulous perk). This resort has all the feel and elegance of a five star hotel and the added bonus of personalization. The friendly staff and management made us feel very welcomed and accommodated every need my boyfriend had. He ended up proposing and he couldn't have picked a more special place. This resort is on the top of my list of vacation hot spots. You are going to love it!!

-The new Mrs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Washington dc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I came to this hotel last year when it was still the Ritz. We enjoyed our vacation so much that we decided to come back again this year.

Much to our surpise, we discovered that the Ritz was no longer the Ritz and management had changed the month prior. The grounds were still immaculate, the rooms still incredibly comfortable and the staff still friendly. The spa remains to be one of the greatest parts of our trip, as it was last year. The spa facility and staff are amazing and worth the splurge.

Our complaints are minimal but enough to reconsider any future visits. First and foremost, we were never notified that management was changing prior to our departure despite having made reservations months in advance. Also, the various perks that make a resort a five start resort were blaringly missing --- the incredibly attentive service (the staff was very friendly, just not enough staff to accomodate the resort), minimal to no wait staff around the pool to take orders, the bar that used to be at the adult pool was no longer in place, and a lot of loud conversations between staff happening in hallways. Lastly, it doesn't seem reasonable to charge 5 start resort prices for a resort that doesn't quite live up to those standards. It's a perfectly nice resort but currently not worth the price being charged.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Celeste R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the newly renamed Eau Palm Beach Resort. I arrived not sure what to expect, since it is my experience that establishments going through management changes can be tricky. Review sites are not always trustworthy as they are prime takeover spots for the competition to crowdsource them for their own obvious gains.

Not only am I looking forward to returning in February, I would recommend any CEOs struggling with customer experience issues to check in, grab a pen and pad, and observe.

There is an outstanding brand story here. What struck me most was a front line staff empowered to do the right thing in order to provide outstanding service, completely unencumbered by corporate rules, regulations and guidelines. Customers deal with this struggle often, and staff often apologize because they know the obvious thing to do, but red tape prohibits them from acting on it. Instead, they infuriate and escalate the issue by forcing us to wait on hold, wait for management, or take down our info to "get back to us" or otherwise pass the buck when they could immediately take care of it themselves. This is especially true when budgets require middle management to oversee too large an area to be effective.

The most outstanding example of this "front line empowerment" happened when my car service didn't show up as planned to take me to the airport for my departure. I had email and printed documentation, and the Bell Manager was trying to rectify why they were not here. Finally she politely put both parties on hold, called the valet to pull up the hotel Escalade and told him to cover for her, she's taking me herself. She thanked the car company, hung up, grabbed her sunglasses, handbag and Starbucks and took me on the spot. THAT never would have happened without a string of properly signed paperwork and management approval at a Ritz. And that was only one example.

My entire stay was outstanding. The staff seemed really happy to be there. They were proud to be working there, and when you are empowered to make guests happy, it shouldn't surprise you that they would be. From the spectacular ocean front views and beautiful balcony, the heart stopping spa with the best massage and facial I have ever received (Thank you, Steven!) to the stunningly artistic breakfast buffet and excellent room service, I can honestly see why people return year after year, and why the hotel boasts such a high staff retention.

Along with the London Hotel in West Florida, this is now a favorite hotel. Nice job guys. I'll be using you as an example in my agency talks.

Room Tip: Stay on the Ocean Front. Leave the door open and enjoy the sound of the ocean. Lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Milwaukeetravelbuffs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

here with kids and wife for 10 days. Thought I would give everyone a real time critical review throughout our trip about various details. Our typical vacation is usually the four seasons or ritz carlton, or JW Marriott, all over the US. In general, this is a very nice resort, but id rather focus on certain details and ill give some daily updates!!

Daily breakfast buffet is $32/adult, $14/child. Of all the breakfast buffets at all the 5 star resorts we've frequented on our twice a year vacations over the last 30 years (hawaii, Arizona, colorado, California, Nevada, Australia, Europe, florida caymans...), this is by far the worst we have ever encountered. Nothing comes close to how bad it is, really. There is no breakfast bar of any sort in terms of freshly made waffles, pancakes, omelets, eggs made to order...nothing of the sort. However, when asked if you could have one made--$10 extra per item, per person. Rather, you have a hot bin of waffles and pancakes which are mushy and old. In another bin, you have bacon and sausages--the bacon is very soft, rubbery and literally slimy, and the sausages are very greasy. In the other bin were scrambled eggs--very powdery tasting and the top layer of them dried over because they have been sitting out so long. In the other bin are hash browns, but up in rectangles and resembling those you would get at mcdonalds!! One side of the are burnt, the other side just mush! The yogurt with granola was actually warm!! When told, the staff agreed and removed the others from the bar. Just a sign of food sitting out too long because of poor attendance, and poor monitoring of food. At 900-1030am, it was only maybe 25% full.
They have a lot of boutique type of "artsy" foods which basically seems to go untouched. The pastry choices are nice and plentiful.
My kids will eat anything, anywhere, anytime---but even they said they didnt like the breakfast buffet! My kids will usually go up several times for anything they can--LOL...not here though.
Of interest...we were not the only ones having an issue--there were other people grumbling also. Which brings up a real reg flag...there were very few people there. People would walk in, look around, and walk out.
Service there? Deplorable. We were there for an hour, and never were offered any refills on drinks. Our dishes sat on the table. But when we asked for the check, then we were finally asked if we wanted our drinks refilled?! BTW...18% automatic tip no matter your party size (we are a party of four).
Yesterday we were warned about the poor quality of the breakfast buffet by another couple, and they now go across the street to a restaurant for breakfast. We saw the same couple again today who said there were 3 other parties there from this resort!!
Bottom line...stay away from the breakfast buffet.

Our room: ocean front with an OUTSTANDING view of the ocean. Room is very very clean, and kept in very nice condition. Bed it outstanding. AC keeps room nice and cool without any problem. Bathroom is really nice and kept very clean.

Lobby...grand and bright and very big. Many places and opportunities to just sit with family or friends and relax. Oh yeah...free wifi.

Pool service today.... there was a pool attendant named Mathew who seems to be a very disgruntled individual who must hate his job with a vengeance. He was just so miserable. One of our neighboring pool guests actually made a remark about him also, so i knew it could not just be me who thought of him that way. He needs to be in a different line of work i believe.

Food outside at the pool (i believe its called the breeze)...fantastic!!! Quality is nothing short of great so far there. Service is fantastic! The staff there are so nice and attentive. Drinks are refilled all the time, food is outstanding, and the staff is simply great.

Front desk staff...outstanding. Very courteous. Very professional. Valet staff the same...simply great!!!

Ill write more later...time to hop back in the pool!!!
Any questions while im here, let me know!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Cypress822
Pleasantville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel stay was a great surprise and wonderful pleasure. Basically, we wanted for nothing! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. There was nothing that we needed or wanted that was not readily available to us. The location was perfect - beach, pool, distance to Palm Beach proper. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side ARE quieter - the meeting rooms are in the North Tower - should there be a c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dparuolo
Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was at the Eau Palm Beach from Friday July 19th to Sunday July 21st. I had booked the trip in February under the Ritz-Carlton banner and like anyone else, was a bit worried that I wasn't going to get what I paid for. What made it even more worrisome is I decided to ask my girlfirend to marry me that weekend. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. What a fabulous experience, from the valet, to bellmen, to check-in, concierge (Jonathan was excellent), restaurants, you name it. We were upgraded to a two room suite overlooking the ocean, and basically treated like royalty. Service was outstanding, and the place was immaculate. Our bill and charges were fair and we were not nickel and dimed like in other comparable hotels.

My fiancee and I agreed that if someone really has issues with this hotel like we read in some of the posts that got us worried, well then those people have far bigger issues to deal with in their lives than a hotel stay. Awesome place, awesome staff, unforgettable experience, and we will definitely be going back. Thanks to the Eau Palm Beach and their excellent staff for making our engagement so memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren G
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We loved staying here. Our ocean view room was beautiful, the food great, and we loved sitting around the fire pit at night with a cocktail and snacks. The size of the hotel is just right too, beautiful décor and very pleasant staff. The cabanas are also lovely. I prefer it to the Breakers as it is more intimate of a resort.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean view. Afterall, that is the point of being in an ocean front resort.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Delray Beach Marriott
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!